Kaiser / misdiagnosis of asthma

1 CA, United States

How do I go about getting a misdiagnosis expunged from my children’s medical records? They were diagnosed with asthma by their pediatrician. They went in with colds and congestion, sometimes wheezing, sometimes not, and based on those symptoms were diagnosed with asthma and prescribed inhalers.

I had them tested by the pulmonology department, a (PFT) Pulmonary Function Test and a (MCT) Methacholine Challenge Test. Passed both. Based on this, can I get the inhalers and the diagnosis of asthma expunged?

How do I go about getting a misdiagnosis expunged from my children's medical records? They were diagnosed with asthma by their pediatrician. They went in with colds and congestion, sometimes wheezing, sometimes not, and based on those symptoms were diagnosed with asthma and prescribed inhalers.

I had them tested by the Pulmonology Department, a (PFT) Pulmonary Function Test and a (MCT) Methacholine Challenge Test. Passed both. Based on this, can I get the inhalers and the diagnosis of asthma expunged?

One: They have been playing sports, soccer, track and football and never had breathing issues nor did they ever need an inhaler to play.
Two: They both want to go into the military and with this diagnosis and prescribed inhalers, do not meet the physical standards to enlist.

What can I do?