Just Brakes / Stay away!

Just Brakes in Lakeland, went there 4 Feb 09. 2 customers in the office had been there for 3 hours, bills were up to $1000.00 and $600.00. My GMC truck needed pads and the rotors turned. Within 5 minutes the bleed valve on my right calliper was discovered to be broken and leaking...wait it is not leaking the mechanic's wrench had fluid on it, but the valve head was gone and since one calliper needed to be replace the other side needed one also. The $99s were now close to $500, I left with the truck.

Da

Comments

•   Jun 18, 2008
    Just Brakes - Just a scam
    www.justbrakes.com

I took my car in and Just Brakes takes it all apart. Then tell me, "Oh, you'll have to leave your car here because we don't carry your brake pads, and those pads will cost you $300". Can you believe that? So I call Auto Zone and they it costs 25-40 bucks for the front and back. They tried to charge me almost triple the cost! Then they took 2 hours to put my car together. They even broke my brake sensor on the front brake! This business is ridiculous. It seems you can't trust anyone.

•   Jun 20, 2008
    Just Brakes - What a scam
    www.justbrakes.com

1998 Durango $750.00 the first time one year later another $325.00. What a scam. The first time I almost had the entire brake system overhauled. I heard a little squeaking noise, took it back to Just Brakes and they told me that they had to replace some of the same parts that were put in less than 10, 000 miles ago and I would have to pay the labour. If I paid the labour to put the inadequate or defective part in why should I have to pay for the same labour for a part that should not need to be replaced.

Dec 16, 2008
    Just Brakes - Bate and switch
    VIP/Shorlyne
    Lakland
    Florida

Today I took my vehicle to "Just Brakes" for their $99 special offer. I admit I knew that my rear brakes were in need of attention and was willing to pay some extra to have the matter attended to.
    After all the wheels are off then the "danger" spiel is invoked and figures for fixing the potential hazard are spewed out like an election stump speech. Five hours later and $370 poorer the car is road tested????????? AND the front brakes were not attended to at all!
    I was not the only person there entrapped by this $99 special. In fact NO customer that came in for it got it!!!
    Another young man who waited even longer and who had just lost his job but was putting safety ahead of a trip home for Christmas ( he had just 66, 000 on the car but said he had a squeak) was taken for $265 and was "out of his mind" as to what his wife would do when he told her their $1000 until unemployment compensation came through was now $265 shorter!
    This company needs to evaluate its business model as there are only so many people who can get taken without the word getting around.

Jan 23, 2009
    Just Brakes - Unauthorized charges
    justbrakes.com

STAY WELL AWAY... my husband was quoted $99, then once they took the car apart was told it would be more like $650.. when my husband refused this they said that it would be a problem to put it together again.. my husband made the mistake of negotiating with them down to $330; only for us to return 5 hours later and get a bill for $454... when my husband argued with them the fact that they had quoted him $330 upon agreeing to have the work done they called him a liar and showed him some paperwork that he had signed that had not actually had the price displayed there upon doing so... bottom line is that this is a big big con... STAY AWAY.. you will get ripped off and robbed off your hard earned cash... they commit fraud and are cheats and liars.. will be reporting them to the BBB as well

I've also been checking the net for similar complaints, as it seems this company is flooded with them... how do these people stay in business? Surely consumers should be better protected and be able to do more about this sort of thing!!

• Du
      Feb 06, 2009

I had a similar experience. What a rip off.

• Si
      Sep 18, 2009
    Just Brakes - Scam and cheating
    justbrakes.com

My wife's SUV seemed to pull to the right and had a shimmy when at 70 mph. We had suspected, due to mileage, that our brakes needed repair, so we got advice from my elder brother that "Just Brakes" specialized in well...just brakes. He reasoned that that alone made them a good choice for our repairs and they advertized a set price for the front and rear brakes. So we set an appointment. We took in a movie while the vehicle was checked out. When we returned there was a customer at the counter really mad that the repair bill was allot more than advertized. We waited and when it was our turn we were informed that our repairs needed would run almost $600! We asked what we owed at that time and were told nothing, so we politely went our way. The following day we went to the dealership where we purchased and were told our front end needed alignment and it would cost around $100. Everything else was A-OK they said. I advise that customers of "Just Brakes" get a second opinion before allowing them to proceed.

• Pk
      Oct 21, 2009
    Just Brakes - Terrible Services from Just Brakes
    Terrible Services from Just Brakes
    Austin
    Texas

Don’t be another victim, just don’t go Just Brakes, it was all scam.

Just Brakes ripping people off by utilizing bait & switch tactics to get people in and take apart their car so that they have no choice.
    I went to Just Brakes on 600 E. Williams Cannon Rd at Austin, TX on 9/25/2017; I got terrible experience on their service.

Basically here is what Just Brakes Company (nation wide) will do to ripped you off

(1) They will offer to put your car up on the lift and mess up the car if they can. (They broke my disc caliper pin, and then they said my pin jammed inside the caliper, and then told me I need a new disc caliper). I think they think once they have the car on the lift, then they take your brake apart, during their operation, they tried to break something if they have the chance (I was not around my car area as they were checking my car).

(2) And when you want to go somewhere, they just don’t let you go, I begged them to put back everything(brake drum, disc caliper, tires) like before, they just said “because of the safety issue, they not going to let you leave, and one of the foreman told me, if I want to take out the car, I need to get a tow truck, They removed all the tires, disc calipers, brake drum from my car, how can the tow truck tow it away. They just want to keep my car there and ripped me off.

(3) They showed me some fluid that was just under some rubber seals around the two wheels cylinders on my rear drum brake. What made me suspicious though was when they tried to tell me that 3 or 4 more brake problems came out at same time, I'm a brake mechanic several years ago, the bake system for domestic car have not change a lot since then. I know 3 or 4 more brake problem would not all be leaking in the same way. I was 99.999% sure it was all a scam... Finally I need to pay $455 for all these unnecessary part replacements (2 wheel cylinders and one disc caliper). If I just re-surface the disc rotor and replaced front brake pads at other store, it cost only $69.99 at the most. Compared with $455, it is BIG different.

If you want to know more complains on Just Brakes, please go to complaint board, I regret I know this web site too late, if anyone of you wants more details on my case, please contact me at [protected]@YAHOO.COM,

I also found a similar case on the Complaints Board as below:

• Ur
      Dec 18, 2009
    Just Brakes - Bad service
    Just Brakes

I took my 2017 Nissan Sentra to Just Brakes. I dropped it off at 10 AM. I called at 1pm and the manager said it wasnt done. he called an hour later and said the car didnt need anything, shocks, etc. were all fine. He called at 3 and said the brakes sit on a "special " boot that they do not carry and it would be an extra $50.00. I finally picked up the car at 4. 4 days later, I hear squeeking from the brakes, worse than when I took it in. I called the manager and he said they have to be broken in at least 300 miles. I said its been like 400 miles. He told me to give it another day or so and call him back if it repeats. So, after a couple more days, still squeeks, so I take it in. He changes the pads. 4 days later, still squeeks. I buy pads myself from Autozone and have a bud replcae them..no more squuek. $99.00 brake job comes out to 250.oo. Just Brakes suck

• Ta
      May 11, 2010

people in the world think that pads and rotors will fix there brakes. some people are just stupid about cars and need to do some research before they have there car worked on. when your brakes consist of over 200 parts there are other parts that do wear out. so when shops tell you that you might need other services at least listen to them explain whats wrong. also how can just brakes rip people off when we have to have your permission before we can do anymore than the 99.88. and you say we rip people off. they rip themself off by saying sure go ahead and do that. If your not happy with the service or your not sure take it to another shop and get a second oppion. Didn't your mother teach you that growing up...

Jun 07, 2010
    Just Brakes - Finding unnecessary repairs to Jack up price
    1960
    Humble
    Texas

I took my Expedition in because the brakes were grinding. They told me I Medes to replace the calipers and that I Needed new drums at the price of over $800. I had just lost my husband who always took car of car repairs and had just replaced the drums about 6 months earlier. Not knowing that much about calipers I agreed to that but not the drums. They said by LAW they couldn't let me drive out with these needed repairs. After me stating that I didn't have $800 to spend they agreed to just turn the drums, replace the calipers and brake pads for $387. A few weeks later I had my car checks by a reputable mechanic who told me that they had not put new calipers on my car. Just Brakes is the biggest rip off and they totally take advantage of people who do not know better.

• Bo
      May 01, 2014

I went there one time and I have told everyone I know to never go there as I do most of the work on my car myself and I know what things cost. I just wanted my rotors machined on the car for the right price and I only had 50000 miles on new my car. They told me that everything on my cars brake system was bad lol What a joke! All I needed was the rotors turned and I took my own brake pads to them to use. They told me they had to order special pads for my car that would be $80 instead of using the $18 ones that I brought to them to install that were semi-metallic pad with a life time warranty on them. Well I paid for their pads and the rotors being turned but not the $980 of stuff that claimed it needed. The c****y brake pads were worn out in 3 months so I put on the good pads that I had already as they last 55000 miles or more.I drove that car for 200000 more miles with out having to do the back brakes they claimed were out lol. If they were out than the parking brake wouldn't work. This place will rob you blind and should be shut down for good as they rip off everyone that comes in their doors.

• Bo
      May 01, 2014

So true that parts should last over 130000 miles and the pads for around 550000 if they are semi metallic. They put the cheapest of parts on every one's cars and over charge for the parts and lie and say everything is bad every time you go there. They should be closed down for good!

Aug 29, 2014

was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customersatisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We
    forward to serving you.

forward to serving you.

Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at [protected] to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.

Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes, our goal is to bring your car as close to new car safety specifications as possible, and will communicate the need for component repair or replacement before they become a safety issue, in accordance to MAP guidelines. We are sorry that you were not satisfied and would encourage you to contact our corporate office at [protected] if you have any further questions. We look forward to serving you the Just Brakes way in the future.