joe myers toyota / used car (lemon)

United States, Texas, Houston Review updated:
joe myers toyota
jersey village
I bought a used mitbushi lancer from these people in 4/06 with a $500.00 downpayment. the woman in the used car dept and her manager was so nice but i didn't realize when i was test driving car as her manager was just running his mouth that the air condition and radio was on. once i got home that night with the car and cut the radio off, i notice a loud/scraping noise under the hood. the next day when i called them to bring the car in, no one would return my calls.

once, i spoke to jerry rocco, general manager about this matter he said that he didn't know anything. he later called me back to say that the used car manager, mr skillings said that the car was Broken and it was my car now. so i needed to get it fix the best way i can. jerry rocco said that i did not have a (3) three day grace period and car is as is. if i tried to come on his property to return car he would have police arrest me and put repossession on my credit.

these crooked folks later came back and repo'd car in two weeks. refused to give me my money back and took me to court for "FRaud" charges they brought on ME!!! when they are the ones that purposely selling Lemon/Katrina cars and ripping off women, elderly, and lower income folks. i have complained on this company with texas attorney general, better business bureau and called the radio station that advertises for them. the radio announcer (dj) said that they didn't want to stop joe myers from advertising because it was a big sponsor of his program. i asked him if he felt any obligation to his callers or audience for allowing a "Scam artist" like this company to prey on us. the dj said it was the owner's responsibility.

i am unable to sue now due to funds are low . but, i tell everyone i meet or but in folks conversation to warn them not to go anywhere around "Joe Myers Toyota" on 290 and eldridge in jersey village.

A  13th of Dec, 2011 by
Hello, I am one of your customer. I have recently purchased a 2011(used) camry.(On November, 21st, 2011). It was my second car purchase from Joe Myers. First one was 2010 new corolla (last year). Since I was your satisfied customer. I have chosen you again.
Unfortunately, this time I can not say " I am satisfied with their bussiness. " If you would like to learn Why?
I have 3 reasons;
1st reason:
I got this car with one key without initial info. I saw you have some cars which have information tags on them. The tag inform you that the car has only one key. When I saw my car there was not a tag the sales person(W.Lomax) did not inform me about that. After I signed all papers and purchased the car I learned that the car has only one key. I asked him to provide me an extra key but he said that he could not do it.
After that moment there was nothing to do that for me. This is unacceptable for me. I am paying $17.500 for a car but there is no extra key. It is not enough for the dealer, I need to pay more money to get an extra key. It is funny for me!!! Is this really big deal???
2nd reason: Ok. I understand you don`t want to lose money. You don`t want to give anything for free. I know because at least you will waste one of the blank key. It costs at least $50. For this reason I found a same exact blank (uncut)key(including remote) from internet for $43. I just thought you could copy it as free for me and e-mail Mr.Lomax about it on Wed, Dec 7, 2011. I did not get any response then e-mailed again today.But, I did not get response again then I called Mr. Lomax for this reason. But he said that he could not do anything about that. He said that I have to go to service dep and pay for it.
If you think it is acceptable for you I would say nothing. Is this a very big deal to make a copy of key for your customer .

3rd reason:
Back tires;
We already discussed about it with Mr. Lomax. He tried to help me but I did not get any solution other than spending money. I bought this car because it is almost new (2011) and I was expecting not to spend additional money for this car. The reason why I accepted to pay $17, 500.00. But, to have a good condition in my car I need to change my car`s 2 tires right after I bought the car  Again it is funny for me.
What is the problem about tires?
My camry is making too much noise from the backside. Service department told me that, the noise is because of back tires. The back tires are not good. They passed from inspection but their insides are kind of wavy. Especially on the highway with high speed the noise level is too much and it feels scary and not comfortable.
A  6th of Dec, 2012 by
This company is horrible in every way. Service, price, and quality stay away from here you will be sorry. And stuck thousands of dollars in debt with a vehicle that will not last. And the "warranties" are fake. You pay for it then when you take the car in they will inform you they can not work on it!! STAY AWAY FROM JOE MYERS TOYOTA!