[Resolved] JustAnswer / charging unauthorised fees to my credit card

1 e-mail: jimclaffey@graduate.uwa.edu.auPerth Metro Area, Western Australia, Australia

In July I requested the answer to a question related to problems with my computer from JustAnswer.
The agreed fee was $22 for the answer provided. Since that time this company has been removing the same amount from my credit card account at the beginning of each month without my Authority. (To which a further tax amount of $0.66 is added)
I will be demanding an answer from them by e-mail with a please explain request and a further request for the unuthorised withdrawal amounts to be refunded. The follow up will be to pursue legal advice and to place a notification on the internet concerning this scam.
In the meantime I would appreciate your advice as to how an immedite STOP PAYMENT order can be place with the relevant bank with which I have the credit card account.
My e-mail address is : jimclaffey@graduate.uwa.edu.au

• Resolution statement

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Dec 16, 2010

Dear Jim,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

- Adam