Jorge Alfredo Márquez Fagoaga / Strung me along

1 EC Review updated:

I contacted Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga to see if he could edit a document for me. He really wanted the job, so we discussed payment several times with Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga always contacting me back very quickly, several times a day in fact.

Finally I hired him via oDesk & then he never did the work. I didn't know when he was going to get the edited file back to me, so I messaged him & never heard back from him for 2 days. He ONLY messaged me back when I told him that I was going to complain to oDesk, then suddenly he had the time to message me.

He said he was too busy to respond to my message which is clearly very unprofessional & I told him that it only takes 5 minutes or less to respond with when he was going to do the work. It seems Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga doesn't have 2 minutes to respond with an answer, but he's not too busy to respond when he thinks I'm going to complain.

He said he was going to do the work that day, that the deadline was that day, something I didn't realize.

Did he do the work? No, he didn't.

Finally 2-3 days later I told him I was going to cancel the project & submit a negative review. Instead of Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga dealing with his terrible service, he cancels the project & then lies saying the job wasn't as advertised. I discussed in detail what was needed with this document & not once did Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga ask me any questions, which is further proof that he knew what was going on.

I guess Jorge Alfredo Márquez [censored]oaga doesn't take responsibility for his actions & feels the need to lie to make himself out to be the one who was wronged. What upsets me is all the time that was wasted dealing with him & not one thing got accomplished. He had practically begged me for the work & we conversed at least 7-10 times via e-mail.

Unfortunately this is typical of many independent contractors online. They will make every effort to get the job & then never do the work once they have it. Logical? Not to me.

Comments

Nov 27, 2012

First of all, I am not from Ecuador. You should be really carefull when writing your comments. It's really interesting to see you wanted me to do a large job for a couple of dollars. You're wrong when you say, "He had practically begged me for the work & we conversed at least 7-10 times via e-mail", because you started the conversation via email and you wanted to pay less than $5 for a very difficult job.

I am not one of those contractors that get $0.01 per hour (as many people is doing in some African countries, for example), and I am not willing to waste my time doing something you will not pay accordingly. You can read my feedback on oDesk and you will see what my real clients think about me. You took the time to write this negative review here because you couldn't do it on oDesk. Very smart, but not smart enough. Why? Because you are a woman with a horrible feedback on the web. I read every single feedback of you both on oDesk and on the Internet and that is the main reason why I decided to continue with my other projects and not taking ownership of the one you wanted me to do.

A lot of people is saying you take the money from them (using your dating website) and then you disappear. If that's true, I wouldn't like to make business with someone like you. Never.

If you want to continue with this, let me know so I can start a legal process in your Courts. I'll win you here and there.

Best regards,

Jorge Alfredo Marquez [censored]oaga

PS. I'm from San Salvador, EL SALVADOR, not Ecuador.

Nov 27, 2012

I invite every reader to visit my oDesk profile so you can see who I am and what I do:

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to get work samples to prove her wrong.