Jose Luis Corona / Baja contractor is a liar!

1 Mexico Review updated:

This man got his father to buy a house and sell it to an American Woman. Then he lied about when it would be finished, and everything else. When he refused to deliver the house three years later, he told her: in Mexico they say that a bad deal is better than a good fight. It is like saying you should be happy you are getting screwed. Stay away from Real Del Mar, Jose Luis Corona of Baja, his father Pedro Corona, a Tijuana businessman. They are not to be trusted.

More Jose Luis Corona Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Un
      2nd of Jul, 2007

We have had similar problems with Frisas construction, through Real Del Mar Baja, and Jose Luis Corona is the manager and does not follow the law. He is a liar and I now understand that he is trying to get his own business started and wants to leave Real Del Mar. His father Pedro got caught up in a bad business deal because his son is incompetent. This has led many others to suffer. Real Del Mar needs to clean up their act. I find it interesting that this is now making it to the Internet, so people who research before buying will be warned about all involved. Frisas construction had a good reputation but not doing soil compression tests before subdividing and selling lots shows they have forgotten to do the basics, so there is now something fundamentally wrong with that company. I warn others not to do business with a company that is this sloppy, and will not fix the problem and get people the houses they were promised.

Alvaro Fuentes Higuera

• Si
      3rd of Jul, 2007

My experience with Jose Corona is that he does not meet with people, but has other people who work for Real Del Mar tell lies for him. My advice to those thinking of buying in Baja, if you are from outside, use the services of an experienced company that has helped others with relocating. Research them for complaints. An example: In researching Coldwell Banker, I found many problems including an agent stealing millions and moving back to the U.S. It is important to research. Also, share your problems on the Internet. This way others will be warned against companies with problems. It is too bad that this information was not online a couple of years ago to warn the buyers that are in trouble now.

• Ke
      27th of Jul, 2007

Avoids telling clients what is going on for as long as he can. After selling one house, can't deliver, makes switch for a lot, when wanted a house. He is clever and does bait and switch.

• Ri
      3rd of Jan, 2009

I really appreciate what I saw here. I wrote people who posted complaints on this about various issues regarding buying property in Mexico, and using Mexican attorneys and found that they kept me from making a huge mistake. There are very big problems with Mexican real estate, and it has gotten so much worse since the United States economy has gone bad. I can't thank those who put up the truth enough for giving me advise that saved me the grief that others who signed contracts in Mexico are having.

Now I see that Baja is becoming a very dangerous place for vacationers. There was a segment on ABC Nightly News about the kidnappings and attacks on tourists. Don't believe the lies that are put on the Internet about how wonderful Baja is, or how great it is to go there. It is not. The people who write that are only trying to make money by selling you something.