Joe Young Law / Elder abuse and taking advatage

1 7956 Painter aveWhitier, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5629476940

Comments

12th of Mar, 2009

I met with 3 people. There were 2 elderly ladies and one young women. I was retained to handle the young women's DUI case. The women requested a Saturday appointment. Our office is closed on Saturday and when I arrived, I realized I had forgotten my keys. I offered to leave and come back but they just wanted to talk so we did that.

They decided they wanted me to handle the case and I agreed to do so. They paid me a small down payment and nothing further. After having the case for about one month, the young women said she could not afford to move forward and I sent a refund on 1/2 of the $400 down payment.

Joe Young
    Attorney At Law

27th of Apr, 2009

Has anyone filed a disciplinary complaint against this lawyer? The disciplinary commission would love to hear from you.

1-800-843-9053 Attorney Complaint Hotline

Here is the website: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10179&id=1139

27th of Apr, 2009

I totally agree and will be filing a disciplinary complaint with state bar.

After checking, it appears he has only be practicing for 2 year and claims to have 6 offices with multiple attorneys and that's not true. He takes your money then neglects your case and has rude staff that run interference for him.

13th of May, 2009

Well, first let me just say...I am very sorry for all of you, here, that I have read your complaints. The only one I DO NOT agree with, up above, is Mr. Joe Young trying to defend himself about "refunding" the old lady's money back. Frankly, you should refund all our money, then that way you won't have any more bad karma.

Joe, I sure hope you will read this one, because you have just created more bad karma coming your way buddy!

Last year, 2008, I hired Mr. Young to handle my DUI. He came to my work, listened to my story, and well assured me that he could win my case for me. He always had different "lawyer's" showing up to represent me, never himself, and these people had tattoo's, tennis shoes that looked like they've been worn for years, wearing night dinner purses while standing in front of the judge with me by their side. I must have had 4-5 different, proclaimed lawyers, representing me. Also, whenever I felt uncomfortable with something, I would call Mr. Young, and he always was giving me different phone numbers, then other people would answer them saying it wasn't his phone number, and he seemed to be always sick and in the emergency room.

Joe wanted $1800.00 for him to handle my case, and one good thing that came out of it, was he was willing to take payments if I couldn't come up with a large amount. Upfront, I gave him 500.00 to get him started. And at first, he seemed to be very motivating with me. He gave me the impression that he was going to fight for me...well, boys and girls, don't believe for one second! This guy works a "circus" act.

What I had to do first was, fire Joe. There was a balance I owed at the time of $250.00. He wasn't concerned on why I was firing him, even though I did send him a letter explaining why, all he cared about was that little $250.00 coming his way. Oh by the way, I never talked to him ever again except for his rude people that always would have different names all the time calling me. I received letters regarding my balance and I sent another back to him, after a while pasted, I received another statement from them. Someone wrote on it, "excused from Joe", but no signature. Now, I am received a call yesterday (5/11/09) out of nowhere from some woman (ELLEN) that really needs to stop smoking, that is telling me I need to call them TODAY to pay my balance or it's going to collections. Previously, I told Ellen that if they want to attack my credit in these days of hard times for a small amount after being fired for not fighting for me, then they can take me to small claims and I would be more than happy to tell the judge how this "IDIOT" scams innocent people out of money. Besides, I don't think $250.00 will "break" Mr. Young’s pocket.

By the way, Joe I hope your reading this! I went out of this county and into another got a professional lawyer and WON my case! Take that you piece of "low life"! I don't expect you being in money making business very much longer.

I WILL BE CALLING THE "ATTORNEY COMPLAINT HOTLINE" ON THIS GUY TODAY!

• La
      3rd of Jun, 2009

None of your complaints will be taken seriously. Just because you don't get the result you want, does not mean you failed to be represented. From what I see, the fees paid were minimal and finding an attorney who would allow such small deposits and payments for services is a gift.

This is especially true for the first complaint. I can't believe you are complaining when you received a full refund! Are you kidding me! Find better use of your time for Pete sake!

4th of Jun, 2009

Law Student - I think you are missing the bigger picture. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire. Joe Young has only been practicing law for 2 years, and yet several of his clients have taken the time and made the effort to file complaints against him. There are hundreds, if not thousands of attorneys in Orange County with far more experience who do not carry the baggage that Mr. Young appears to have accumulated in just 2 short years of practice. Why would anyone hire Mr. Young when they could hire a more experienced attorney without a slew of client complaints or pending state bar investigations?

5th of Jun, 2009

Joe Young is currently under investigation by the State Bar of Arizona for practicing law in the state of Arizona without an Arizona law license. The investigation has been going on for several months. In most states, unauthorized practice of law is a criminal offense. THIS IS FALSE NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU

5th of Jun, 2009

JOE YOUNG LAW is a full service law firm located in Los Angeles, California. Although we practice in all areas of the law, Joe Young Law specializes in criminal defense and is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California.

Attorney Joe Young will take your call at your request.
    TOLL-FREE PHONE
    (800) 968-9930

5th of Jun, 2009

What I really meant to say that I agree with Law Student; that working with Joe Young is a gift.

5th of Jun, 2009

Me too. I didn't mean all those terrible things I said about Joe like "He is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!". Did I really say "Joe Young is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!".? If I did, please know that that THIS IS FALSE NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU.

11th of Jun, 2009

************************ ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ALL JOE YOUNG COMPLAINER'S **********************

As you can see up above at the MALE, "A CHEATED CLIENT OF MR. JOE YOUNG", I think someone from his office is doing this for him, or himself. There is NO WAY that I wrote that statement. This just show's, more, how croocked he is, and his staff! How freak'in funny is that!

Please read my other statement towards the "Law Student".

Well, Miss "Law Student"

I'm so happy she got her money back, 'cause she should have received it with no argument, and Mr. Young should have never acted on anyone the way he did to this elderly woman in the first place! My god, would you do it to your own Mother, let me guess...YOU PROBABLY WOULD, DUE TO YOU TRYING TO BECOMING A “LAWYER!”

Do you believe in "crooks?" I guess you do, because you’re a law student studying on how to "rip" innocent people off just like Joe Young did. That's all we need is another piece of @#$! lawyer taking our money and screwing up more laws. Let me give you a piece of STRONG advise...go find another career, 'cause you’re sure going to fail this one...BAM!!!

Also, if you're so "hung" up on just the first case up above, look at all the one's below it. Why don’t you "find better use of your time for PETE SAKE!"

From: A Cheated Client of Mr. Joe Young

12th of Jun, 2009

"Joe Young is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California."

This is actually from his web page. It's hard to believe that in just 2 years of being a lawyer, he is the #1 DUI attorney is all of Southern California. Either Mr. Young is lying, or he is responsible for putting more drunk drivers back on the road than any other attorney in Southern California.

So which is it Mr. Young; are you a liar, or a slimeball?

14th of Jun, 2009

"Joe Young is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California."

So which is it Mr. Young; are you a liar, or a slimeball?

14th of Jun, 2009

My 88 yr old Mother went to help a young girl that cares for her, The young girl got a DUI and this Attorneys sent a letter to her for buisness, they called he meet them in his parking lot and took a ck from my mother for $400.00 to retain him, they never intered is office he then sent them an agreement that they did not sign now they won't give the money back and are playing games with them they have nothing signed and have done nothing and will not return the money They should be reported to someone.

14th of Jun, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT JOE YOUNG IS A RIP-OFF. HE WAS HIRED TO REPRESENT MY BROTHER IN A 2ND DEGREE BUGULARY CASE. He did nothing to represent my brother and my brother was found guility. We had several court dates, which he himself appeared at 3 of the 12-13 dates, and each time after that he would have a different attorney show up and say that they are now handling the case. The next month we would have another court date and it would be a different attorney and they would say that the previous attorney is no longer with the firm. Joe had initially told us if he was not living up to our expectations to notify him immediately. Each time we would call him to address our concerns, he was never available and his staff would tell us that he was busy doing a trial. My response was is he too busy to return a client's phone call. He would never return calls and his staff is very rude. All they are concerned about is getting your money. We paid for him to represent my brother and all he ever did was send different attorney in. I believe these are attorney's that he contract with and just pay them to show up in court for the day to continue the case. We had asked that a motion be filed on behalf of my brother to strike a strike that he was facing. Because we owed Joe a balance of $300.00, he said that he doubts that it will be done and that "if we want things done right we need to pay the balance" and he hung up the phone on us. We never had intentions not to pay him, we just simply wanted things done, which he was not willing to do. We paid Joe $8, 000 for him to do absolutely nothing. Everything was empty promises, he promise to see my brother while he was incarcerated to discuss the case, he never showed up. I urge you to please beware of this attorney and his "firm". NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU.

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

The ONLY way to stop this type of behavior is to file a complaint with the disciplinary commission, they WILL reprimand or suspend him and possible make him return a portion of your fees, etc. They DO take these things seriously and the poster earlier who stated otherwise is probably Joe Young himself or his assistant attempting to mislead you otherwise. -- They CRAWL UP AN ATTORNEYS BEHIND WHEN THEY GET A LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT AND JOE YOUNG KNOWS THIS.

The disciplinary commission would love to hear from you.

1-800-843-9053 Attorney Complaint Hotline

• Di

15th of Jun, 2009

Complaints can be sent directly to Joe. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

joeyoung@joeyounglaw.com

16th of Jun, 2009

What do clients have to say about Joe Young Law...

"I TOTALLY AGREE THAT JOE YOUNG IS A RIP-OFF."

"So people, take it from me and the other innocent victims up above, DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY A PENNY! He is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!"

"I WILL BE CALLING THE "ATTORNEY COMPLAINT HOTLINE" ON THIS GUY TODAY!"

"I urge you to please be aware of this attorney and his "firm"."

"He would never return calls and his staff is very rude. All they are concerned about is getting your money."

• Ab
      18th of Sep, 2009

Why don't you just stop breaking the law and you'll have nothing to worry about. What a thought, huh???