JobNab / how do I remove my info

I received the same email you are all talking about but I have already completed the additional info on JOBNAB... my problem is, how do I get my info off their site??? I do not want all my details floating around being sold from one to another... Please help!

More JobNab Complaints & Reviews

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2010

First, sorry I'm just now seeing this complaint. We've been doing so much lately that I've been otherwise occupied.

Our main priority at JobNab is to help you find a job; and we don't need anything more than the common information that is on a standard resume to accomplish that goal. We neither need nor collect sensitive personal information such as social security or credit card numbers.

To pay for our services the site does contain advertisements from the same advertisers who work with all other online job boards. However, responding to these advertisements is completely voluntary and does not in any way affect your application with any of our employers.

If you have any other questions, or would like me to help you remove your resume from our database, please contact me via email at pr @ jobnab dot com.

• Js
      24th of Mar, 2010

What's the point of this complaint actually? I don't see what email you're talking about. I got all worried when I saw that this site had a complaint against it, but it doesn't look like it amounts to much at all.

15th of Apr, 2010

In the future, if you need assistance using our website or applying for a position with the company you can post on a Facebook page we specifically set up to openly deal with technical or customer support issues.

If you have a question or concern, post it on our wall and we will respond within one business day.

Thank you for your desire to find out more about JobNab.

Thank you.

9th of Jun, 2010

I tried to get unsubscribed from this scam outfit, their unsubscribe link doesn't work, They're just a bunch of scammers

9th of Jun, 2010

John,

I'm sorry you had difficulty with the unsubscribe link. If you could, please let me know what link it was you clicked on so that I may investigate the matter further.

In the meantime, please send an email to [protected]@internet-company.com with your name and phone number, and we will be sure to unsubscribe you from our mailing lists.

I hope that helps.

JobNab PR

6th of Jul, 2010

CRAP CRAP CRAP - there IS no internet company called Job Nab - not really anyway. It's one person phishing and a giant scam! GIANT! I "worked" with them for two weeks. IT'S CRAP! Do not e-mail them! They will use your info like you would not believe. Contact the Better Business Bureau and your local Police if you fond your information being abused.

7th of Jul, 2010

Yvonne, I'm sorry to say that your information is absolutely false. If you look up the definition of "phishing" you will see that it's a ruse where one company pretends to be another and trick you into entering your secure information into a cloned site. For instance if you receive an email that purports to be eBay and asks you to enter your login information so that they can steal it and access your eBay account. We obviously do not do that.

JobNab is a division of The Internet Company. Our site can be viewed at www.jobnab.com. We are a job matching service that offers users a targeted list of open jobs in their chosen field. We do not require anything beyond standard contact information. We do not collect sensitive information such as social security numbers. We simply do not need them to do our job.

I hope that clears up your confusion.

7th of Jul, 2010

No, THIS will clear it up ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RN-MfY9EUE

And This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjtIoWL8mhM

Oh - and this one after a 6 month investigation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfuC7IbVdE

• St
      12th of Jul, 2010

Yeah I can't deactivate my account either. What's going on?

• St

Yeah I can't deactivate my account either >:/

12th of Jul, 2010

@Starstorm - If you want to stop receiving communication from us, you can follow the unsubscribe or stop options available on all of our messages. Or, you can email a request to [protected]@internet-company.com.

@Yvonne - Those reports are really no different than the first one you cited. Someone who did not fully understand our system made the wrong assumptions, reported those assumptions to the news station, and the reporter filed a report that really makes no conclusions other than these people are upset.

I hope that helps you both.

13th of Jul, 2010

It doesn't but thanks for trying.

• Ph
      19th of Sep, 2010

Why would a reputable company like yours run its Technical help, etc., through Face Book?

You are full of it and the reporter's conclusion is beware of your company.

20th of Sep, 2010

Facebook is the largest site on the Internet. As a technology company, we readily embrace new technologies such as Facebook. It is a communication tool and merely represents one aspect of how we communicate to our user base. We have learned that customers will decide which method they want to use to communicate with us, we are simply offering another avenue for them to do so through our Facebook page. It has proved very popular and most users seem very satisfied with it. We do have the traditional method of email through our contact page as well as monitoring sites such as this one for issues as well.

I hope that helps.

• Tr
      20th of Sep, 2010

why dont you have real contact info like a phone number to call.weird

21st of Sep, 2010

We do. 407-406-5894

• Sc
      27th of Oct, 2010

Not only is this business a total scam, they are evil! They collect your info by hiring unemployed people as "agents", pay them peanuts...sometimes, I guess when they feel like it. I did some checking myself seeings how I live down the street in Orlando from this so called business. I found out they have been rated the worst possible rating by the Orange County FL BBB. I called JobNab and the supervisor replied to me that Disney World isn't listed with the BBB either and that it costs $4000 a year to be listed. I then proceeded to call the BBB and they said "That is a lie". It does not cost that much. Laws are made because of people like this doing business and this scam is perfect reason of why. They circumnavigate the laws by hiring a third party and pay Monster.com, snagajob.com, ect to gain access to the resumes of people that post theses sites. After finding this out I promptly reported this agency to the Attorney Generals Office of Florida AND the Federal Trade Commission for running a "deceptive business practice". I have it my way, they will all become part of the homeless problem in Orlando, or better yet in Federal Prison for 10-25 years. Your day is coming JobNab, you better enjoy it while you can!

27th of Oct, 2010

I'm sorry, but your information is woefully incorrect. The "Agents" you refer to are Job Scouts who are hired to locate open positions in their assigned market and post those openings into the JobNab system. Scouts are paid a commission of the fees users pay to access the full contact details for that job.

The most common reason for the complaints we receive from the handful of scouts who claim that they are not being paid is that they have earned no commissions. This is typically because they did not post the recommended number of jobs, posted the jobs incorrectly, or otherwise did not follow the directions covered in training. Some also express surprise that the job is commission after a few weeks on the job, although that's covered at every stage of orientation and training and appears in most public forums about the job.

Scouts who earn commissions are paid every two weeks like clockwork.

As was probably explained to you on the phone, the Better Business Bureau is a for-profit company, not a government agency. They are a mediary that collects complaints from consumers and asks the businesses to respond. They earn profit from membership dues paid by businesses, but companies are in no way obligated to become members. We have chosen not to allocate any resources towards a yearly membership fee that benefits our company very little. Still, when contacted by the BBB with a consumer complaint we respond, as can be seen on the BBB report for our business.

Currently, we have a C- rating, but that's because of the time we've been in business. We have received only 5 complaints and responded to them all. Now, if we were really only paying our scouts "peanuts...sometimes, I guess when [we] feel like it, " don't you think there would be more complaints than just five?

Finally, you have a severe misunderstanding of the online employment industry if you think that we are in violation of any laws. Most major job board's business is based on charging employers and staffing agencies to either post jobs or gain limited access to their resume database. If you've posted a resume on a job board, and were contacted about a job, someone paid to read your resume. You can read more about the services, and the charges associated with this business at Monster's site:

Currently, their "Power Resume" search, which is for 7 days or 100 resumes, is at a cost of $390 to employers and agencies.

I hope this addresses all of your concerns about JobNab.

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2011

I do not know if i believe that jobnab is a TOTAL scam but i am concerned about sending my W-9 that would include my social security number to the company.. any suggestions- either side? thanks

27th of Jan, 2011

Miki, I'm sorry you feel reticent to join the company as a scout. I have done as much as I can in this thread and on other dispelling the erroneous belief that we are in any way not paying our scouts their just due.

We need the W-9 to properly file income taxes for our scouts. Currently we are in the process of preparing hundreds of 1099's. Scouts are classified as independent contractors and are responsible for paying their own income taxes at the end of the year. Simply put, we have to collect a W-9 to remain in compliance with all laws.

Please take a moment to read the materials we've made available before making your decision. These include:

• Du
      23rd of Apr, 2011

Report them to them to the Internet crime center http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

They're part of a major internet scam - Identity and personal information theft.

25th of Apr, 2011

dudemandude,

I'm sorry, but to claim we are doing anything illegal is libelous and patently untrue. We have a privacy policy and terms and conditions posted on our site that we adhere to, and as a user you agree to when using the site. Please refrain from making statements such as this in the future.

JobNab

11th of Jul, 2011

I agree with all of these complaints when I called the number it sounds like some home made back yard business. There is a woman on answering service machine that tries to sound so professional of course I can do the same also and read a script. What company do you call and they never answer the phone...Total losers and a big scam I will be reporting them to FBI website to be listed as scammers.Thanks FBI for the knowledge and info on internet scammers!