Just Fabulous / money-hungry, rude company!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This site is a nightmare! I have been a member of shoedazzle for a year now, and they are 1000x better than jf! I swore I canceled my account with jf prior to a new showroom release, but then I saw a charge from them for $39.95. I tried calling, but good luck ever getting through! I waited 18 minutes once before just giving up. The live chat is almost never available and they just give you automated messages and barely help the problem. Credits aren't transferable, so I couldn't give it to someone. So I had to buy something or forfeit my $39.95 turned credit. I bought a purse & I hate it! It smells like fish bait, it's uglier in person, but I won't be returning it because I don't want to deal with the customer service. I called today to cancel and the lady would simply not let me. She went on and on about the october showrooms & how i'm "totally going to like it". She offered me a 25% off discount. After her rant of trying to convince me to stay, she never mentioned the discount again. When I asked a question about "how to use it" there was a long pause and was like "um what? Your phone is breaking up." no it wasn't, you just want to sucker me into staying & completely rip me off. She then proceeded to say that i'll have to call in on monday with my order to use the 25% off. That's stupid - the new rooms come out on saturday... And if I do "happen" to like something, it'll probably be gone in my size. I'm going to call monday regardless to cancel my account. I would never recommend this site to anyone - it's not worth the aggravation. Customer service is horrible! They don't answer, and when they do, the problem isn't solved. Take your business to shoedazzle! It's so much better.

Comments

• Ak
      6th of Nov, 2011

JUST FABULOUS IS A COMPLETE SCAM I had no idea that Just Fabulous was charging my CC every month until I finally got my back statement. I purchased 2 pairs of shoes in Aug 11, the day I received them I was really disappointed. There shoes are very wide and the sizes vary. I returned them the very next day. I waited for three weeks and decided to purchase 2 pairs for a friend with my "credits" on the return. I was shocked to find out that I had no credits.
    I called the "customer service rep who over talked me, then put me on hold for over 18 minutes. When she finally came back her answer was "we have been way too busy to put your credits on, and you have been charged for the shoes you just ordered" I explained when I returned the shoes and again she over talked me and was very Very rude!! I asked to speak with a supervisor, she put me back on hold for 15 minutes Then had the nerve to say, we are now closed and you have to call back again!! I have sent several emails to customer service and called leaving messages for a supervisor to contact me. We are now into November and I still have NO CREDITS, and even after telling them they have No permission to charge my card, they still are and I have no return calls or emails from them!! How can I stop this SCAM??? Allison K

• Al
      8th of Nov, 2011

contact your bank, dispute the charges and close you credit card account. I feel your pain, I went through the same thing.

• Kh
      25th of Nov, 2011

I purchased 2 pairs of shoes from Just Fab in October. One pair was great. The other ran small, so I returned it. I was excited about ordering more shoes in the future, so rather than a refund, I opted for a store credit, rather than a refund to my credit card. However, today I was looking at my credit card statement I noticed that they had charged me again. When I called they let me know that they automatically charge you for a pair of shoes each month and that you can "opt out" each month. They were quick to credit the charge, but when I told them to close the account to avoid future automatic charges, they told me that it would mean I could not use my store credit on an inactive account and that I would have to call them rather than using the website to use it. So, I told her to just deduct the restocking fee and credit the rest back to my credit card. She said they couldn't do it. When I asked for a manager, she told me a manager would tell me the same thing. When I persisted she put me on hold, but then came back to tell me that there was not a supervisor available. I told her that I was not going to just accept that and that I needed a manager to call me back. Then miraculously she put me on hold and got a manager, who eventually issued the credit as I asked and closed the account. Horrible business practices. By the way I am a person who usually catches things in the fine print. I'm not sure where they tell you about the automatic monthly charge, but it must have been very, very fine print. Stay away from just fabulous!

• Pu
      10th of Feb, 2012

It's mostly true about the shoes you would really like conveniently not being available in your size which they know because of the little survey you filled out and their selection is limited but I have ordered a pair that felt like I still had the sneakers on I had previously removed. SOOOO comfortable!!! I can't see them not lasting long because I don't wear the same pair of shoes over and over so as to wear them out so fast whether they are crappily made or not.
    If they were as bad as the numerous complaints I have read, mostly the same thing over and over, then I don't see how they would still be in business if everyone is closing their CC account or bank account in order to avoid being charged.
    I just ordered and received the first pair on the 5th and received on the 9th so there shouldn't be any reason why my month would start until the 1st thru the 5th of next month but I keep a close eye on my back account and will see if and when charges do or don't start happening.
    Mostly tho, I am curious to know why a company for women to have shoes would offer a free gift of a sort of trashy men's magazine---MAXIM??? Rather humorous if nothing else.

14th of Feb, 2012

I joined a year ago and after providing extensive feedback about my preferences, rating shoe choices etc. they still don't provide very many options I like so since it was becoming a headache to remember to skip every month I wanted to cancel. They won't let you cancel online; you have to call their customer service # where the customer service rep will try overly hard to convince you to stay. The lady I spoke to, "Jessica" kept asking if I'd "really" given feedback so they'd know what I wanted, and I said if they don't know after a year's worth of feedback they never will. She asked if I'd ever asked for more selections and I said yes, but I'd learned that they still charge you $$ even if you don't like what they offered and ask for more choices, so I'd learned to just skip. I was nice at first, saying 'look, I don't want to argue, providing more and more feedback is just another chore I don't have time for, I just want to cancel. Please cancel my account". She CONTINUED to argue with me and talk over me. It was pathetic actually; you'd think I was their only customer. After she started rehashing the same arguments I'd already answered, I said "Look, please cancel my account or I'm going to report this company to the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania...I just want to cancel, that's it". Well that shut her up and she was most helpful after that, so I recommend threatening to call the AG's office of your state (I would have too, I deal with them all the time through my job). I will say the couple pairs of shoes I bought from them were excellent quality and fit, it's just that they are a hassle to deal with. Now I guess I'll find out if "Jessica' really cancelled my account or not.

• Pu
      29th of Jan, 2013

I still am with them and have amassed I think 5 pairs and have only had to call them once with this last New Years special they had with which I chose a pair of boots that are such a total PITA to get on (the cuff is just made too tight for probably 90% of women who have NORMAL sized calves) and in struggling to get them on and my pants tucked in good just to wear them in the house to break them in, managed to have half of the glued on decoration begin coming apart and/or loose.
    Upon reaching their call line, was told that they could not change them out because it was a 2fer special and they had to way to put a price on an otherwise free pair. I wasn't going to bother arguing because she is technically right.

• Da
      9th of May, 2013

I ordered a pair of shoes for their special $19.99 no shipping. I received a charge the next month for $39.95 when I called to ask about the charge she answered I had been upgraded to a VIP membership. I never asked for a VIP membership and I don't want one. It took me 7 calls to get someone who does not speak very much english on the line and when i asked for a manger the manager sounded just like the prevous person I was on the phone with. I had to dancel my debit card because not once did she agree to cancel my account. BTW the shoes don't fit and the color is faded.