join4free / being charged for a free service

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

i signed up to a website to take a peck at some adult material, next thing i know, i'm been charged from 3 different transcations and i'm overdrawn. obviously this companies product is not free and there is no suggestion that it wasn't lost over $180 and i am not happy at all

Comments

• Ge
      26th of Oct, 2008

I agree totaly with you.
    I gave my credit card information to join4free believing them that I could get acces to their pages for free. They told me they only wanted my cc-data to check if I was a real person. This sounded like ### to me but I gave it to them because I did not believe they could use it without my will. But they just did. Today I checked my cc billings and saw that i had payed since 2 month about 49 USD a month. What a pitty that my credit card company allows only to cancel payments whithin 4 weeks. So I am afraid they can keep my first rate. What sort of scammers are that? How is this possible?

So, what did you do against it? Has anyone any hints how to defend against them beside of contacting my cc company?

• Ge
      26th of Oct, 2008

PS:
    join4free youses different pages. The billing is don by www.webjtcharge.com
    On credit card billings they appear as PAY-WEBJTCHARGE

• Th
      10th of Nov, 2008

Ya they make you believe its free. The moral of the story is never ever give your CC info out for stuff that's "free". I gave my cc info, got onto the site, then the first thing I clicked on it came up and said sorry your cc has been declined. I went to my cc website and looked at my prepaid cc account and found that they had attempted to charge me a whopping $49.95! for trying to click on one video! I was so lucky there was only like $25 on my prepaid cc and the transaction was declined (thank god). Make sure you cancel any and all memberships you may have inadvertently signed up for on that god awful site and never go there again!