Joss and Main — Extra Unnecessary Fees
Nice stuff. However a little too good to be true. During first attempt to make a purchase, I noticed in Checkout that the company charges International shipping (on top of regular shipping/handling) and Duty fees, which I can understand if I lived somewhere outside the U.S. or Canada. I contacted Customer Service immediately, and they assured me that those charges would only be applied if I lived outside the U.S. and Canada. So, I tried again and asked Customer Service to confirm the actual charge before sending the order as the website was still adding the extra charges. To my dismay, Customer Service said that the extra fees are to ensure a "seamless shopping experience" and that they would not be able to cancel my order as it was already ready to be shipped, even though I had emailed them as soon as I processed the order. These extra fees almost add double to the purchase price!
There are other websites that sell the exact same items at a similar price without charging extra for International shipping and duty fees.
I have not yet received my purchase, but hopefully it will look as wonderful and be of good quality as it appeared on the website.
Or that would be a complete rip-off!
More Joss and Main Complaints & Reviews
- Joss & Main - Order Feb 27, 2011 
- Joss and Main - Products do not. Match as listed on website/ poor return policy 
- Joss & Main - Order Cancelled for No Reason 
- Joss and Main - Product naming and quality 
- Joss and Main - Service and accuracy 
- Joss and Main - Order shipped after cancellation 
- Joss and Main - pick up of carpet to be returned
- Joss and Main - Shipped items after I canceled
- Joss & Main - Strange company
- Joss & Main - They charged me for "free shipping"