Juniper (Barclays) Bank / Scam in Promotion Practices

1 PO Box 13337Philadelphia, PA, United States
Phone: 866-255-1304

We have always paid our bills on time. In January, 2007, I sent over $4000.00 payment to Juniper and partly due to my waiting too long, it posted late. In July, 2007, we received a promotional balance transfer offer - 3.99 for the life of the balance. We transferred over almost $8,000 balances. Yesterday, received a notice that the interest rate was changing to prime +13.99 (currently 22.24%). When I called to inquire whether that would include my 3.99 balance transfer promo, they said yes. They stated your account can be reviewed for the previous 12 months at any time and if there is any late payment, your interest rate will go up regardless of promotions, etc. I stated that there was only 1 late payment in the past 12 months and at no time was my payment late since my July balance transfer. They would not budge!!! This is totally unfair as I complied with the terms of my balance tranfer and like I said, the late payment was in January. It seems as if they deliberately offered this low promo knowing that it would not last.