Jon's Moving Company, San Diego, Calif. / moving

1 San Diego, California,, United States

Long story, but I hired Jon's Moving Company to transport my mother's furniture and belongings from Brawley, near the Mexican border to Reno, Nevada.
The delivery was to be in two locations, one to a storage unit and the other delivery to her assisted living location. Jon denied any damage to the very expensive furniture, which required refinishing repairs. Cracked and broken pieces of wood on the 2 side tables, broken lead crystal jars, broken glass glasses, scratched and chipped a $5, 000 custom made dining room table and 8 chairs. The property was moved into a storage unit in Reno and as my sister and I were slowly going through the boxes we found so much damage, it was incredible.
The move was April 15 and my sister and I started inspecting the boxes May 12, 2017 when I contacted the mover via text when we were able to start sorting out the boxes. Now, the mover is saying it wasn't his fault and denies any claim for the extensive damage. I have a text from May that he said he would cover the damages. Today he says he won't cover anything. He also told me he had boxes in his storage unit and he would look for the box I described with solid brass items, tools and he stated a few days ago he now has no boxes in his storage unit.
The repair to the furniture, (refinishing), was about $1, 500, the crystal heirlooms was estimated at $2, 000 and the lost box was estimated at $2, 000. The marble overlay on one piece of furniture, that was cracked in half, is going to be $1, 200 to be replaced. A $5, 000 custom dining room table with 8 custom made chairs is going to be $1, 000 to be refinished with scratches and nicks on the table and all the chairs.
His workers were anxious to leave as there was an impending storm and I contend they threw, quite literally into the storage unit causing damage.
I have text reply's to prove my case and can document the photos, but on my phone. I can email photos from my phone if you are interested to pursue this..

• Updated by JeanneKW, Dec 31, 2017