Juniper Bank Master Card / raising interest rate at will

THis bank opened my account 2 yeas ago with the decent rate of 8.99% I have always paid on time yet I recently received an overlimit notice (!?) so without hesitation I sent in double the amount to cover it only to fide that the nex month I was overlimit again and this time I noticed the interest rate had been jacked up to 20.99% so that they could keep me overlimit and act as though it was my fault, and continue to charge me more fees. I'll pay this off ASAP and close this card. Seems they are making their good customers pay for their bad debts with thier shady doings and underhanded status changes. Oh and when I called the supervisor was not "available" and was to call me back, RIGHT!

En

Comments

• Cl
      10th of Oct, 2008
    Juniper Bank Master Card - executed de-authorized transfer
    57 hilltop circle
    yelford
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 2676641835

After initially accepting credit card balance transfer, when contacted by bank representative for additional information .
    I explicitly and articulately stated, that I immediately wanted
    this application canceled/delated and no balance transfers were
    to be performed, citing the organizations exceptionally poor
    communications, customer service, and inordinately long turn around times for return contacts . I was assured all transactions and the application would be terminated and verified by mail.
    Instead, 8-10 days later I received in the mail a mastercard
    with a 2317.50 balance for partial balance transfers, executed
    emtirely against my order . Juniper bank offered zero assistance toward correction or reconciliation of thier actions .

• Ty
      20th of Mar, 2009

I received a form letter stating effective April 1, 2009 my 8.99% APR was being raised 67% to 14.99%. I have NO late payments, Never over the limit, no cash advances, been a perfect customer. When I asked why, they told me QUOTE" we are tightening our policies".
    I am outraged! President Obama is bailing out these banks, and they are now DOUBLE DIPPING, getting our tax dollars from the bail out and raping good credit worthy customers by raising interest rates for NO REASON!

• Do
      31st of Mar, 2009

I received the same letter from Barclays as well. I have written a notice to close my accounts. It seems to me that the bank are causing self inflicted wounds that will be hard to heal. They have closed accounts of bad credit and jacking up inerest rates on perfectly good customers to pay for the bad debts.

Soon no one will trust banks and the credit crunch will continue until they learn how to lend money. Good customers wont open accounts with them and the bad creditors wont be able to get credit.