juva skin and laser dr. bruce katz / lipo deformity

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

dr katz butchered my once beautiful legs! he is NOT qualified to perform liposuction of any kind! my legs are ruined for LIFE HE SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE OF ANY KIND!

Mm

Comments

• Gr
      12th of Dec, 2008

I was ALSO injured by this horrible "doctor" who runs a little shop of terrifying laser horrors.
    He burnt my beautiful face after I had told him that I am an actor and I cannot have any aggressive treatments. He outright lied and told me that I would have no bruising, etc., when he used a non-ablative laser.
    The laser was so painful and he ignored my pleas to just stop.
    He kept going and it turns out that he was using the wrong laser and a too high frequency AND he used the Smoothbeam and the V beam together at the same time when this is NOT what the manufacturer was approved for!
    I contacted the manufacturer when I saw that my face was burnt with red, inflamed skin that lasted for more than 2 years!!
    The manufacturer stated that they were not approved for the use of both devices at the same time. And when I visited other doctors who use these lasers, they gasped at the fact that both lasers were used simultaneously and they shook their heads in disagreement that these particular lasers were used at all on my delicate skin.
    All consumers must beware.
    This JUVA medi-spa is all about the money.
    There is no time taken to actually look at the whole patient to see if they are right for any particular procedure. Saying "no" to a procedure that might cause a consumer any harm is actually the job of a good Doctor!!
    This guy is a hack job and a con man. He goes into deep denial of anything
    you call him on and pretends as though you are the only patient who has ever had a complaint against him.
    This is totally false, and he uses such intimidation and denial tactics to confuse his victims.
    This is Assault and Battery. No question.
    It is all about the money.

8th of Mar, 2009

Sounds like a posted complaint from one of the doctor's competitors.

• El
      9th of Jul, 2009

What a ridiculous diatribe against one of the best doctors in New York!

11th of Apr, 2011

Dr. Bruce Katz typically runs very behind with his appointments and will rush you out especially when he has surgery as the next appoinment. He is very unethical and only cares about money not the quality of service he provides! He will purposely split up an office appointment into two or three appoinments that can really be done in one appointment so he can bill out for 3 appointments AND 3 copays. Then when questioned he acts stupid. What a [censor]! Go back to school you [censor]! Its doctors like you that have become so greedy and have ruined it for everyone else!

• Ay
      24th of Jan, 2014

Have you found, as I have, that Juva Skin & Laser and Dr Bruce Katz, try to increase ones bill by saying that more product was used that one requested? What makes this more devious is that they will claim that the charges are from a previous session that was not billed or was not billed fully. Please comment if this has happened to you.