John Ashford shirts / Poor Quality of product

1 Auburn, MA, United States Review updated:

I bought 6 John Ashford long-sleeve shirts at Macy's right after Thanksgiving for a new job. I should have suspected something since they were on sale for $9.99 each. I wore each shirt once and then washed per directions. When I went to wear them a second time each sleeve was almost a 1/4 inch shorter! I thought maybe I washed them improperly and it caused them to shrink. However, in the same washload I washed 2 new Calvin Kline shirts and they came out fine. The sleeves are still at their original length. These Ashford shirts are now garbage or something I can only wear under a sweater. The poor quality of these shirts are an embarassment. I will also be taking this up with Macy's.

Comments

• Be
      27th of Feb, 2011

I purchased a John Ashford shirt for my son which was one of only two things he wanted for Christmas. It is now the end of Feb, and the fabric at the neck is coming away from the inner facing. I paid good, hard earned money and this is the quality I get? However, my first mistake was buying something made in Bangledesh. I should have known better. Next time I purchase a shirt I will first, check to make sure it is made in the USA and second, it does not have the John Ashford name on it!!