Just Property / rental agency treated us unfairly and did not follow procedure.

1 Cape Town, South Africa Review updated:

We have leased a property in Royal Ascot from Just Property and experienced issues from day one. I wont go into great detail as this is a whole other issue.

My big concern is the following:

Upon our outgoing inspection, all 3 tenants and agent was present on 29 January at 09h00 to go through the property in great detail and all was in order except we needed to clean the property properly (This was our mistake as we thought there was an automatic cleaning fee added) Nonetheless we agreed to have it cleaned by the agent and we paid R1800 for the clean and fumigation. We then signed the inspection off and was complimented on the state of the property. This was completed at 11h00 on the same day.

Then on 06 February the agent emailed and said that the owner inspected the property himself and had a long list of issues.

None of these issues that he listed was mentioned in the outgoing inspection that was signed off with the managing agent and we are now held accountable after numerous days after our official departure.

Our lease even stated that the landlord/agent and tenant must JOINTLY inspect the property for any damages. This was done with agent and signed off. How can they now send me a list of issues? (Mostly all ridiculous requests).

Now, officially 3 weeks after our departure and signed off inspection the issues are still not resolved and we have not yet received our deposit back and we are still fighting costs that have been added long after our outgoing signed off inspection

This is in breach of our contract and a direct infringement of my right as a tenant.

I need your assistance in resolving this matter and for justice to be served.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Re
Feb 21, 2018

Comments

• Zi
      26th of Mar, 2018

Just property in alberton Johannesburg agent is Nonhlanhla Moeketse treated us unfairly and took our money and failed to give place to stay on time and she doesn't want to pay back our money as Gauteng Rental housing Tribunal ordered them to pay us back R15000 not later than 28/92/2018.