kangaroo pantry / unlawfull firing

1 3130 hwy 17 bypassmurrells inles, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: (843) 651-8099

I'm a former employee of the pantry. I have been unlawfully terminated. I worked for 9 months without so much as a write up or a large cash variance. I worked on third shift and worked extra hours for the truck days. After a small rush at 3 a.m, before I could drop my money I was robbed at gun point. I was fired by Anthony Wollums the following wednesday, he said that is was out of his hands. Too much money was in the drawer. I remember that there was only 2 20 dollar bills, but there must have been more 5's than i thought. I was never written up for having too much money in the drawer. I was under the impression that I need to have at least 2 to loose my job. I have contacted a lawyer and I will be getting legal advice on the kangaroo, pantry corporation. I can be contacted at [protected] If you would like to discuss this further call me and I will give more details and answer questions...

Comments

• Go
      4th of May, 2009

do not waste money on a laywer, as you can be fired for any reason whatsoever as long as its not a protected category like race or gender. Unless, you were in a Union or had some special contractual agreement.

Even if the reason he fired you was wrong, it is still, legal to fire someone even if you are wrong.

• Go
      4th of May, 2009

also since you mentioned something about your impression of a corporate policy, a corporate policy is not a law either. They aren't under any legal obligation to follow their own policies.

• Fu
      29th of Jun, 2009

i am current employee for i dont know how long cause i had an employee, start a physical fight with me pushing up on me like in a gang war, and because i have no video i am suffering. irt to what y ou just brought up there is a store in my district or old that was robbed and the gunman got 250.00 and that staff member was not fired.
    i think yo should get a lawyer and challenge the pantry i am, i am challenging there lack of managment, failure to provide proper cameras in and out of stores for my protection, and no one should be on a single shift on second or third. check and see if your store has been robbed in last two years there is a state guidline in florida if so that store is required to have two clerks working. actually that is company policy that is has to betwo write ups. but let me ask you, how were you treated after the robbery? target that also if they just out and fired you, they did not follow protocall. you should of being given a day off with pay and able to speak with someone at their douche bag employeee issues line.
    oh and that same week at the same store a assist manager was caught altering time cards and he never got fired so add up the math. good luck

• Mi
      21st of Oct, 2009

I am a employeee wit this company who's store got recently robbed and there was a good amount of cash tooken. And to top that the employee that was robbed got into a scuffule wit the robber. Which is a no no and automatic termination but because this employee was a vauable person to our lazy manager she never was terminated. Yes I think u should sue. Besides u should'nt have never been there alone n the first place... It' all about who u are. And to top it off all this was on video.

• Sh
      11th of Nov, 2009

I work for The Pantry, Inc. in chattanooga, Tennessee. Company policy is that you should not have more than $75.00 in your register at ALL times.

I was robbed at 12:30am at gunpoint on September 24, 2009, and they even took the tray. They got a total of $46.00 from me. They then went to the Kangaroo up the street from me and and they got $350.00 from that clerk.

They cut his hours, but, because he is a friend of the manager's son, they didn't fire him at the time. I don't know if he is still there or not. But, I pat myself on the back because I have alwasy said they ain't going to shoot me and get money too!

Sharon Anne Goodner

• Sh
      11th of Nov, 2009

Company policy states that you can only have $75.00 in your drawer at all times!

• Me
      22nd of May, 2010

I use to work for the Pantry and I noticed one thing they are so concerned about making the customers happy they should think about making the employees happy if they employees are happy the customers would be happy. All i have to say is that the Pantry does not appreciate their employees for nothing they dont even give their employees nothing to show they appreciate them if it wasn't for they employees the store couldn't run.

• Ii
      1st of Dec, 2010

agreed 100% mexico.. I am a current employee of the pantry and i get treated like im trash from my dm he thinks he runs the show when actually he's just in the backround and doesn't know anything about anything.. all he ever does when he comes to the store is sit in his office on the phone and he talks so loud you can hear his conversations and he's always [censor]ing someone out for small things and then expects everything to be fixed in a jiffy and be back to normal.. when in all actuality it just doesn't work that way and that is something that he can not seem to get.. my manager on the other hand is very respectful and takes a lot from our dm and i don't see how he does it.. i mean its one minute he's fine and the next he's going off about some dust on the register.. well hello we have people coming in our store 24/7 because we are a 24 hours facility... but i'm no longer happy working there and wish that i could find something else.. sad to say but i've only been with the company for 6 months and a lot of customers always say to me "I'm surprised you still work here" and i reply with "Why it's not that bad" and they say "Well I've noticed that this place goes through a lot of people" and I'm starting to see why now.. Ughhh 6 months later though :/