Kaspersky / bad customer support

India Review updated:

I had installed KIS 2009 (3 user version) after which my system somehow gt infected and I had to format it. Now after formatting when i went to reinstall KIS 2009 i.e enterr the acctivation code the software gives the error "Code activation procedure failed 4:14". I had sent a msg to the support team they gave me a no. and informed that they will respond in 2 days, which never happened! I'm really dissapointed with Kaspersky for this. I have been running the inactivated version, no updates! Ive paid a whole lot for this software n these guys dont have any proper customer support!

Comments

• Su
      Dec 19, 2012

This is my 3rd year using Kaspersky antivirus software, I have just recently purchased Pure 2.0 plus 1 free year. Until 2 weeks ago all was working ok until I ran a full scan and noticed that my laptop had shutdown and when I viewed the scan details "Failure unknown" was shown, this happened time and again. Kaspersky support forums suggested doing a full uninstall and reinstall which I have done 3 times with the same problem. I then created a rescue disc and ran a full scan in accordance with Kaspersky instructions and no virus's detected!. I used the "Get System Info" tool from kaspersky and generated a request with all details of my problems and my concerns that my antivirus is not working??. It has been 10 days since my request with no reply, in desperation I sent an email via their so called customer support and 3 days later still no reply. I live in Australia and when I try their phone support service it takes so long that it becomes unbearable to hang on!!. I have spent most of my working life in mainframe service and support and can't believe Kaspersky's lake of customer support, the one thing I can do is never purchase a Kaspersky product again!.

•   May 21, 2013

I bought a license for Kaspersky One 2013, 1-year 5-devices, and the license expired the next day. Despite many tries and something like 12 days dealing with their tech support, I got mostly canned responses, and the remainder was unhelpful. They generally refused to admit that this could happen, and continually told me to reinstall and reactivate/re-enter my license. Which I did. And sent screenshots of doing. I am highly displeased and am going to try to have the credit company reverse the charge. I will never use Kaspersky again.

• Ab
      Dec 21, 2015

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad software, not tech support at all