John Casablanca Modeling / I worked there - scam

I worked as a talent agent for JC for quite awhile. I'm that person that called you, did your interview and audition, pressured you to buy the training, and sold you all these big stories of success. Guess what? I made a fortune off of you while you got your classes, photo shoot, comp cards and then never did anything else. These offices are owned by different people but sell the same name and story. You can read the reviews from teens who think this gig is great and love their classes. If you are an adult or parent, beware. Once you get pressured into the contract, you cannot cancel. They will put you into collections if you don't pay. They will make harassing phone calls. If you have a child who is interested in the industry, find a reputable talent agent. If you are interested in your child working with Disney, contact them directly. They hold their own auditions. We tell you that we are highly selective, but we take everyone. We hold off calling you, give you the run around to make you feel nervous, so when we finally call to say you are accepted, you feel special and that you just have to take this opportunity. Employees of JC are easily terminated if they don't make enough sales. Please, save your time and money. Seek out professional representation.

De

Comments

• Re
      3rd of Jun, 2016

When my daughter signed up for a free interview, she was called. The interview was bogus-- a lot of "yes" and "no" questions instead of trying to get to know my daughter. And although we were told she wouldn't have to pay if she decided she didn't want classes, she was STRONGLY encouraged to go to the school. When we said no, I literally had to stand up and walk out of there, the sales pitch became very strong. Since then we have been called periodically asking to interview. When I complained, they said that it was an accident. 10 calls -- I THINK NOT!! I am on the border of reporting them to someone due to harrassment.

• Wa
    John Casablanca Modeling - Scam
    John Casablanca Modeling

My husband and I thought it might be fun to enroll our cute baby in modeling. We thought seeing her on a diaper box or baby food advertisement. We were promised auditions if we paid $565.00 to John Casablanca Modeling. We got no a single call from them after we paid the money.

• Jb
    John Casablanca Modeling - Scam
    John Casablanca Modeling

I worked as a talent agent for JC for quite awhile. I’m that person that called you, did your interview and audition, pressured you to buy the training, and sold you all these big stories of success. Guess what? I made a fortune off of you while you got your classes, photo shoot, comp cards and then never did anything else. These offices are owned by different people but sell the same name and story. You can read the reviews from teens who think this gig is great and love their classes. If you are an adult or parent, beware. Once you get pressured into the contract, you cannot cancel. They will put you into collections if you don’t pay. They will make harassing phone calls. If you have a child who is interested in the industry, find a reputable talent agent. If you are interested in your child working with Disney, contact them directly. They hold their own auditions. We tell you that we are highly selective, but we take everyone. We hold off calling you, give you the run around to make you feel nervous, so when we finally call to say you are accepted, you feel special and that you just have to take this opportunity. Employees of JC are easily terminated if they don’t make enough sales. Please, save your time and money. Seek out professional representation.

• Mi
      16th of Jul, 2016

Thank you for the information. I hope parents considering JC take heed.