Juniper Visa/ Barclays Bank / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This company charged me for late fees even though I had paid the payment before the due date. They only allow 20 days to make a payment that would count for that statement. Anything made in the other ten days is applied to the previous statement making your payment late, even though the due date had already passed. Then they raise your interest to 22.75% and charge you late fees of $39. I spoke with several representatives who stated it was in the terms and conditions. I read them thoroughly and that was not stated. They are committing fraud and trying to cheat honest people. I made every payment on time, some months I made two payments. After 3 months, I closed the account in full. I don't want anything to do with this company ever again. Beware.

Li

Comments

• Td
      25th of Mar, 2008
    Juniper and Barclays - 3 25 08 Juniper unavailable online/or by phone!
    Juniper and Barclays
    New Jersey

On 3-24 and 3-25-08, I have attempted to pay my credit card online at juniper.com, the service is not available neither the phone number listed. Anyone out there know what is going on? I do not want to incur a late charge or interest rate increase especially now that I read the other complaints.

• Ju
      4th of Aug, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF THERE ARE SEVERAL WEBSITES PERTAINING TO THEIR BS...
    IM SENDING CERTIFIED MAIL & BOMBARDINGG THESE EXECUTIVES W/ MY DISGUST FOR THEIR PRACTICES...LET THE EXECUTIVES CALL THEIR 1 CALL CTR THAT WKS THE SAME PEOPLE FOR 18HR SHIFTS IN THE PHILLIPPINES!
    BAD KARMA WILL EVENTUALLY BITE THEM IN THE ### & I ASSURE YOU I INTEND TO START AN ONSLAUGHT OF ALLS AND LETTERS TO THE FOLOWING:

CHAIRMAN : MARCUS AQIUS
    44 5HP, UNITED KINGDOM
    PHONE: 44 20 7116 1000

• Ny
      16th of Nov, 2009

I agree they are crooks, as soon as I found out I closed my credit card acct with them before they ripped me off too much. Good luck but I doubt you'll win, as we all know people with lots of money who know the system usually win but as they say what goes around comes around, they'll get theirs one day.

• Ti
      20th of May, 2010

I second the complaint; they are crooks. I closed out my credit card also before they ripped me off to much. They reported me as late when my account was closed and paid off. I paid them off money I did not owe them just to keep my credit rating good. My husband also has a credit card with them and they are suppose to report to transunin that it was paid. They are quick to take your money and slow to report it to the credit bureas as paid in full. I will NEVER do business with them again. We are in the process of buying the home I inherited from my deceased parents and the judge ordered to buy out my 6 siblings. They are holding everyone up by not reporting that my husband's credit card (he had a joint card with me) is paid in full to Transunion!

Stay far away from these crooks! You will be glad you did!

• Ce
      30th of Apr, 2011

I am unemployed, disable and distute due to a serious illness. I was on a financial hardship program with Juniper/Barclays for a year and was promised that I could renew it in 2010. I called a month before the expiration, because I could not afford to lose that program. The rep told me to call back in Feb, she could not help me. So I called for help again a few weeks later. I explained my situation again, asking for the renewal, which I unfortunately did not get in writing. The man from Juniper coldly told me that there was no renewal and had no clue what I was talking about. I asked him for other repayment options and said I had to pay 3 times more during the month, to keep my account up to date.

I had already closed the account in December of 2009, since I was having so many problems with their electronic system and unfair late fees! Suddenly I am told the hardship program was no longer available to me. He tried to end the call and said: Oh, I will let you know if we have any other options available via mail. I am still waiting for that letter over 1 1/2 years later. I spoke to several people and got no help whatsoever from Juniper. They totally ignored my letters and unfairly sent me over to collections. I spoke to a nasty woman who threatened me with a civil suit, which is totally uncalled for. I asked for the reinstatement of the payment plan and was coldly informed that was no longer an option. I tried to pay them back, and now they have filed a civil suit against me. To say I am upset is an understatement. I live with chronic pain and now I cannot sleep due to their cold-hearted treatment with an honest person! They slapped over $800 of late fees on top of the amount I actually owed. Avoid this credit card company like the plague and read all the complaints available on the internet. You have been warned...Hope you never have to face this problem...

• Ce
      30th of Apr, 2011

Sorry about the typos. I meant to say Distitute & Disabled. Sure you figured that out.