Jonny Canvas / still awaiting delivery

1 Wakefield, England, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I had to pay delivery charge and couldn't do it through paypal and so had to set up an account with this company. I've been waiting nearly a month and no delivery of my photo canvas. I have emailed and telephoned. No reply.

Comments

• Fl
      16th of May, 2012

I bought a canvas from this co via a Livingsocial discount voucher on 10.04.12. Like the contributor above I'm still awaiting delivery & an answer to my emails. Customer service appears to be non existent. I am also awaiting a reply from Livingsocial who are very slow to respond.

• Aj
      21st of May, 2012

Still awaiting delivery from JonnyCanvas - placed order 18th April and heard nothing. Managed to get through to their customer service division - i was told my canvas was in production to print and would be in the post by end of the week, but heard nothing more since!
    They have happily taken their money and havent made much of an effort since. If they have been busy because they have had a big response from the livingsocial deal - then they have done their limits completely wrong and then havent had the decency to follow up with customers.
    Will never use them again.
    Awful.
    I just want my canvas now to end this sorry saga.

• Ve
      25th of May, 2012

Similar experience, ordered my canvas on 28 Apr and haven't heard anything. Tried emailing but no response, not expecting to receive my order to be honest.

• Bo
      8th of Jun, 2012

I have received my canvas off Jonny Canvas did wait a bit of time but was not disappointed.

9th of Jun, 2012

To all of the above,
    I am sorry that you have not yet recieved your canvas. Unfortunatly some files have been deleted and we are currently looking into getting this sorted out. Please will you e mail [protected]@oneumbrella.co.uk She will be more than happy to deal with your order and get it out for you with urgency.
    Very sorry to hear about your frustrations and hope that we can make this up to you.
    Jonny Canvas Management.

• To
      14th of Jun, 2012

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Ordered 3rd May - got a message advising of 10-15 days for delivery - fair enough. Waited, waited and waited some more. Still waiting as of 14th June. Chased 3 times by email as no phone numbers listed anywhere - no response. Living Social wont help with "redeemed" deals. Currently about to contact my bank and reclaim the payments made to both companies. Absolutely disgraceful service. Might aswell have set fire to my money - at least I would have had warm fingers for a few seconds rather than absolutely nothing at all.

• Pu
      19th of Jun, 2012

I've been waiting 7 weeks for mine.
    Through living social. Am disgusted also with Living Social who should check that there vouchers can be used properly.
    NEVER NEVER NEVER USE THIS COMPANY< THEY ARE RUBBISH
    more chance of becoming Prime Minister, Cheshire

20th of Jun, 2012

STILL waiting for this - I have sent further emails to both Jonnycanvas & Livingsocial without success. I have sent a final email to [protected]@oneumbrella.co.uk as per the post at 9th June. If I don't get either my canvas or a full refund then I'll be writing to the consumer pages of The Guardian to see if they can sort it 7 at the same time alert people to this shoddy company.

• Wh
      26th of Jun, 2012

I ordered a canvas in march, still not had delivery, made numerous calls and emails to living social, who simply just don't want to reply, finally got through to a manager at living social who promised me on the 15th June that I'd have my canvas in one week, suprise suprise, still no canvas, jonny canvas don't supply a contact number and have never replied to any of my emails, I have given up hope, I would urge everyone who reads this to spread the word that living social should be boycotted, them and jonny canvas between them could not organise the opening of an envolope, I'll never use their site again.

29th of Jun, 2012

Hi all, the company who have taken your money now trade under the website www.oneumbrella.co.uk

They traded previously under the name Balmer Media and last year ripped-off lots of customers by stealing their money with similar canvas sales before winding up the business. They were back up and running and doing it again with Oneumbrella written over the door a week later.

It's criminal that companies like this can steal from people with apparently no penalty. You know, they are still advertising on Google. They should be honoring the orders they have already taken money for before they chase new business?

The problem is this... They do not charge enough for the products they sell. As the old saying goes, if it's too good to be true then it probably isn't! They advertise silly offers, take the money from customers and then run.

I suspect that the company will wind up again and lots of people will lose out. Meanwhile, more money will be taken from customers pockets for products they will never receive!

I would encourage all affected to contact Trading Standards or better still file a county court summons online. It is quick and easy to do and you will at least be a known creditor if the company winds up and as such will stand some chance of recovering your money. Furthermore, you have the satisfaction of knowing that cheats like this are less likely to con even more people!

4th of Jul, 2012

Here are complains about the same people on this very website and someother. Looks like history is repeating itself!

4th of Jul, 2012

Update to my post of 20th June - I finally received my canvas 29.06.12. It's ok but I won't be using either them or Livingsocial again, lifes too short for all this hassle!

• Gd
      29th of Jul, 2012

Same experience I paid for two canvasses in April received one in May of very poor quality managed to find their telephone number phoned and they asked me to send a photo of the canvass they sent me but can't find how to do this and emailed them again with no answer. Customer service non-existent but Living Social has to take part of the blame as they continue to advertise them.

• Ld
      6th of Aug, 2012

I too have been waiting nearly 7 weeks for my canvas and still nothing. I was told by their on-line customer service that it would be sent out last week. My account still says pending. I have contacted both Living Social and Jonny Canvas and received no help from either. Living Social refuse to accept any responsibility, I will certainly never use Living Social again. They say they just sold me a voucher that advertised the deal. Funny that. as my bank statement says I paid Living Social, my receipt stated Living Social and I paid through the Living Social website. Please don't use this website. Con men!!!

• Jm
      13th of Aug, 2012

I have been waiting now for 63 days for my canvas, I did get a response once from on line help they said when my canvas was originally printed it wasn't good quality so they wanted to re-print it, but the status of my order has always stayed at "pending". I haven't heard anything since, numerous e-mails sent and no replies. I have just e-mailed [protected]@oneumbrella.co.uk as stated above, lets see what happens but I am not holding my breath!!
    Living Social are clearly not vetting these companies before they use them they are just taking peoples money, I certainly won't be using either companies again!!

19th of Aug, 2012

I ordered on 16th June and the order is still at pending. Ordered via livingsocial as well. Ridiculous. Won't be ordering anything through livingsocial again (or jonny canvas) as cant trust them to come through with what they promise.

• Fi
      21st of Aug, 2012

I know how to get the money back. The best way is to file a Small Claims action. Any other lawsuit is easy for them to brush off, but with a small claims suit, they CANNOT use a lawyer! Therefore, someone from Living Social will have to show up and defend. They won't and you will win by default EVERYTHING you ask for.
    However, there are other ways before going to that extreme. Like, calling the customer service line. it's 877-521-4191. Other numbers are 202-503-2800 and 202-695-7000. They will put you through to customer service. Choose option 1 and wait for it to finish. it will tell you to hold if you did not get your answer. Then, you'll be on hold for about 5 to 15 minutes, but someone WILL come on. Explain your situation. THEN, explain what it is you think you have to do to get your money back. If they do not take care of it, small claims is the answer.
    Contact me at [protected]@gmail.com and we can create some answers for those lost in the shuffle and I can help.

• Sh
      25th of Aug, 2012

Sad to see so many people still getting fleeced by this outfit. Please spread the word as often and wherever you can. This outfit did a similar canvas con through groupon under the name of UK Canvas ( now no more ). They are a serial phoenix company having many fingers in lots of pies, not just printing - search j balmer in linkedin. Other companies gone under are BalmerMedia and Pawprint Signs. They are currently trading as oneumbrella and are also using the name the print factory ( wakefield and barnsley beware ). Probably got a few more names registered for future use. They are just a small rubbish outfit, producing rubbish products at cheap prices not making enough profit to sustain a business, hence history shows they liquidate the business every 18 months or so. What consumers don't realise is that the print is done on a solvent machine, ok for ouside banners but canvases will stink of solvent, no good at all for a living room or worse still a childs bedroom

• Rh
      28th of Aug, 2012

We have 2 orders from 17th July and was aware that there could be a 3 week delay due to "high volumes". It's now been 6 weeks!! Have e-mailed but had no response. Am going to call tomorrow to see on 01924 36 73 92

• Al
      27th of Sep, 2012
    Jonny Canvas - None delivery of goods
    JONNY CANVAS
    United Kingdom

I ordered a large canvas from JONNY CANVAS (via Living Social) in the middle of August, and paid an "delivery and handling" charge of £10-58. To date (27th September 2012) there has been no delivery, nor has there been any response whatsoever to my email's requesting any information or updates. I am beginning to think the company is acting fraudulently and that they may have received money by deception. Their customer service has been none existing and I am seriously contemplating raising documentation with the small claims court. For a relatively small fee it may raise the profile of this issue as I do not believe this is isolated to the two people on this site. I would be happy to raise a "small claims" with the courts (at my cost) on behalf of any other people that are interested.

• Wi
      5th of Oct, 2012
    Jonny Canvas - Ordered Canvas on 18/Aug 2012 & still no show
    Jonny Canvas
    England, Yorkshire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: None available

I bought two vouchers from Living Social shop and placed my order on the 18th August 2012. They have never been honoured and were both for presents. I have contacted them many times by email but have never even had a reply. I've not been able to find a phone number for them either. I am ready now to place this fiasco with the board of fair trading as they need to be shut down. They are obviously scam merchants. If anyone has a number for them, then I'd be grateful to receive it. Thanks

• Lo
      8th of Oct, 2012

same here!! ordered but no show through living social voucher. wish i'd checked here first!! oh well. at least it wasn't huge amounts of money. not happy to read they use solvents!!

• Pa
      9th of Oct, 2012

I've just called them today (8/11) to chase 2 orders placed several weeks ago. First of all they tried to tell me that I had the wrong order numbers. I then sent them back their own emails to confirm the order numbers.
    Miraculously they found the orders and delivery was promised for this coming Friday!
    I shan't hold my breath
    Paul Hibbert

• Do
      24th of Oct, 2012

JonnyCanvas.com
    New brunswick Street

Tel: 01924 36 73 92

Spoke to them today and the living social deal has been far too much for them to handle so they are massively behind with orders. They seem to be prioritising those who ring up so give them a call.

• Do
      24th of Oct, 2012

JonnyCanvas.com
    New brunswick Street

Tel: 01924 36 73 92

• Ca
      3rd of Nov, 2012

Oh this is so disappointing. I am yet another customer who has wasted money and has been emailing to ask where my canvas is. I ordered on sept 11 so its nearly 2 months since. Having read all of this I certainly wont be using living social again, groupon always take responsibility and give groupon credit back when deals go wrong. Annoyed I have wasted this money on a bunch of thieving criminals. Cat

• Sv
      8th of Nov, 2012

I appear to be another sucker for this company! Ordered on 13/08/12 and still nothing. They won't reply to any emails. LivingSocial should investigate the companies they advertise before offering deals - will NEVER use again! Have told everyone I know about this and they are now very wary of using LivingSocial! Horrible customer service from both companies!

• Tr
      9th of Nov, 2012

Not just me then! I ordered and waited 6 weeks no reponse to my emails (Living Social or Jonny C). Finally found a phone number and was told it would be sent that day! I got it the next day but I have a 2nd voucher I gifted and I'm not going to take the chance with that one,
    As other say avoid at all costs and complain to Trading Standards.

15th of Nov, 2012

I placed my order on 10th September and still nothing. I am having difficulty contacting them. Very disappointing as this is a gift for my son and daughter in law - a beautiful photo of their little boy!

• Gg
      16th of Nov, 2012

I ordered a canvas from Jonny Canvas back in June through a Living Social Deal. I chased and chased. They don't respond to emails or live chat. The couple of times I got them on the phone they were really nice and promised to send me the goods again, claiming it had already been sent. I had given up hope of ever receiving anything and yesterday, 5 months after placing my order, I received the canvas. It is absolutely shocking. It was a black and white portrait and it has arrived looking very blue and very dark. Can't even see the picture. The canvas is loose on the board too.

Hope this helps others from going down the same frustrating route

• Ca
      19th of Nov, 2012

Also another person caught with this to good to be true offer from Living Social for Jonny Canvas - if this is know as a bad choice of supplier why oh why are they still allowed to place offers on these voucher companies?? Surely there must be some form of control on these companies after so many complaints? Obliviously will not hold my breathe for my canvas and chalk this up to being a sucker

• Tr
      4th of Dec, 2012

I'm not expecting to receive the canvas I ordered on 21st June from Jonny Canvas - contacted them via chat on 30th August to be told that it had been recorded as sent on 9th July but "I cant seem to find the receipt of posting. So in that case I will get your order straight in for urgent reprinting & dispatched as soon as possible." Still waiting 4th December, having had no reply to subsequent submissions via their (NO!) contact form. Have emailed [protected]@oneumbrella.co.uk today as per an earier post on here, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a reply. My order was also via livingsocial, and I can't help feeling that they've just decided it would be uneconomic to fulfil the offer they made via them.

• D4
      10th of Dec, 2012

Has anyone who has posted here had a canvas from Jonny Canvas? I have been waiting since September 21st!

27th of Feb, 2013

Same here!!! I have just emailed them... been waiting since October 2012!

• Mr
      11th of Sep, 2013

Just to let you know, this company are still going. I think they are on their third re-incarnation so far. Operating from the same address:-

They have multiple websites:-