Joe's Inn Restaurant - Richmond, VA / It's worst then a rip off!

On October 14,2006 around 7:30 P.M, I took my daughter and my Grandson to Joe's Inn for dinner. I do not get out often. The last time I was at Joe's Inn was about 2 to 3 years ago or more, I am not sure of the date. At that time they served tasty large portions. The Spaghetti A La Greek Pasta included feta, provolone and romano cheese, it was chuck full of melted cheese and covered with lot's of sauce, the salads were full of lot's of feta cheese, along with tomatoes, hot peppers, olives, anchovies, and other goodies besides lettuce and a house dressing. The service was at that time OK. I was looking forward to a tasty dinner, with my family. It turned out to be a disaster. The service was awful. Our server Anna, was very rude. She answered our questions as she passed our table, had a wise guy attitude, also failed to provide a place setting for my grandchild. I asked for salad first and when we finished to bring the spaghetti, the spaghetti arrived five minutes later. It got cold while it sat there. When we tried the spaghetti, it did not have enough sauce, the sauce was on top only, the whole dish was white spaghetti and there was only a tiny bit of melted cheese in this dish, it was a disaster. I called the waitress over and she was extremely rude. I asked for the manager, Mari, she was more then rude. I asked if we could at least have some extra sauce, I was told it would cost extra money, I pointed out that the spaghetti was white, and was told sauce was on top, I said it was not enough to cover the spaghetti to really enjoy it. The manager could care less, she said too bad, that's it. To top it off the cheeseburger I ordered for my grandson came as a burnt hamburger with no cheese. It was like a rock. I then asked for the owners, Michael and Marie Kafariteris. I was told they were not there, however the man that owned the restaurant was there, he apparently sold the restaurant to his children Mr & Mrs. Kafariteris. He was belligerent about the whole thing when he came by our table as I told him what was going on. He said you ordered the meal and you have to pay for it period. The kicker was that besides the awful service and the horrible food. Food, that I would not even serve to my dog, the menu states all pasta entrees are served with a garden salad or side dish, we never received that either. You know when you don't go out that often and when you do you look forward to a wonderful meal with your family. Well to say the least, it turned out to be a horrible scene. It was sad for us,especially my 3 1/2 year old grandson viewing this whole sad scene. When one is looking forward to having a good meal with ones family, arriving in good spirits, are paying customers, expecting good service and good food, It's a tremendous turn off to get the opposite. What we got was awful service and horrible food. We were very disappointed, sad and my blood pressure went up way too high. Please do not patronize Joe's Inn, in Richmond VA. It's worst then a rip off, no one cares about you in this place. The food and service was one of the worst restaurant experience I have ever had.

Restaurant details:

Joe's Inn , 205 N. Shields Avenue , Richmond , VA. 23220

Ma

Comments

• Re
      9th of Mar, 2009

I think that Joe's Inn has great food at great prices. Given that it is staffed by college students and is ussually attended by locals, you can't expect a quiet, fine dining experience. In fact one of the things I love most about Joe's Inn is the hustle and bustle of the restaurant. There is a warm and eclectic atmosphere that brings you back to when the restaurant was first opened. It reminds us that you are eating in a historic urban setting. You should have taken you're grandkids to Carytown! It also seems really strange that the entire staff was rude. That usually happen when customers start out with a bad attitude, perhaps you should think about how you approached the whole situation in the first place.

2nd of Nov, 2009

Sounds like your typical cheap, old lady who wants everything for free just bc she drove all the way from Chesterfield to "the big ole city!!!"

Do us all a favor lady - stick to Applebees over the river and stop taking seats away from REAL people who actually matter.

• Ug
      11th of May, 2010

i wouldn't normally go there, but it's so blatent... red, how long have you worked at Joe's? As a server, I hardly ever sympathize with the complianer, but seriously... c'mon, red...how long?

• Em
      19th of Nov, 2010

I eat there every Saturday. I find it interesting that you say you never got your side item or salad, yet complained that your spaghetti got cold while you finished your salads. Im sorry, I have to agree with Red. If you don't get out much, maybe your overall expectations when you do are just a little too high... If you five star service and timing, go to a five star establishment. Not the neighborhood all day breakfast joint.

• Bo
      4th of Apr, 2011

The service and food sucks. This place was good at one time but has gone down hill. If you cannot give the person a little more sauce, why be in business? The last time I ate there was the very last time! Save yourself from bad food and service and go some other place!