KaBoom, Oxyclean / Billy Mays Aggravating Ads

United States Review updated:
Billy Mays is the most irritating product spokesman in television history. The is NO REASON for him to shout his entire message, as if I'm either stupid, or am on the other side of a freeway. I usually change channels when he comes on, and of course, I absolutely never buy any products he's pushing. Everyone I talk to about him agrees. No one has ever said anything positive about his shouting style, or about the products he's pushing.

The ads are utterly counterproductive. Any company who uses Billy Mays is unbelievably stupid, because most listeners will associate his annoying shouting with your product. What part of that don't you understand??

A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
I absolutely agree. He ruins every show that contains his commercials and I hit the mute button whenever he comes on and yells at me. I will NEVER buy any of the products that he advertises. It amazes me that any company would think this is positive advertizing :-( It is TERRIBLE!!!
A  29th of Apr, 2009 by
I do agree strongly (or in Billy Mays-ese STRONGLY!!!) that his commercials are the most unpleasant commercials on TV. I also immediately mute them. I DO use the products...because they work..NOT because he has talked me into buying them. I have never enjoyed having someone yell at me, even if they are smiling, and I also don't understand how he became the spokesperson for these products. I cringe when I see one coming on. I even sometimes find myself yelling BACK at him. This is not good for one's stress levels and I really do hope you can find a solution (get it, solution..) to eradicating the stains of irritability he leaves behind.
Rosemary (would like to take my hands off my ears..) Snyder