[Resolved] Judge John E. Keefe Sr. / Sleazy lawyers and a sleazy firm that ripped me off

5 170 Monmouth St., Red Bank, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-224-9400

Anthony Raymond
973 Circle Drive
Baltimore, MD 21227
[protected]
[protected]@hotmail.com

Anybody considering retaining using JUDGE JOHN E. KEEFE SR. should first read the following. He and his firm charged me $19, 000 to vacate a $7, 500 judgment, and to initiate a counterclaim. Their counterclaim was invalid. He and his son, and others refused to communicate with me after I paid them their exorbitant fees. To overcharge someone is the same as stealing. People who steal are thieves. Keefe is dishonest, arrogant, and unethical. I was offered an apology by Keefe for the way I was treated only after I began posting reviews. He said he would refund my wasted fees paid to him, That was a year ago. Once again he misled me and lied. This firm cares only about money, not about their clients.

An overview is as follows:

I was a victim of consumer fraud. The company/person refused to return my property to me, and they sued me for $7, 500. I hired Keefe/Bartels to vacate the judgment, and to counterclaim for the value of my property. I had a witness who was deposed for 9 hours. The firm switched lawyers on me 3 times, and in the transition lost important evidence, both from my witness, and also important prices realized related to the valuation of my property.
Keefe switched lawyers on me 3 times. He lost important evidence from my witness, and also regarding my valuations. The day of trial I was refused a jury trial as promised. The day of trial I was told they would not use my witness "because you know your witness and the judge will look unfavorable on it." I could not win my case without any witness. The judge said I should have had a witness. He said the Court could not award damages since my claim did not include bailment. His counterclaim was worthless. I lost $126, 000 in property and I was charged $19, 000 to get a $7, 500 judgment vacated, in addition to thousands of dollars in other legal expenses.

I feel Keefe Bartels either never cared about winning my case, or intentionally lost it rather than returning my fees to me, and subjecting themselves to immediate malpractice claims.
His counterclaim was worthless. According to the Judge, the Court could not award any damages since my counterclaim neglected to include bailment, and I should have presented a witness, which of course I had.

• Resolution statement

Anthony Raymond 973 Circle Drive Baltimore, MD 21227 410-247-0837 Keefe Bartels has resolved any and all issues between us to my complete and utter satisfaction. I hereby retract everything I have posted online about the law firm of Keefe Bartels LLP, and its individual attorneys, employees and principals. Tony Raymond

To
Jun 7, 2015

Comments

• Ho
      30th of Jul, 2015

i think most lawyer are crooke by nature ??

• It
      18th of Sep, 2015

Unfortunately, He has managed a very good reputation on top page of Google while searching for his name.

But I've a really wonderful plan to bring him down, if you're interested !