Jolly Cool / None smoking signs mean nothing at Jolly Cool

1 United States

Was enjoying my meal at Jolly Cool tonight until I started feeling ill and I noticed the table smoking next to us. I immediately asked the waiter why they had 4 visible signs saying : thank you for NOT smoking, on the walls where we sat. The waiter promptly said ' You better speak to the manager' as if my complaint was not immediately apparent and easy to sort out. The manager sat a table way for our table. The waiter went to explain our complaint. However he did nothing about it. He didn't look up in our direction. He carried on chilling and texting or playng with his phone. I later asked the waiter if he had spoken to the manager, and he too now tried very hard to avoid us due to my complaint. Eventually I called the manager over myself and he reluctantly came over. When we asked why there was smoking allowed in a non smoking area with signs. His only suggestion was for me to move, dispite the signs and dispite that I had arrived long before the smoking table. He also seemed surprised that what was taking place was illeagal. There are no extracter fans for the smoke or a closed off area for smokers. He actually said it must be our first time there coz they allow smoking always!