k designers / Scam Promise of &GoodJob&

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

I am a 43 year old professional male, i was contacted by K Designers after posting my resume on one of the larger job source websites. I was excited about the possibility of my new career with them, however after an interview was scheduled for the same day i posted my excitement on social media and got bombarded with concerned friends warning me of the danger that lay ahead. I did my online research and found out some very non professional business practices are conducted there both on employees and customers.
That is a lose, lose business ethic i anticipate this place going out of business very soon because of it. Thank goodness for social media that prevented me from making a HUGE career mistake, and thank goodness for honest on line reviews for the insight.

Ke

Comments

• Go
      14th of Sep, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews of the company before working for them as a "Marketing Director"! They hire you has a 1099 subcontractor. By IRS laws the job does not qualify as a "subcontractor". The company controls your every move the entire day. You have to report to the office everyday at 9:00 and be prepared to run leads from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. They only give you one lead without the homeowners phone number. You cannot call the homeowner to see if they are home. So you may drive 2 hours to have nobody home, or the infamous "I tried to tell her no on the phone but she wouldn't listen, so I told her come on over" Some homeowners think the person calling is the one that is coming over! The company preys on older people and people who cannot afford new windows/siding. One month I didn't pitch a single presentation because either the homeowner wasn't home or that they were looking for something that we didn't sell. Before you are assigned another lead, you have to call dispatch and "result" your call. If you stepped foot into the house you had to price the homeowner something even if they weren't interested in anything. The first 9 weeks you work off a draw. A lousy $250/week! Of course they take that back when you get your first commission check. The company had what they call a rollover bonus. With my sales in September of 2017, I earned a $800 bonus. Here it is 9/14/2018 and I still have not been paid. I called corporate and was told that I needed to talk to the branch manager. I did and his response was priceless. "Bonuses are being paid" I asked when. Response: "Not sure, but it will get paid, that's all I know" I responded "That is what I was told last year". Larry Judson, owner, is a multi millionaire and he can't afford to pay me $800! I sure wish I had read these reviews before working for this sham of a company!