John's Thistle Auto - Delta, BC / Missing muffler

Canada Review updated:
I took my car in for an estimate to repair the muffler. I tool the owner it's an old car, that I will be selling soon, therefore no expensive repairs. He later called with an estimate that was over my budget. I said to forget the repairs, I will pick up the car. Two days later, took the car to a different outfit only be told that the muffler is completely missing. Called Thistle immediately and asked about it. They explanation was that it must have fallen off. I am totally upset with them, they did not put back on my muffler because I wasn't getting the job done with them.

D  9th of Feb, 2009 by
I just moved to BC from Ontario 10 months ago and John's Thistle Auto was the first place I brought my 3 vehicles. I found they were very honest and did great work. I have since purchased a used vehicle and brought it in for them to take a look at. They discovered that the Catalytic Converter needed to be replaced. Before I forked out over a thousand dollars, they took it upon themselves to call the dealer and check for warranty or recalls. Even though the car was a 2002 with 125 000km on it, they thought to check the warranty status and ended up saving me a grand. I think this goes above and beyond what is expected.

As for your muffler falling off... I wouldn't be surprised. You said yourself it was an old car. Did you not NOTICE the muffler was missing when you left? What did they charge you to look at it?

I could not see John's Thistle Auto ripping off anyone ESPECIALLY by stealing a muffler? I will continue to do business with them and recommend them to anyone looking for good, honest mechanics.