Just Brakes Snellville, GA / Really Bad Business Ethics

I know you have either come to this site to be proactive (I HOPE) or you just got "Duked" by Just Brakes and your complaint is like many of the ones on this board. You just went in for a simple brake job and Just Brakes Company came with a list of issues to fix or they tried to hustle you.

Please note... I want to know what's wrong with my car so, I can be proactive to fix the issue before it leaves me stranded but when I hear opinions from so called "Professionals" that does not seem to be legit, I begin to look further into the issue.

I went to Just Brakes for the $99.00 break special which I received. I drove off the the lot and my car's breaks were squealing loudly at every stop. I went home to wash my break pads because the break dust causes "MOST" Squealing from the brakes.

This did not totally fix the issue so, I took it back to find out what was wrong. I gave Just Brakes my wife's Cell (Which was not on their records) so, we could leave and they can call us to return when it was all done. Being my wife's number was not the original number they had to look up old records from the initial repair they had no records of the pre-inspection of my breaks.

Just Breaks Manager called me on my wife's cell and stated "Your Brake Calipers were bad and needed replacing to stop the squealing". I told the manager that it was not riding on the calipers and the calipers were fine because the car stopped fine and the brakes released fine when I let off the Brake Pedal and the only time I heard the squealing was when I was stopping.

The Just Brakes Manager went on and on about how bad my calipers were and insisted I change them. At the end of our conversation I drove back into Just Brakes to speak with the manager face to face so, we can truly understand the situation. When I finally got to the area where my car was they had a guy working frantically on putting my wheels back on the car. I asked the manager If i could see the problem he says we have already put your tires back on but you need new calipers and kept with this and the reasons why I needed to fix this issue. I said to the manager why didn't you say this the first time you inspected my breaks and the manager said this is your first time here... I gave them my cell number a their it was, my first inspection saying nothing about my calipers so, this sounded "Shady" so, I took my car to my personal mechanic in Snellville, GA and after his viewing he said I had NO, Not one issue with my calipers and the reason my breaks were squealing was because of the cheap pads Just Breaks placed on my car. After my mechanic put on new Metallic Brake Pads... No more squealing! Imagine that... Just Brakes wanted to make more money on such a simple job. No integrity and No Business ethics. Take your chance with these guys but I promise you will not be satisfied with their work.

LEARN BY LISTENING TO OTHERS AND IF NOT YOU WILL SOON BE THE HANDS ON EXPERT! Thank you all for your thoughts... I will do my research before hand from now on and I hope you will too.

Comments

• Gv
      Jul 10, 2009

We had a similar experience with Just Brakes service in Snellville about a year ago. They tried to convince me and my husband that our Honda 2006 disks are in very bad shape and need replacement. The guy said that I had only 2-3 weeks to drive before I have a big problem with my car. Of course, the repair price went from $99 for just changing the brake pads to at least $500. Fortunately, my husband realized what’s going on and refused an offer. A year later, I didn’t have any issue with my car as Just Brakes professionals were predicting and glad that we didn’t change Honda original disks to some cheap disks that would have been installed.

• Pl
      Jul 22, 2010

My mother took her car four year old car to this location and was told that there were major problems (calipers, leak in the back cylinders rotors, etc) with her entire brake system. The estimate was nearly $800.00. She called me upset and I instructed her to have them put the car back together and take it somewhere else. After having another inspection done, it was determined that there is nothing wrong with her brakes... including the fact that she has another 3000 miles or so before the pads even need to be replaced.

• Sv
      Oct 11, 2010
    Just Brakes - Roadside bandits
    Just Brakes

I went to just brakes on thousand oaks for there 99.00 dollar special wow 975.00 dollars later i couldnt belive it ...well as i was waiting for my advisor to tell me about my brakes i notice that there was another shop near by kwik kar ... I decided to get a second opinion so i stop by the store mgr Jesse greeted me in the parking lot walk me inside with out me even telling him what just brakes had told me about my brakes i allowed him to give me his version he said all i needed was frt brake pads clean and adjust rears and he suggested a brake flush $249.99 later i was on my way home these people need to be arrested and out off business

• Br
      Mar 02, 2012

Sadly the customer's experience is typical. I worked for Just Brakes for over 10 years and the store managers are pushed to "up sell". When brakes are repaired, using the best quality parts is very important. You never want to "go cheap" with brake parts or rely on minimum wage employees to repair your brakes. Be safe and take your auto to a trusted repair facility, ask friends and family who they trust if you are not certain who should do repairs.

• Ju
      Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at [protected] to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.

• Ju
      Aug 29, 2014

Nov 20, 2014

I went to Just Brakes in Snellville GA on 9/27/2014. The same issue i was having at that time is the same issue that I am having today. I took my car to the dealership for an oil change and at that moment it was discovered that Just Brakes never shaved my rotors as they claimed. My brakes began squeaking again-only louder. I paid over $200.00 for no services. I am very disappointed and i dont understand how are they allowed to stay in business..