Joe's Crab Shack / the service and food

1 Austin, TX, United States Review updated:

As we were seated at our table we waited for quite sometime before we were even approached for drinks and appetizers. We weren't given any silverware and rarely checked on once we actually received our drinks and app.. After our meals came, everyone said the food was okay, because it was fried, except for the King Crab Legs. We actually paid $30. for legs that I was shocked the waitress's manager even let her serve! I love working for a good crab leg but when there is no meat what is the point! The Claw, compared to my fork, was about half the size of the prongs and each of the joint were even smaller. The meat that came out, was about the size of a nickel! This is rediculous! This was such a waste of money, and Joe's Crab Shack is a total rip off, that company obviously doesn't care and is going downhill.

So

Comments

• Li
      11th of Feb, 2011

Went to Crab Shack in OKC, South. Was very very disappointed. Prices sure went up for one. Got seated at table(server probably thought i was drunk, but was suffering from low blood sugar) ordered a COKE(for blood sugar, thank goodness had a candy bar) it took about 10 minutes to receive Cokes(from different server cause ours was to busy), when i received Coke, placed order immediately. It took a longggggggggg time for food to arrive, which i should mention was way over cooked(Chef Ramsey would have been irate), when we got our food i asked for some ketchup for fries and the waitress(Sarah) gave me a bottle that had about 2 squirts in it. Went up and got more. Then at the end the manager asked(who saw everything that happened, cause she was the one who sent over the COKE boy, asked how everything was. We told her we were dissatisfied. She said what can i do to make this right? We just asked for bill(why should we tell her how to make it right????) Couldn't find anyone to pay for a LONG time. Finally got out of there and will NOT be back. Hopefully, some hire up people will try and check on this kind of service.

• Ka
      19th of Apr, 2011

Went to Crab Shack this past Saturday all of the servers, where dancing in and out of the isles, who was minding the store? From thier commercial, their crab pots look full from top to bottom, beware they are not their is a plate that sits in the middle of the pot to make it look like you are getting a whole pot of food, but in actually you're not. What a rip off this place is I would not recommend it to anyone, oh the location where I went was in Lawrenceville, NJ also very small place.

• Di
      17th of Mar, 2012

joes crab shack in oceanside ny served me the worst fried sea food ther breading is extremely salty and very spicy and there crab legs are very thin and not worth the workto remove the meat

• Me
      8th of Jul, 2012

i went to the crab shack downtown San Antonio on the river walk..it was hoorible...waited an hour to get n and be seated(mind you there where 500 other places to eat) but i really wanted to eat there never had it but the commercail make it look so good... When my husband and I finally got a table..we sat down and about 15 mins later the manger came up to us and asked us if we had been helped...(which we hadent) so the frist waiter he sees..he grabs him and said this is your table..The waiter Rookie didnt seem to interested in helping us...we palced are ordered right away...Mr Roockie...was soooooo rude and didnt seem like he liked his job and very distracted ...no eye contact at all...the frist drink i tried to order the frozen drink machine was down..so he told me they had a popin rocks margratia..so i told him i would take one...wht do u no bout 15 mins later he brought it out no popin rocks they waqs out...also out of butter...how u gonna be out of butter????????overall sever reallyy super rude...food wayyyyy spicy...didnt have half of wht was on the menu...and when i reported it to the manger he was as rude as the waiter...wth..i drove over a hour to get ### serves and nothing tht i wanted...never again...i give this place a 2 out of ten...

• Ok
      15th of Aug, 2012

I like the Joe's Crab Shack in Georgia State; my favorite to order is 'The Big Hook Up'... When I went back to Oklahoma City, I was excited to try the Joe's Crab Shack. I noticed the services are really quite very slow. It's not really as busy compared to Georgia; we waited over 15 minutes and finally I went to the cashier and told her that we never get help yet; so she went and told the young guy to served us. I noticed the price in Okc is a little bit higher compared to Georgia. Anyway, I still ordered my favorite 'The Big Hook Up' & I still like it especially the big Fried Crunchy Fish!... After 2 1/2 wks w/c is today, I was craving for the 'Big Hook Up' again... I decided to take it 'ToGo'. I went to: 1508 SW 74th St Okc 73159. I gave $2.00 tip to the waitress, I thought she's nice. I went home, open the ToGo box and found very very disappointed. The fish they put for 'ToGo' is an ordinary breaded fish! I can have this kind of fish in 'Long John Silver' for lesser $. The french fries are so awful! All the left over crumbs of the batter, they put it inside the ToGo box! My goodness! I never seen how bad is the cooking of OKC Joe's Crab Shack! No phone # on the receipt to complain... No wonder they don't have much customers! I am very very much disappointed, never will I recommend JOE'S in OKC! Never will I come back!!! :( - seeing 'The Big Hook Up' was being cooked here in OKC makes my appetite change!!! :((

• Po
      18th of Mar, 2013

I went to Joe's in Clearwater Fla. Friday night with my wife and grandmother and the kitchen manger and I had a misunderstanding which was fine. But when he found out he was wrong his apology was not manger worthy he was still trying to get his point across. Thanks to our waitress Angela we even stayed she the reason we even come 5-6 times a month. After all the new management I doubt if we will be coming back any time soon and we defiantly will not be spending our weekends their as much.

• Ta
      18th of Mar, 2013

Your apology was "not manager worthy" what does that mean?