K & B Transportation Inc.

Posted:

Bad employer

4.5
K & B Transportation Inc.
4700 Dakota Ave
S Sioux City, Nebraska
Phone: 18005497599
kbtransportation.com
K & B Transportation, Inc, whose primary customer and affliate is Tyson/IBP, is in my opinion, the worst of the worst trucking companies to work for. I've been driving over the road for 4 and a half years, and fell into their "guarantee" trap that they put out to entice qualified drivers to move to them with "2500" miles a week guaranteed, run them or not. In this economy, and with the reduction in freight and miles in the industry, this sounded too good to be true. After my experience with them, I wish I had checked their reports out here first.

After hiring on with them after a rigorous orientation schedule, I worked for them for about 3 weeks before being "let go" for not playing ball. Playing ball in this term means I wouldn't falsify my driver logs to meet their absurd delivery requirements for Tyson or any other client of theirs that demanded impossibilities from a solo driver.

On one of many situations, I was asked (strongly urged) to falsify my driver log so that their load could deliver on time. This particular load was a load of fresh apples, in a reefer unit set on continuous run cycle that had been relayed to me by another driver in the middle of my mandatory 10 hour break (common for this.) The reefer was left with me with less than a quarter tank of fuel, at a location that didn't take Comdata for fuel. I was argued with by K & B, to get up in the middle of my ten hour break (the law) and go and fill the reefer down the city about 2 miles away. I told them no, I was on my 10 hour break. At that point, they told me to redo my log and show that I started the day later than I had. I told them no, it was illegal and I wasn't allowed to drive until my 10 hour break was done. They got mad and sent another driver to take the reefer down the street to fuel, then bring it back. this is when they decided to route me up the office and tell me I was done with K & B because of this and late loads. The late loads were due to my following DOT law and only driving what I legally could.

They run you ragged and use sleep deprivation on a constant basis, which is un-safe and puts the driver and the general motoring public at great risk. In fact, last week one K & B driver missed their exit on U.S. 287 in Colorado and did an illegal u-turn, which resulted in another big rig hitting the driver door of the truck, sending both drivers to the hospital. I have a strong feeling that the K & B driver was driving fatigued and was the victim of the company's absurd driving requirements.

First of all, to drive for K & B, you have to agree to drive primarily at night. Second, they run you ragged and tell you when your ten hour break starts and ends. It doesn't matter to them that it took 4 or 5 hours at the receiver to unload when you stopped the truck...to them, it's the start of your ten hour break! Oh, and they usually require the driver to be present for unloading. Gee, how can you be sleeping during that time? No matter, when the break is over, regardless of your sleep, you're off and running another 650-700 miles, mostly at night. These are un-safe practices and dangrous for the driver and the motoring public.

Even with drop and hook freight, same rules apply. When you get there, you're there! Start of 10 hour break most times. Never mind it takes waiting your turn in line at the security stations, it takes time to drop your trailer, slide your tandems (req. on all loads for Tyson) and find and hook to yiour next load. Now, check out with security, do your qualcomm messages and depart. If you need to break, you only have the remaining time from the time you got there, otherwise, its on the road to the next location. Again, very dangerous.

As to the drivers being left stranded when they are sent home from K & B, who usually took them there from wherever in the country. When I went home, they got me a bus ticket, however, there was a driver there who they let go after orientation, who passed all his test, including drug screen. They sent him home because he he didn't agree with company policy of us paying for scales and tolls up front, out of our pocket, then submitting them for re-imbusement in a trip pack envelope. This caused you to be re-imbused about a week later. Absurd! The company should just open the Comdata cards for scales, and tolls should be advanced, but not taken out of a driver's pay, unless the receipt isn't turned in within a week or so. The drivers shouldn't pay for that at all.

Also, K & B will charge you for damaged equipment on the truck, it's their policy. If a side mirror shakes off, you pay for it, whether in full, or through a payment plan. Again, absurd! well, that driver was taken to the bus station along with us, but when he got to the ticket window there wasn't a ticket for him. He called K & B and they told him he was on his own. He told them he had no money and they told him to go to a homeless shelter, he wasn't their problem! Note...for any driver who gets stranded by K & B in Sioux City Iowa bus station. Across the street, on the corner is the office of Congressman Steve King. Although he's not usually there (in D.C) the District Representative, Sandy Hanlon is usually there. We spoke with her and filled out Affidavits regarding K & B. She calle them and eventually they issued a bus ticket to that driver.

I've formally requested Congressional intervention regarding K & B Transportation and the way they treat their drivers and subject the constituents of every Congress person with dangerous policies that affect the motoring public. I believe, in the name of public safety, that Congressional intervention is needed, along with a a FULL audit by the U.S. Department of Transportation of the copmany and its policies. logs should be checked against any and all means including scales, fuel stops, ports of entry, sensors, receipts, electronic monitoring via Qualcomm as to vehicle location and if moving or still. Something needs to be done to this company as every man, woman and child is at risk in all 48 states where there is a K & B Transportation truck and driver on the road. I hope people are listening before its too late.
Complaint comments Comments (25)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Employers

Comments

N  2nd of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
I just got a call from them and we'll I don't: and won't work for any company that treats drivers like animals.
To you weasels that have come up hear to defend the actions of this company need to be in jail right next to the owner of this company.
How dare you tell professional drivers they are somehow weak etc for running legal and safe?
It is you few drivers that have destroyed this industry with your outlaw attitudes that have gotten people murdered on our highways but the government got a trick for ya old ###'s and they aren't playing around this time!
We don't have enough rest areas and so I don't agree with some parts of the law but after reading some of the garbage a few have posted I'm kinda glad they are going to take a few licenses out the pockets of some of you criminals!
To you big mouths I have 20 years accident free because I stuck close to the law most times and the times I did bend the rules you can bet ya bottom dollar I made up for those hot loads by demanding extra rest afterwards and I knew it would hit em in the pocket and so they didn't play that game with me too many times.
Some of you drivers are sick in the head and when these new elogs are shoved down ya throats I wanna see how much you brag about how much money you make and how bad you really are after you get that first elog ticket!
N  31st of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Oh my never have I seen more whining about working and running a truck before. I wish I could complain about my last employer like all y'all Whiney Nubes have here about K&b. On the way to orientation starts nov2nd. Can't wait to finally work for a company were I won't sit during a week long enough to take two 34hr resets on a single load. Like The real t jackets have stated shut it no go cry baby it up at McDonald's and try and get 15$ an hour flipping burgers. We are cut from a different clothe u and I. If I'm not workin I'm not liven not y'all who aren't liven if your workin.
N  31st of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I've worked for good and bad companies, trucking's a very serious demanding profession. My concern for all "US" hard working Americans and their families pertains to the extremely important subject: "Where's the Birth Certificate?" of the individual that is employed in the position as our "U.S. President"... Barack Hussein Obama (the "Hussein" part of the name reminds me of "Saddam Hussein"!)... or is his name Barry Soetoro... Harrison J. Bounel? !!! If we're all going to put the time & energy out commenting about various trucking companies and the sometimes negative scenarios that occur, and believe me I do understand by my own personal trucking career experiences, I'd rather voice a much higher concern about whether Barry Soetoro, or whatever his true identity may be... if he legally qualifies to be in the position of "The President Of The United States Of America"? !! It's usually quite a process becoming employed as a Commercial Truck Driver such as filling out page upon page... of Driver Application, and jumping through all the hoops to get hired so you can run hard to support our families and try to keep our nation's economy strong in present day world conditions, but shouldn't a person seeking to be employed in such a high position also be required to provide adequate documentation to verify their identity and citizenship status? Why won't he authorize the opening of his personal records... what's he hiding? It's not too late for "We The People Of The United States Of America" to make Demand from our U.S. Congress... State Representatives, etc. to force this personage to reveal himself to all American citizens! ***Is He A "Natural Born" Citizen Of The United States Of America?!!! Referring to:" www.barrysoetoro.me/uncategorized/very-quietly-obamas-citizenship". The issue can be resolved by Obama answering one simple question: What passport did he use when he was shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi? So how did a young man who arrived in New York in early June 1981, without the price of a hotel room in his pocket, suddenly come up with the price of a round-the-world trip just a month later? And once he was on a plane, shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi, what passport was he offering when he passed through Customs and Immigration? The American people not only deserve to have answers to these questions, they must have answers. It makes the debate over Obama's citizenship a rather short and simple one. Q: Did he travel to Pakistan in 1981, at age 20? A: Yes, by his own admission. Q: What passport did he travel under? A: There are only three possibilities. 1) He traveled with a U.S. passport, 2)He traveled with a British passport, or 3) He traveled with an Indonesian passport. Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. passport in 1981? A: No. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S. ...State Department's "no travel" list in 1981. Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a British passport or an Indonesian passport. If he were traveling with a British passport that would provide proof that he was born in Kenya on August 4, 1961, not in Hawaii as he claims. And if he were traveling with an Indonesian passport that would tend to prove that he relinquished whatever previous citizenship he held, British or American, prior to being adopted by his Indonesian step-father in 1967. Whatever the truth of the matter, the American people need to know how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen between 1981 and 2008.
A  25th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Everything that's been described from all drivers is true. I went through all the same scenarios! I really do not understand how their still in business! They give the trucking industry a bad name! To any drivers checking out reviews of this bottom of the barrel company trust me and look for a good long term opportunity elsewhere! The people making derogatory remarks towards us on this site are dispatchers, managers, or recruiters from K&B. I never met any drivers there that had anything good to say about the company!
A  19th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hummmm I've been around trucks my whole life in one way shape form or fashion. I am right now at this minute trying to turn my truck in so I can get far, far away from K&B. This company for the most part is a joke. Yes the guarantee is there but it is not used for what it is meant for unless every week driving for K&B is a bad week. This by the way has been my experience with K&B. I walked in 6 months ago thinking yeah this will be good. Things get slow I can still at least break even with the guarantee. The easily make more is what caught my attention and typically with refridgerated frieght that would be the case only not here. You will sit anywhere from 24 to 48 hours at a time waiting to either load or unload then your expected to run with no sleep. Since I have been there, there have been a number of accidents involving fatigued driving and just recently a driver was put out of service for being a fatigued driver. Safety will not buck the sytem and support the drivers, the Fleet managers don't care and the planners well there a piece of work all their own. I hired on to drive over the road I will not ever run regional or local for anyone there is just no money it. Yet every single time I came out off home time it's 16 to 1800 miles east to run local and regional around Chicago. 2 maybe 300 miles then sit and wait again. only to run another 2 maybe 300 miles and repeat. I told them when I came home this time I din't know whether I'd be coming back out or not, I made my decision this morning after recieving a load for Baltimore Maryland anyone that knows the area knows that from Pennsylvania to Maryland is all toll roads and with K&B your gonna pay them cash and have to wait for your money back. To me this is just not good business it takes away from the driver and his/her family. K&B doesn't care. The driver and his/her family is the last thing they are worried about.
N  25th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I've called this outfit a few times about possibly driving for them and both times was cut short and not very nice over the phone. They seem to have a real attitude towards you right away and if you ask too many questions they cut you off and become indignant!!! Big turnoff to say the least and their bad reputation fits them very well! I've heard Tyson has bailed them out many times and really surprised to see them getting all these new trucks and continue to operate. Very rude and indignant people as far as I'm concerned!
D  21st of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Funny how whining always finds a ear to land on. I worked for K & B and cannot say that they misled me nor did they ever attempt to have me alter my logs or cheat on any loads. They were more than fair on pay, went out of their way to accommodate the driver and took care of me when I needed any changes. Sure they are a trucking company, and had me transfer loads and at times had to wake up early or just be a truck driver. If you have issues with K & B you will never drive any where else either. The program for a set daily wage is a more than excellent deal, and again the drivers who cannot understand that should just go to McDonald's.

If you did not enjoy over the road they had regional runs and even have local day cab driver opportunities, so go figure about why people make up stories or whine..Just go grab some cheese and enjoy your whining. K and B was honest, fair and pays better than most. Newer trucks, great reefer units and fair dispatch. Take a good look at them before you make up your mind.
A  22nd of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
K and B Transportation uses scare tactics and intimidation. I was at the truck stop once 5 hours early for a delivery. I stopped at a truck stop two miles away from the terminal for a shower and a meal. The fleet manager comes by paging me in the movie room while I was waiting for a shower. After 10 min., comes back in to the movie room asking for me by name stating my truck number. After the second time, I wait a few minutes then get up and go out to my truck to find the fleet manager standing on the tire looking in my bunk vent. I go around from the rear trailer side and see him shutting my driver side door. He is getting ready to leave, sees me and then approaches me in a hostile manner yelling at me about what am I doing over here 5 hours early. He is ranting and raving about how I should have dropped the load early and got another load. Hell, I just wanted a hot shower and a hot meal.What is so wrong about that ???
After I complained and told them I would contact the Labor Dept. I was transferred to a different fleet manager. This guy sounded better but he tried to work me more hours than I was getting paid for. Then after doing the math I told him I might THINK about moving from being dedicated to going over the road once they could give me more information. The next thing I know he has me scheduled to start over the road. I told him no I was just considering it. Then he told me it was already done. I said no that's ok, I'll just turn my truck in.Then they got angry and just told me to take the truck to the mechanic shop and clean it out. I did, I turned my truck in, cleaned it out. They ended up charging me $400 out of my last check for airfare and cab ride for someone else to come and get the truck. My last check ended up to be for $40, minimum wage for the week. ALSO, they left me there at the mechanic shop four miles away from a truck stop with my bags. There I was, just me and my bags.
A  22nd of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I worked for K & B from 2007 to 2009 and was finally terminated because I got 2 moving violations in 1 month. I was given a 2400 mile run to do in 3 days with 2 stops in Georgia and one in Florida which originated from a Tyson Plant in Omaha, Ne. Needless to say I, like always was encouraged to "fix" my logs to make a "legal" delivery and they even routed me around weigh stations to avoid inspections. But guess what...I was so fatigued by the second day I didn't even see the highway patrol officer as I passed him doing 70 in a 55 near Chattanooga, TN. That was my first tkt and the very next day the same thing happened in Florida...which ended my carreer with K & B. For 2 yrs they ran me ragged and it was always a pain to get time off in Tx. That company should not even be in existence. They blatantly violate all DOT regulations and I'm surprised they get away with it. Seems like the DOT is looking at the driver and not the company. Yes, the driver is responsible for logging correctly but in an economy where day to day survival is becoming more and more difficult drivers are oftentimes forced into compromising situations just to keep their jobs. Is there anyone out there who recognizes the plight of professional truck drivers who are operating in a cesspool of cut-throat companies like K & B.
A  22nd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
K&B hmmmm! My experience with Trucking Companies is a lifelong progression, from several Uncles to my Husband. The Trucking Industry is for Men & Women who love the way of the Truckers life. But when a Trucking Company takes advantage of there Drivers it's a different story. K & B has abused my Husband in so many ways and until I went in the truck with him did I completely understand what he was going through. I was with for a month so I was able to get a pretty good picture of what they were doing to him.
Being sleep deprived is an understatement, he would continually have loads given to him, and then have them taken away so another Driver could get the miles. Or he would get the load so he could deliver it with most of the miles already ran off. When you run 100 to 300 miles constantly day after day, hour after hour, week after week it gets really hard on your body. You can't get a good nights sleep, or even a 10 hour break. Hmmm! 10 hour breaks, You are required by law to get a 10 hour break every day, but with K & B your break is continually interrupted by the Dispatchers. Dispatchers are wanting temperature checks every 2 hours, and if you are going to make your delivery on time. My Husband has over 1 million miles under his belt, I do believe he is very capable of doing his job. That's why they hired him! There's no reason in the world to constantly interrupt a Driver while on his 10 Break. Dispatchers also tell him how to log every run he does, so it is to there advantage. It has and always has been the Law that the Driver is responsible for his log book.
It really was over for me when while I was in the truck with him. I have never been one to make added stops or long stops, because that's not his job and i don't want to be responsible for any delays. But it came to a head when we were on a run and had plenty of time to get there, and we were told that we were unable to stop for anything! So he asked what about using the restroom, they said you are not to stop for ANYTHING! That's when I lost all respect for K & B! How would a Dispatcher like to sit at his desk for his entire shift and not be able to move for any reason! No lunch, no restroom, and how would the Dispatchers like to go to bed at night and be woke up every 2 hours for what ever reason. So I have no respect for K & B, there company, there Dispatchers, there owners, NOTHING!
K & B needs to investigated by what ever means that they can use. Including Logs, QualComm, GPS Locators, Shipping & Receiving records, & most importanlty the Drivers and there Families. Without the retaliation against them. It's not the Drivers causing the problems it's the Company, and the sad thing is that the owners know it.
D  20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID "WHEN DELT LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE!" i WORLED FOR k&b FROM 05 TO 09 IN THE ATHENS, GA FLEET. HOME EVERY DAY, HAULED PILGRIMS PRIDE CHICKEN, GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH DISPATCH AND PEOPLE IN SOUIX CITY. LOVED IT. ONLY REASON NOT THERE NOW BECAUSE OF SPEEDING TICKET. MY FAULT NOT THERES. WILL BE RETURNING OCTOBER 2011. YEA I KNOW THERE ISSUES IN EVERY TRUCKING COMPANY OUT THERE, BUT LOT OF THE ### IS BROUGHT ON BY THE DRIVER THEMSELVES. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, SOME PEOPLE ARE CUT OUT TO BE TRUCKERS, AND SOME SUCKED THEIR MOTHERS TITTY TO DAMN LONG IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN! K&B WORKED FOR ME, I WAS HAPPY, AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. JUST LIKE SWIFT AND SCHNIEDER WORKS FOR OTHERS. BUT PLEASE PEOPLE, KEEP ALL THE CRYING TO URSELVES. K&B IS A BUSINESS, THEY ARE NOT OUT TO DESTROY UR HOPES AND DREAMS AS SOME U MAKE IT SOUND. THERES 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY. MAYBE IF SOME OF U TOLD EVERYTHING WHEN U GOT ON HERE RAMPING AND RAVING, WE WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY U REALLLY DIDNT MAKE IT WITH K&B OR THE 50 OTHER COMPANIES THAT WERE OUT TO GET U. MY NAME IS COREY JACKSON AKA "SUPERFLY". LOOK FOR ME TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR SOMEWHERE AROUND NORTH GEORGIA AND U WILL SEE A HAPPY K&B DRIVER MAKING MONEY AND ENJOYING LIFE. DEUCES!
N  4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Oh yes, I forgot, I constantly covered up the Qualiquam Satalite. Very important to make false log entries match actual location. Direct Transit Baby! 1993-1997 R.I.P.
N  4th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
This sounds like the perfect co. for me! I worked for Direct Transit Inc for 5 years, ran 195 thousand mi. a year, 5 log books going ALL the time, going around Chicken houses when open, Lie to every D.O.T cop, sounds like old school!!! How do I sign up?? Mark *ESKIMO* Darling. NYC, NY.
D  27th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I will completely aggree with Crazy Arcad..you all are the biggest solar powered pussies on any road in the world! You all need to get off the road and go work for McDonalds...PLEASE. Trucking is not for babies. It is for men..real men. (my wife agrees...you are pussies!) Never in my entire trucking career which by the way stands at all forty-nine states and over four million miles under my belt, have I ever heard such BS! K&B is a good company, there are many good trucking companies out there, but you cant handle the good ones, so get off the road. If you are truckdrivers, I am ashamed to be one. I do not want to be put in the same catorgory as you steering wheel holding swifties. I hope I never come across your whining [censor], unfortunaltly I end up meeting your [censor], sitting at truck stops, with your expanding [censor], complaining and all on the ten hour breaks that are so important to you. Get a job...someplace else.
A  16th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
As for that 41 year veteran, some professioal you are .The comments you made were that of a person who is far from being a perfessional.To use names to put other people down sounds like your part of management.I was sent home with 2 other guys saying that they brought to many people in.Come to find out all three of us had A previous history of high blood pressure.Mine has been stable at around 120 over 74 wich is perfect for the last 5 years.I am now in much better shape after losing weight that 3/4 on the road today.Unless it was just a coincedense, sounds like a little desrimination to me. I never got into the orientation room before i was sent packin with no ticket. If nothing else csa 2010 will put them out of business.
N  20th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I will have to disagree with every single one of you whiny babies crying that K & B is so bad. I worked for them, and enjoyed every minute of it. And further more, I never had to falsify my log book to complete a run. I always made my deliveries on time. This is by far the best company I ever worked for. They are honest and upfront about what is expected, though 90% of the loads were run at night, that much i will agree on. So what! Grow some balls! Or are you all solar powered pussies that are afraid of the dark? Life as a truck driver is not easy. It's not the walk in the park that you were promised in driving school or at Swift (or the like).
Sure this company runs you hard, but when your running your making money. Whats the problem? Some people are not cut out for this business. and it's obvious to me, that all of you -1 (j.wymer) fall into that category. Quit crying, and go work for Covenant or Werner. And leave the real driving to the ones that are cut out for it. In this world where binary indicates success or fail, you are all 0's.

On last thing, if your boyfriend has an entry on his DAC report that he refused a drug screen/ or failed a drug screen. Then he refused / failed a drug screen. Period. End of story. Thanks for calling.
D  28th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
AS for the driver that had 41 years of experience ( j.wymer) why would anybody work for kb ? There are many companies that pay quite a bit more and have decent benefits and good equipment . I'm guessing your driving record is'nt as perfect as you say or your one of the kb management pretending to be a driver .
N  26th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
To all that worked for k&b this is the worse co. to work for!!! everything that is said in all commemts is soooooooo true!!! what is it going to take a bunch of drivers to die, before they get shut down!!! something needs to be done with this co, they put on my boyfriends dac who has been a truck driver for 15 yrs after he quit working for them from same problems, that he failed to contact which means he failed a drug test or refused one which is not true, because of this he is being shot down for any jobs, i pray that this co will get shut down, to all drivers keep the comments coming about this co, and lets hope we can read that one day they will be closed forever!!!
N  22nd of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
jw wymer...if you chose to take their abuse...your choice. Most of us choose to stay legal and tell companies like K & B to drop off.
A  11th of Apr, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I worked for K&B for about a year back in 1999 and 2000. For the first 4 or 5 months I never had any issues with them because I liked the runs I had. I live on the East coast and was told that they would have no problem getting me home because they had freight going that way all the time. I made it home twice in the first four months which was fine because I was on a pretty steady run from Iowa, Colorado Oklahoma and Texas and I liked to run. After 15 years of driving trucks I learned to not expect to be home more than once a month if not once every month and a half. The trouble started about a year with them when I needed to get home from Texas because of a family emergency and was told there where no drivers to relay the load with or that there was no freight going that way.

I tried to get them to find me something heading in a north eastern route or find a driver to take the load I had just picked up in Amarillo, TX. so I could fly home. After hours of arguing I was told to take my load to Houston, TX (600+ miles) and meet a driver there that would take the load and deliver it back in Dallas the next day. This meant I would pass by where the load delivered by 200+ miles so someone else could drive it back and deliver it. I was told I would have to drive straight through and they would have a load waiting for me with the other driver that would take me into Ohio and then I could dead head home from there. This seemed a bit stupid to me because it made more scene for him to just meet me in Dallas... but I was told this was how it needed to be done

I drove the 600+ miles from Amarillo to Houston and met the driver. He had no load going north, instead he had a load that delivered in Houston the next day. He said they told him a load was coming in that he had to get to Dallas and deliver (load was originally a "shuttle" run) and when he delivered it they would get him home for his week-end off in Indianapolis. This set me off and started a chain of events the led up to me telling them they either got me home, got me to the yard so I could catch a plane or I was going to clean out my truck where it sat and they could come and get it.

I was told there was an empty trailer there and I had to dead head back to Amarillo, pick up a load that was scheduled to come out the next night and bring it north towards the yard. I told them there was no way I was going to be able to do another turn of 600+ miles and pick up a load and start heading north. I was told that "I was the one who needed to get home" and that "I was the one that was making things difficult and they where doing everything they could to get me home". I told them to keep a real close eye on the Qualcomm that my truck was heading for the terminal. By the time I hit Dallas/Fort Worth I had 10 messages waiting on my Qualcomm and finally the head guy called my cell and told me to stop just outside Fort Worth, pick up a load from a driver and bring it straight to the yard.

When I got to the yard I already had all my stuff packed, I dropped the trailer, turned in my bills, called a cab and got on plane and flew home. I never saw my last check which was no surprise...

And to j.wymer, your one of those regional drivers that are listed on the board as "the special group" aren't you? You sure as hell sound like it... Glad your retiring, old grump farts like you don't need to be on the road anyways.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree