JVC GZ-MG330R / Scam Fraud & Deception - Beware!

1 325 E. 89th StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-849-0903

Beware! Although I read the complaints on this site, I decided to give a try for myself to make sure. I saw a JVC GZ-MG330R hard disk camcorder advertised on CameraAddict's site for $261. I then called them to verify that 1. It was a USA market camera 2. It came with all the factory supplied accessories and 3. There were no additional shipping/handling charges. The customer service rep assured me that everything was fine. After thinking it over for a couple hours I placed my order through their website. Later that day, a Camera Addict salesman called me to "verify my shipping address". After verifying my address, I asked the same questions I had asked earlier. He then tried to sell me an extra battery, camera bag, etc. which I politely refused. Then as he was wrapping up the call, he mentioned the menu options on the camera are only in Japanese and if I wanted one in English it would cost an additional $130. He rationalized this by saying it was still a good deal and that I wouldn't be paying sales tax. I told him to cancel my order. He then told me "I guess you don't like to save money" and "this is a great deal". I told him once again to cancel my order. I had to tell him at least 4 times before he finally gave in and cancelled my order. This site/store is dishonest and their sales practices are fraudulent. Avoid them!!!

Ji

Comments

• Ji
      30th of Oct, 2008