JolieseTan / Non-Disclosure, Hijacking Bank Account

1 WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-955-7596

This online-ad for $1.50 sample of their tanning product is actually a 14 day trial that on the 15th day of clicking your order online charges your debit/credit card $79.95 additional monthly recurring charges. The 14 day free trial and $79.95 recurring charge are NOT listed in the ad but on a complete separate web page which they say you read when you clicked their ORDER NOW button. All you receive is a little 8 oz. bottle of brown chemicals for a total of $81.45 which you could get at any store for $5.00. A complete rip-off. Do not order this $1.50 sample!

Ca

Comments

• Gl
      4th of Feb, 2010

i tried for a week to cancel my account. the website says you can cancel it online but it will not accept your sign on information. i sent two emails dated jan 25 and jan 27, and they finally cancelled my account on the 29th after they charged $79.95 to my debit card. i called and spent an hour on the phone and ended up only getting a rude 'supervisor' who told me he would give me $39.99 back...take it or leave it. and when i told him i was going to report the company to the attorney general, he told me to stop wasting my time talking to him then and go ahead and report it.
    i left the $39.99 and reported the company to the attorney general in arizona and i request that anyone else who has a problem with this company do the same thing.

• Kr
      5th of Feb, 2010

I placed my order on Jan 17th and I got the product (Joliese) after 12 days (the trial period is 14 days !!!)
    Before I placed my order there was no information about such a long time for delivery, actually there was any information about policy... I did not have any time to try it after I received that (they charged my account for $79.95 during that time). So, I was trying to solve that problem and I called them. They said that they do not care about delivery time and this is my responsibility to try it and keeping or cancelling...
    I buy a lot of thing thru internet and I always get them in 4-5 days and I would never expect 12 days for delivery, so I decided to try...and now I got lesson of my life... :-(
    They should have information on their website that delivery time takes 98 procent of trial period !!!
    I spent over $80 for something that I probably can buy for about $10 at the store and obvieusly I finally cancelled my account but I am affraid that they will charge me again next month. I have right to think like that because I was wrong when I was expecting to get any help from customer service...They do not have any options to solve the problem, they only care for money that they already charged !!!
    Do not buy from that company. The product could be very good but customer service and policy is not acceptable !!!...especially for this price !!!

• Wp
      7th of Feb, 2010

Beware. This is a scam. I went to their web site to order the free trial. It said I was to be billed around $3.25 for shipping only. It charged my debit card $99.92. I hit the back button to try to cancel, but it wouldn't let me. The product arrived without a packing slip or an invoice. Neither did I receive an email invoice. I called the company and told the rep that I did not intend to order this quantity that I only wanted the free trial sample. I told her that I wanted to return the product for a refund. She proceeded to tell me that I had signed up for their Elite Plan and the product was non-returnable. I told her that was unacceptable and that I would file a complaint with the BBB. That did not dissuade her. Afterward I proceeded to cancel my debit card and apply for a new one in order that they could not post recurring chargers.

9th of Feb, 2010

I to wroke up to find my account had been debited for $79.95. I went to their "Terms & Conditions" to find it should have been $79.92. This violates the terms and should void the agreement. If they are doing this repeatly, they should be charged with interstate bank fraud. Here's what it says:

1. TRIAL ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Your 14 day Trial Period will start when you click the “Submit & Confirm” button on our website. You will be responsible to pay Shipping and Handling charges for your first shipment of JolieseTan. If you wish to cancel your order within your Trial Period, simply call 1-866-925-4079 and return your bottle (Even if it´s empty!) within 30 days from canceling and you will not be charged anything other than the shipping and handling fee. If you enjoy JolieseTan, do nothing and at the end of your Trial Period your credit card provided today will be charged $79.92 and you will automatically be enrolled in the JolieseTan Gold Club. This means that in approximately 30 days from the end of your Free Trial Period and every 30 days thereafter, you will be shipped a new 1 month supply of JolieseTan Kit for the low price of just $79.92 per kit with FREE shipping. This is a reoccurring order which is more fully described below in section 2. Remember, you can cancel at any time by contacting our Customer Care Department at 1-866-925-4079 or online at www.joliesetanhelp.com.

• Bl
      10th of Feb, 2010

Buyer beware!!! This company has a financial disclaimer at the bottom of their website. Although the product is shown to be a FREE trial offer, the very tiny print at the bottom of the site stipulates that if you keep this FREE sample for more than 14 days, they will suck $80 from your Credit/debit card that you are required to give them when you order the sample. That is the reason the print is so small and not noticeable. This Free sample will cost you $80.

• Br
      9th of Mar, 2010

READ THE FINE PRINT! I was charged $79.95 today and called the number and they can NOT take the kit back for a refund. I am now out this money. You MUST return the kit within 15 days. I have cancelled and NEVER would have ordered something this expensive. SHAME ON JOLIESE TAN!

• Wh
      31st of Mar, 2010

BILLED 79.95 INSTEAD OF ONLY2.95 FOR REE TRIAL

8th of Apr, 2010

Send a complaint to the Attorney General of Arizona to get your money refunded. I did.

8th of Apr, 2010

also, check your credit or debit card records, sometimes the money has be taken from your account by a company with a name other than JolieseTan...if so, your account was fraudulently charged and your card company should be notified. Paypal, for one, will refund your money within a few days.

4th of May, 2010

I'm sorry that you didn't understand the terms of the trial offer but it is very clear and visible, right on the order page that you have 14 days from the date of purchase to evaluate the product. If you felt that JolieseTan was not for you, then you needed to cancel within 14 days from the date of order to avoid the purchase fee.

4th of May, 2010

I'm sorry that you didn't understand the terms of the trial offer but it is very clear and visible, right on the order page of the website and not hidden or misleading, that you do have to cancel within 14 days of your trial order if you are not satisfied to not incur any additional charges. It also sounds like you didn't even try the product, which is much better than what you will find in any drug store. However, I'm sure that if you call customer support and ask to speak to a supervisor they will get it sorted for you, or you can send an email along with a link to this page to [protected]@joliesetanfree.com

• Or
      18th of May, 2010

i have had trouble trying to get through to joliese tan also to cancel my order. my sign on info would not work and i know it is correct for i wrote it and hung it on my computer. i just cancelled today and the man was friendly as well as understanding but if i get charged 80 bucks i will be filing a complaint for ive been trying to cancel for nearly a week. plus i am literally bright orange and rather have no tan than be orange. more than likely it is due to my pigment.