joe pezzuto law firm / will not work with me to settle

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I HAVE A DEBT FROM HOUSEHOLD BANK IN THE AMOUNT OF $5000.00 AND SOME MORE. I HAVE BEEN MAKING REGULARLY PAYMENTS NOW MY BALANCE IS $2344.01. I HAVE NOT BEEN WORKING SINCE THE BEGINING OF MARCH 09. I HAVE TO UNDERGO SURGERY MY LAST PAYMENT WAS IN APRIL 30TH 09. WHEREAS WHEN I CALLED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY PAYMENT FOR MAY AND JUNE THEY WERE VERY RUDE (SUPERVISOR) TO ME, SHE TOLD ME TO GET THE MONEY BORROW FROM SOMEONE TO TRY AND SETTLE FOR $1500.00. I TOLD HER THAT SHE SHOULD NOT TELL WHERE TO GET MONEY FROM, SHE THEN SLAMMED THE PHONE IN MY EAR.

Sa

Comments

• Wh
      12th of Jan, 2010

Be warned about Pezzuto--I was. There is so much already on the internet about these collection people hiding out in Arizona, from where they can harass people who are going through rough times. They will lie to you, threaten you, and most of it is just bull. Hold your ground, and if you really owe something to a credit card company that has sold the account to them, they will settle for very small payments once they realize you are not scared by their unethical tactics. Keep asking for a supervisor when you don't get the answer you want, and they will switch you to another measly collector but if you go through enough of them you will eventually get any answer you want. They are idiots.

• Gi
      16th of Sep, 2010

I am having the same problem with them. I owe the money for a credit card bill but I don't owe what they say I owe. They threatened to take everything I have. I tried to set up payments with them and told them what I could afford and they said, "I'm sorry but we can not accept that" and then preceeded to tell me that if I did not send $400 a month then they would have to proceed with legal action. I told them that I was trying to work with them to pay this off and they kept saying well it does not sound like to me that you are wanting to clear this up. They even told me that I had better get the money somewhere, from a family member or co-worker and pay them within 24 hours or they would proceed with further legal actions. These people are crazy... I hope they really can't do anything.