Jobplacementpro / Bogus employment site

VT, United States Review updated:
4.3

All of these ads are bogus and the site should be shut down. They ask for email addresses of references and nobody asks for this on a true application. Also during the initial questions they ask if you want info on insurance and how to improve your credit score. No one asks these things. If any of the ads are real the poor company paying these idiots are loosing money and getting no true candidates for the jobs. How do we get this site shutdown????

Byron Roberts

Comments

Ra
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I sent a resume to a job posting on Craigslist.com and got an immediate reply email telling me that I needed to apply for the job through jobplacementpro.com. I started to fill out the application, but noticed that they didn't request a home phone number at all, but rather a cell phone number. They also requested the name of the company that is my cell phone carrier which is the red flag that I needed to prompt me to do a little research on this company.

I don't know why on earth a potential employer would need to know who your cell phone carrier is!
Tt
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same experience on two different craigslist job postings. I agree with you, these people are getting information for another purpose other than what they say. I'm sure they are making money somehow on the applications otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time. I vote to have them shut down so that honest people have a real source to find jobs. It's frustrating for everyone involved!
Ma
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Every response I have made to every ad on Craigslist comes with an immediate e-mail to fill out the same form asking for cell phone and carrier. There are some questions that they ask for a sales promotion for higher education and insurance. You have to make sure you mark them no. But my complaint is that there was an ad for an accounting clerk. It had an address to click on but it was not highlighted. Usually if it is not
highlighted or in a different color, you can not click on it, which tells me that it is not a good address. The
address was http//jobplacementpro?-74206. It is hard enough and aggrevating enough trying to find a good job without someone trying to scam you on top of everything else.
As
  17th of Nov, 2008
I, too, found this bogus company through craigslist. When I immediately got an auto-generated reply to my initial email inquiry I knew something was up. I checked the online application from the following website: jobplacementpro.com and it looks entirely unprofessional. That's when I decided to do some research and found several other complaints. In a time when the economy is so bad and people are desperately searching for work, we run into scams. Happy Job Hunting and Always do your research!
Sw
  2nd of Dec, 2008
CRAIGSLIST AND JOBPLACEMENTPRO IS FAKE AND SUCKSSSSSS!!!
Sc
  25th of Aug, 2009
I'm on a personal cusade to shut down these scam sites. Seriously, I'm contacting lawyers, and doing as much research as I can to physically go after these low-life scums who are preying on the desperate job seekers trying to put food on their tables.

Here's the biggest clue...DO NOT reply to anything on craigslist (or any other job seeker site) that has a GMAIL account as the reply-to address. Google has a gmail script that can be set up to send an applicant an "auto reply" to "invite them" them to a remote application site such as this one. I've seen several different ones in my travels while searching for work.
DON'T FALL FOR IT!... Do reserach...suspect EVERYTHING you come across on these sites, and make sure they are legitimate before you reply to an ad. You will save yourself a lot of stress and headaches in the end. Trust me.