Jordan River Animal Hospital, West Jordan UT / Retroactive billing charges

Jordan River Animal Hospital, 1519 w 9000 s, West Jordan, UT 84088. In 7-08 we took our sick dog to Jordan River Animal Hospital for a follow-up checkup. We paid using a debit card, which means we only key in a pin, not a dollar amount, which is done by the clerk. We received a receipt which neither of us looked at since we were concerned with our sick dog and getting him home. Weeks later we received a demand for additional payment of $6 and a threat of interest charges. I called, explained that we thought this was paid in full and I was not going to pay more. I was told the manager would be told and it would be removed. Two days later, I received a demand for payment and a threat of interest charges. I called again and spoke to Alex, a very rude individual who accused me of cheating them, implied I was dishonest and a liar, told me I was wasting his time. I offered to return the medication we hadn't used, still sealed in blister packs, a full box untouched and he could refund my money but he refused. He was increasingly nasty to me and bullying. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against them on the grounds that I believe service was paid in full and I should not have to pay them more, or interest, just because JRAH made a mistake on their end that i had nothing to do with. I'm surprised that any company would be willing to lose a client and all the other people I will tell about this incident over $6 steming from their error, not mine!