Kaspersky Anti-virus / 2-year subscription expires in one month

MA, United States Review updated:

I had purchased a one year Kaspersky anti virus disc from Staples and it was about to expire. I purchased a two-year renewal of my anti-virus software from Kaspersky online. One month later, a message from Kaspersky appeared on my screen that said my subscription had expired. After trying to reach their help desk from their website without luck, I finally received some help from their sales office who told me to repurchase and install again. I did and they refunded my original purchase money. It was not a pleasant experience as the process took several days of uninstalling and getting nowhere with their tech support. You'll find out that it is one big run around, with you clicking on various icons and eventually winding up just where you started. It's frustrating. Exactly one month to the day after getting my anti-virus up and running, the same message appeared on my screen stating that my subscription had expired yet AGAIN! I contacted the sales group again and they put me through the same obstacle course that I went through the first time. Enough already! I have purchased Bitdefender and I am now seeking out people who have had the same bad experience that I have had. My co-workers at Staples have heard numerous complaints from customers as well.

Comments

• Ka
      Mar 10, 2012

I purchased a new desktop computer from Best Buy on 2/03/12 and had them load the two year subscription of Kaspersky 2012 on it at that time. On March 3rd 2012, it started telling me my subscription had expired and I am required to pay for it again. This happened with my last Computer and Kaspersky 2010, so I feel Cheated for the second time!

Mar 01, 2013

I bought Kaspersky AntiVirus 2012 sold though Best Buy auction site. It never worked, and Kaspersky and Best Buy is pointing finger to each other.

• Jl
      Mar 30, 2013

Back in January this year, I purchased a 2yr - 3user - Pure 2.0 from Kaspersky on line, after about 6 or 8 re installs, I got a can not in stall due to number of activations exceed. So I got about 3 weeks of use for $99.00. Trying to speak to anyone at kaspersky is useless in more ways than one - a big waste of time. I see a class action suit in the future for kaspersky.

• Na
      Oct 21, 2014

I had the 30 Day Trial Period Kaspersky activated (which was a lot of trouble) and I went ahead and bought the Kaspersky PURE Total Security 3.0 and the backup diskette for $160.40. When the 30 days was up, I was warned that I did not have an anti-virus and I spent quite a bit of time on the day it expired and after so long, my battery ran out on cell phone. A couple of days later, I called again and after 45 minues, I was told by IYogi that my computer was in such a state that no anti-virus could be loaded and for the bargain price of $199 they would get me up and running and keep me running for a year. I have been through this so many times. I had Advanced Tech Support and they downloaded every exchange on to my little computer and crashed it. Anyway, I am 76 and I think these scams are getting worse. I have Time Warner as my connection and they threw up a flag that I was full of errors and they were dated during a period that the computer wasn't in use and it was just a fake screen. I guess TW sold my computer address. WHAT I WANT IS MY 4160.40 REFUNDED. i don't know how these supposed support people that are in realty sales people sleep at night beating up on their grandmothers. I hope these people get stopped and let us just plug along with our emails and Facebook life. Nancy Files