Joliese Tan / bad business/false advertisement

I ordered jolises self tanner and they told me that it would only cost me $2.95, they lied! to my surprise they took out $79.95 from my account and they never informed me when the money would be taken out of my account. I tried to contact them to try and cancel the order because I had a bad reaction to the product, but they did not supply me with their phone number and a cancelation option on their website. After doinf alot of investigating I finally found their number under a scam website. I called them and they repeated themselves and pretty much told me that I was out of luck and so was my 11 month old baby. Please beware!
Jocelyn Banks
Spokane, WA.

Comments

• Br
      24th of Mar, 2010

I also ordered a FREE trial of Joliese Tanner and the company took 79.95 out of my account without any communication or confirmation from me!! It is a very big scam please beware!!

• K4
      14th of Apr, 2010

We agree, my wife was a victim of them. The company took an identical amount out of our account without authorization. When she called and told them that she checked "NO" they refused to return the money and said tough luck. We have filed a complaint with our C.U. and one of the local TV stations. We also plan to call the B.B.B.

• Li
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I had the same problem with Joliese Tan. I have been charged monthly without my authorization. These free offers are dangerous. There is always some hidden obligations. I challenged this transaction with my credit card company and they have issued me a credit for now. Acontact phone number for this company was impossible to find so when my Credit Card company and myself were on a 3 way call, I was able to get a tole free number. That number is 866-955-7596

• Re
      26th of Apr, 2010
    Joliese Tan - Fraud in trial period
    Joliese Tan

DO NOT ORDER FROM JOLIESE TAN...FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

I ordered this product @ $3.50 for the trial period which was for 14 days. I didn't receive the product til 8 days later. I tried it and it wasn't at all what I was used to. So, two days later I called to cancel. The girl on the phone took my info and told me that I wouldn't be charged for the product. GREAT!

Then I got my bank statement and seen that I was charged $79.92. I tried to call and the number wasn't in service anymore. So, I emailed. I was told that I didn't cancel whithin the trial period, that's why I got charged. Apparently the 14 day trail period starts the day you order. I told them that they should have told the customer that, or changed the trial period to 7 days. After 1 week of arguing, I still was charged. Plus the product was CRAP..I've bought better in a drug store.

4th of May, 2010

I'm sorry that you didn't understand the terms of the offer but it is very clear and visible, right on the order page and not hidden or misleading, that you do have to cancel within 14 days of your trial order if you are not satisfied. Also there is an easily located link to customer care at the bottom of the website home page, a phone number on the order page and a link to the customer care website in your order confirmation email, so nothing is hidden or hard to find. However, I am sorry to hear that the rep you spoke to was not helpful. I am sure that if you call customer support they will get it sorted for you, or you can send an email along with a link to this page to support@joliesetanfree.com

• Ba
      10th of May, 2010
    Joliese Tan - Thay are not canceling my order
    BARBARA MEYER
    4536 w. Nekimi Ave
    Oshkosh
    Wisconsin
    barbie_meyer@charter.net

I sent the product backed, marked canceled, the next month I received a nother one. I dont knowhat to do?????? I cant afford this my Husband lost his job, this is to much money. I want the last 2 payments of my card now. If this does not happend, I will take it to our, TV news and let them deal with you.

Barbara Meyer

• Kh
      10th of May, 2010

why dont you try and call them to cancel? Most places just dont cancel an acct if you send it back.

• Sh
      26th of May, 2010

I had no problem when I wrote and had to cancel my order, as far as I know. They responded right away and there were no further charges on our card. Sad thing is, this is THE best product I have ever tried and I would have continued to buy it were it cheaper. I hope, in time, the product will become more affordable, because as I said...I've used every self-tanning product ever made, and this one is by far the complete best. Their ads were NOT deceptive, at least by my point of view.

• Un
      1st of Jun, 2010

I also have been billed $79.95 for a shipment after authorizing a free trial, paying only shipment costs. I called the toll free number another individual kindly provided in an earlier comment (866-955-7596) and here's the story: The 14 day trial period ended for me 3 days before my call (and before I saw the charge to my account, which was today). Joliese offers to reduce the price of future shipments to about $39.99 when you state that you want to cancel. But the initial shipment cannot be reduced to $39.99 nor refunded. I really cannot afford any amount at this time, and I thought I would have been more careful about the terms of the offer as a result, but now I'm stuck with it and don't even know if I like the product, since I haven't used my sample yet! Even if it's as great as reported, I will think long and hard about buying it at any price.

10th of Jun, 2010

I did not even know about the 14 day trial, as that is not on the page where you order your free trial. I had no idea about it until I got my bank statement, showing a deduction of $79.95. I called them on it and my 14 day trial ended the day before. I cancelled it, but they told me I was out of luck trying to get a refund. It just plain was not going to happen no matter what I said to them. I cannot afford to have this taken out of my account. I thought I was so careful reading the ad before I ordered. But it turns out I couldn't read what wasn't there. Please take this warning and do not have anything to do with this company. It is just a big scam!!

• Pa
      26th of Jul, 2010

you can contact your bank costumer service and they can help you with the hidden or misleading problem.
    wells Fargo help me with that and visa gave me the credit for $79.99...

try to cancel your order after 13 days of free trial... don't do it before because they will charge you with $29.99 of express cancellation ...

They want to get your money of every way available..so be careful.

anyway, this is one of the best self tan product i ever had, sadly one of the most expensive...

hope this help you