julias bra shop / refund refused for returned items

1 5365 robinhood rdWinstonSalem, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-635-8117

I purchased 6 bras from Julia's bra shop in January using Paypal. They were mailed USPS and I received them on January 29, 2009. I did not like 4 of the bras and contacted JBS to receive a RMA. I returned the items via USPS and they were delivered on Feb 6, 2009 to JBS.

As of February 27, 2009 I am still waiting on a refund of $78.87.

Paypal refuses to file a claim or issue a refund

the JBS website no longer exists (www.juliasbrashop.com) but I keep receiving ad emails from them (last one was Feb 21, 2009).

I have contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the charges.

An

Comments

• Et
      13th of Mar, 2009

This sounds like them. I've also had trouble with them. I ordered 6 bras, but only received 4! But got charged for 6 anyway. I got a note included on my order saying the extra bras would be delivered as soon as they were restocked, but months later, I have yet to receive them. If you are someone considering doing business with JBS, and reading these reviews, don't do business with them!

• Do
      29th of Mar, 2009

we should all file complaint with the BBB of north carolina.

• Kr
      13th of Apr, 2009

I'm having similar problems with them - if you're thinking about doing business with Julia's - DON'T!

• Ge
      19th of Apr, 2009

I, too, am having problems with JBS. I returned 3 pairs of panties March 10, 2009, and am constantly being told they're checking on the order, hold on. Of course, no one returns to the phone. They the phone, never saying Julia's Bra Shop, just Customer Service, please hold...no one comes back to the phone. Some common excuses: we're trying to see if we can get the item for the same price, when did send the item back, please hold I'm getting supervisor, can you call back at 1pm, and it goes on and on and on, without resolution. I AGREE WITH EVERYONE ABOVE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! I'm contacting my bank, too, to try and get the charges reversed.

Geneva in Charlotte, NC

• Su
      20th of Apr, 2009

I too am having an issue. At first I was thinking it was just an isolated incident, but after reading all of the complaints, I see itis not!! I bought 4 bras in February 2009. My credit card was charged for all 4! About 1 and 1/2 weeks later I received a call from Julia's saying the bra's were on back order and should be in in 3 weeks and they would ship them upon arrival. Ok, no problem I thought. Well it is ow nearing the end of April and I have no bra's, and cannot contact anyone. I try to call the customer service number and I get a recording that says mail bow is full and hangs up on me. I have emailed them twice now...again no response! I can't even find a physical address for them to call information to get a local number for them. I am pretty sure I paid by credit card instead of Paypal (hopefully), so I am going to call them and see if they will take the charge off my card!! We'll see.

Suzanne in Martinsburg, WV

• Gl
      12th of May, 2009

Julia's Bra Shop should be renamed to Julia's Rip Off Shop. That's all they are. I have tried since March 10th to get my order, and so far I've been unsuccessful. I talked to Shannon March 25th and April 8th. I spoke with Letisha April 14th and 20th and May 2nd and 4th. Everytime I got a promise that I would probably receive my order by Friday. Now it's May 12th, and Friday hasn't gotten here yet! PLEASE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JULIA'S UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY. How I wish I would have read the internet before ordering from this bunch of clowns. If you do order from them, don't say you weren't warned.

• Al
      10th of Jun, 2009

Beware beware. Do not buy from this company. They are a rip off. I recently had the same thing to happen to me. I'm currently having to go through paypal claim process and file a BBB complaint in order to get my refund. This company is not worth the hassle.

25th of Jun, 2009

I too am concerned. I have tried to call the customer service # and got a recording that the mail box is full and they hung up. It has been awhile since I ordered this and still have not received this item. I thought that maybe it was taking longer because I live in Alaska, but I am thinking otherwise reading the article's of complaint here. I will keep trying to get a hold of them, and I am still waiting for my package. I wish I would have seen these complaints before I tried this site. I may have saved myself a lot of heartache.

• Ta
      2nd of Jul, 2009

AFTER ordering with them for one item and received an email saying that there was a delay on my order, I sent their customer service a message asking how long the delay was going to be because I needed the garment for my wedding, I didn't recieve a response back. A few days later I did some research on them and found that they either shipped wrong products, shipped them to late, or didn't ship them at all. I sent a complaint to the BBB two days ago, I also informed them that I had done this and if I didn't recieve a refund or my product by the middle of next week I was going to get into contact with their local law inforcement because what they are doing is illegal. I just recieved an email from them and the usps today that my order has been shipped. If it isn't the right product and I do not get a refund for my money, you can bet your a** I will be incontact with the local law inforcement because they need to be shut down!!!

• Ru
      31st of Jul, 2009

They have been awful to buy from! They were a month late and lied the whole time about when it had shipped and when I recieved my refund. Don't buy from them!!

• Ne
      14th of Aug, 2009

I bought bra's from this company and was lucky enough to recieve what I ordered. Twice I have had to return items but only was issued credit for one of the 'returns, LUCKY ME! The second time I returned
    some bra's was 15 May 2009 and after repeated emails and telephone calls to 'customer service????, I am still waiting for my credit of $48.71. As my emails became more angry, they finally dropped me from their email notices.
    On 13 July 2009 I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Northwest North Carolina who then contacted Julia's Bra Shop. Julia's Bras did not respond to the BBB so after 30 days, the BBB closed out my complaint although my complaint will stay on their records for 3 years. Lot's of good that will do me or others!
    BUYER BEWARE!!! If you receive your order and it is what you want, you are very lucky indeed. If you need a refund...FORGET IT!! I AM OUT $48.71 and there is not a thing I can do except add my name to the list of suckers who ordered from this fly by night stealing company!!!

• Ju
      17th of Jun, 2010

I too got ripped by this scam artist. I still cannot believe that they still have a website up and running. Oh how I wish I had read the reviews before making a purchase (and yes they took my money and I never received any merchandise). What a scam is all I can say.

• Un
      22nd of Jul, 2010

YOU CAN FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!

Share this address with everyone who has a complaint with Julia's or other Internet scammers. They WILL take action.

HTTP://WWW.IC3.GOV