Juniper Credit Card / Corrupt Business Practice, exhorbent fees, poor customer service, outright liars and pack of thieves

1 AndoverWichita, KS, United States Review updated:

I accepted a credit card from Juniper Bank in 2007. Credit limit at that time was 3250.00. Juniper reduced my credit limit in July of 2008 without notice and then paid a bill which I am still in dispute of that put me over the new limit. Due to my disbelief when I received my bill in August which notified me of over the limit fee of $39.00 AND a charge on my account I did not authorize of 19.00 I began a dispute process which caused a LATE fee of another 39.00. I actually approved and charged only 17.00 in the whole year of 2008. Juniper not only did not respond to my disputed charge but continued to place late fees and over the limit fees AND raised my interest rate from 5.9 percent to a whopping 27 percent just for exercising my right to dispute a charge that Juniper authorized. Juniper continued to place fees and fees upon me to the point where I thought I was dealing with an illegal clandestine preditory lender with absolutely no accountability for their actions. I continued to battle with this company to no avail they finally offered me a hardship program after they racked up over 850 dollars in fees and I still have no response to the item in dispute which caused this whole mess. Juniper has caused so much harm to me it makes me physically ill to be cohersed into a "hardship program" because this bank caused the hardship in the first place. They extort money from me every month and try to tell me I am getting some kind of a break as they reduced the interest rate to 5.9 percent until February of 2011 at which time they will reset it and this will begin all over again. I have not even paid all the charges Juniper placed on my account due to their reckless handling of my credit line, reputation and credit reporting. The damage they caused is incomprehensable beginning with ruining my credit, causing other credit cards to follow suit with closing and increasing my interest rates, insurance went up over $500 for my home on and on and on. Hell is too good for these preditors surely there will be some relief for consumers who have been harmed by this corrupt company. In the meanwhile I will continue to try to find HELP, and filing bankruptcy shouldn't be my option for simply refusing to pay a charge in dispute and attempting to get assistance from this negligent company that is STILL in business. WHY is this company still in business ruining consumers lives. I have lost a little bit of faith in humankind and want to empower myself and other's to not be victimized and make this company accountable. Of course as I educate myself more about the CEOs of Juniper past they have been handed cush government jobs with large compensation for stealing, lying and turning a blind eye to corruption. UNBELIEVABLE! I know of one person that is taking this to court because Juniper ran his fees up just like mine to the point where he could not pay. Juniper sold his account to a collection agency which began court proceedings to collect FEES. He was able to obtain an attorney and is fighting this case. He cannot buy a car, house, rent another apartment, get credit cards and all of this because of JUNIPER. I hope he wins because if he does I win too. I will follow suit and hire an attorney to fight this company and sue for civil damages. I live in Kansas and sure hope there will be a class action because I want to be included in that as well. Is there anything I can do NOW before I am completely ruined. February 2011 is coming up and Juniper will rear it's ugly head something I am not looking forward too.

Comments

• Ju
      25th of Mar, 2009
    Juniper Credit Card - JUNIPER RIP OFF FEES
    JUNIPER CREDIT CARD BARCLAY BANK
    California
    JUNIPER.COM

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THIS BANK IF COMPLETE FRAUD. LOOK AT ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS. THEY TAKEN MY MONEY BY CHARGING ME THEIR OWN FEES. I WILL NOT LET THEM DO THIS TO ME. I NEED MY MONEY FOR MY FAMILY. REPORT THEM TO THE ABOVE WEBSITE. THE MORE COMPLAINTS, A LAWSUIT CAN BE PROCESSES AGAINST THEM FOR OUR MONEY BACK.

• Da
      26th of Jan, 2010
    Juniper Credit Card - Ontime Pay gets Raised Interest Rate
    Barclay's Bank
    Delaware

Simple-Always have paid my account on time. Juniper sent me a letter saying they were raising my interest rate to 29.99% from 12.44%. I opted out to keep the say rate and closed my account. They raised my interest rate anyway and charged me an overlimit fee. Customer service did nothing and even sending a complaint letter to corporate did nothing. Juniper needs to be sued!!! They are crooks.

• Pe
      10th of Jul, 2011

Juniper charges you interest on new purchases made and get this - they charge you interest on money YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID BACK! Stop using them immediately! If people don't stop using them they will continue doing this!!