John Lyons Library / Demanding fees for book never received!

1 4 Allen DriveLos Lunas, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 505 864 4859

I joined John Lyons Library and received and paid approximately $25. each for the first two books in their series, Communicating with Cues I and II. When I received the third book about veterinary care I opened it to see what it was and returned it as per contract allowable as I don't want vet books, just training. I called them and canceled the membership (allowable at any time as per contract agreement) because they told me over the phone that they could not selectively send me books from the list and that they couldn't tell me in what order the books would be sent and that if I didn't want them just send them back. I told them that I did not want to pay for postage back and since they didn't indicate outside the package what the book was that I was canceling the membership and to send no further books. They agreed. I confirmed this in writing by mail also. The company continued to send me at least one book more, which I refused and returned unopened as advised by my post office to do so. They continue to ignore my cancellation and send me bills for the refused books and say I owe $25.90 I think for Communicating with Cues III which if they sent it, I never opened (and would have kept since it was a training book) but I had already canceled my membership twice. I continued to reaffirm on each bill that I had canceled my membership and returned any books they continued to send despite my notice. They continue to harass and bill me for the book and write very demeaning letters. I believe they have sent it to a collection agency now as some agency is calling about a debt. I DO NOT HAVE DEBTS. I have excellent credit and as a licensed psychotherapist and it is offensive to me to receive such notices. Don't you think with my professional standing and ethics I would pay if I had the book? This company is absolutely horrendous saying you can cancel any time and not get or have to pay for any more books but they don't honor that and make me spend all this time telling them and they don't listen or answer, just continue to send bills and send it to a collection agency! They have no phone number open their notices, I had to research it on the net to call them and am going to now again. I WILL never do anything with John Lyons or his products again! Calling himself a Christian he (indirectly maybe) harasses people like this and doesn't stand behind his word!

More John Lyons Library Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      18th of Feb, 2008
    John Lyons Library - complaint against John Lyons Library
    Phone: 602 441-4144

I ordered the first book from John Lyons Library and the company cashed my check as soon as they received the check several months ago, but I still have not received my book from the company. I do not have a way to contact the company to issue a complaint, (no information, phone numbers on advertisement they sent). So beware when ordering books from John Lyons Library. If anyone knows how I can contact this company, please let me know. Thanks

19th of Feb, 2008
    John Lyons Library - complaint against John Lyons Library
    The John Lyons Library
    P.O.box 7951
    Westbury
    New York
    www.johnlyonslibrary.com

Beware of this company!! I have tried numerous times to cancel my account with them. They keep sending me nasty letters saying I owe for books that I have not received. The ones I did get I sent back after buying the first one. I was not impressed with his training methods and have since joined the Parelli group. The letters I get have no phone number so I have sent them several letters telling them to cancel my account. I just got another letter today. I'm at my whits end!! I don't know what to do. Any help sure would be appreciated.

• Te
      6th of Mar, 2008

Please if anyone has the phone humber or knows what I can do about this, please let me know. I don't know how I found a phone number in the first place but I can't find it now!

21st of Apr, 2008

I have had issues with them for quite some time. I finally went to the BBB. Just today I got the resolve I wanted. It only took them about a week to get this done. I urge anyone having problems with John Lyons to do the same thing I did.

21st of Apr, 2008

Their customer service phone no. is 877-699-3273.

3rd of Jun, 2008

thank you so much for finding their phone number. because they sure dont read their mail, and they dont leave a phone number anywhere so you can contact them.

thanks again

• Ju
      14th of Jun, 2008

I found this phone number. I'll be trying it on Monday. Same problem as all others with this company. I don't want the books but there doesn't seem to be a way of canceling them. I sent it back 2 months ago and they still are sending me a bill.
    800-424-7887 that appears to be the John Lyon's Library Publisher's number. Like I said, I just found it and will try it on Monday.

30th of Jun, 2008

I too have had trouble stopping the letters for payment on a book I had refused and returned unopened to the Post Office 2 months ago. I was also frustrated that my letters had gone unanswered, and I could not find a phone number to speak to someone. My membership was canceled as I stopped receiving books, but the payment due letters on the refused book continued. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in New York. Since then, I located a number provided on another comment, and was able to resolve the issue today by calling Customer Service for John Lyons Library at 877-699-3273. The agent was very polite and helpful.