JobFox.com / Unauthorized & Inaccurate Posting Of Postions

As the Director - HR for our company, I received a call from one of our long term sales managers indicating that he had seen HIS job posted on JobFox. Recognizing that he is an excellent performer, this obviously caught us off guard. In going to the JobFox site, we were surprised to see that HIS job was indeed posted. We have never been a client of JobFox nor have we ever posted this vacancy in the 5 years that I have been employed with this company. Even though the employee is a long term associate, he was obviously concerned, wondering whether the company was seeking to replace him. Even though we assured him this wasn't the case, seeing your job posted does make you wonder.

In calling Jobfox.com, your option is to basically leave a voice mail message, with the assurance that someone will call you back. I did receive an email in return, indicating they would remove the posting, but could not tell me how the job even made it to their site. The also offerred our company unlimited free postings to their site. Why would I ever want to do business with Jobfox when they post erroneous information? That offer and an apology will fix their error? When I did chat with an "Account Executive", he stated in an email that "our best guess is that one of our human job posters mistakenly created a position for your Phoenix location". I would like to receive, and would expect, a clear and indepth explanation as to how this occured. Is that too much to ask? After all, they did misrepresent our company.

Had this employee not called HR to bring this to our attention, we would have never known. Had the employee left because of this posting, we would have been without an excellent performer and ultimately incurred cost to find a replacement. Other employers and current clients should be aware of this situation.

Comments

9th of Mar, 2010

What company are you with?

• By
      6th of Apr, 2010
    JobFox.com - Old Job Postings
    JobFox
    Ohio
    jobfox.com

I replied to a job that they had posted, low and behold..the job was not available, however, they wanted me to sent them $9.95 to review my resume. I went onto the actual job site that they had posted and the job had closed 3 weeks prior to this company posting this jobs as new. I have seen posting since then and all the jobs are at least 3 weeks old, and the companies are no longer accepting applications. This company just want to sell you a plan that tries to get you jobs.

26th of Apr, 2010

Tweet about how @jobfox is a scam.

26th of Apr, 2010

Go to Twitter and complain about @jobfox!!!

26th of Jul, 2010
    JobFox.com - Professional Resume Writing
    JobFox

These post are a year old, or almost one year old, and while they may be out of date, the post/complaints still holds true. You would think by now JobFox would have changed the way they do tings to keep up with the competiton, but this is not the case. The computer generated critques are still the same even today. I just got one today, and as soon as I google infomation on what to look for in a professional writing service, I called them and ask some questions. The first red flag wa the you did not speak with the writer, you will speak to a salesperson, she calls herself a consultant. The second red flag, they did not have any credentials, or formal training and or certifications. This was enough for me to send them a nice, no thankyou. For four hundred dollars, I should be able to speak with the writer if he wants my business. Now, on the other hand, I did contact a professional resume writer, who I spoke with over the phone, and the charge was the same. It is very expensive, and we just don't have that kind of money right now. Are their more afforable honest professional resume writers. I do realize that they would need to charge high fees in order to make money in the business, however, I'm sure their are enough people out of work and looking for other careers and better pay, so they would not need to charge so much.

27th of Jul, 2010

Thanks so Much for the heads up on the company

27th of Jul, 2010

thanks for the heads up on this company

4th of Aug, 2010

More people need to complain about this company. If you search Google for Jobfox, then "Jobfox Scam" is the first suggestion. Jobfox has tried to do some fixing of their reputation by making a video of someone saying how good jobfox is. They are also trying to make it look like having "scam" as a suggestion is because of their job descriptions that say "At Jobfox, scam recruiters...". That way it will look like scam isn't a bad thing.

7th of Aug, 2010

could anyone please tell me what are the more credible jobsites. After finding out about Jobfox, I quickly reframe from any sites that are similar.

7th of Dec, 2010

Jobfox is a scam.
    Stay away from jobfox!

• Ke
      9th of Jan, 2011
    JobFox.com - They don't seem very honest
    JobFox.xom

I recently found JobFox.com and registered. Upon finding a job posting with ITT Technical Institute, I proceeded to take 15-20 minutes to fill in the JobFox job application and questionnaire. JobFox then indicated I would have to go to the ITT site and fill in a "Few" questions on the Employers site. Well, to my utter dismay, I needed to spend the time to start over and fill in an ENTIRE new application directly on the ITT site!! That's after JobFox tried to get me to pay for a "Better" submission of my application. I think JobFox is a rip-off!! And, a waste of one's time!

28th of Feb, 2011
    JobFox.com - scam
    Jobfox.com
    jobfox.com

The customer service is terrible!!! No reply of email, phone call... The service quality is bad. Nothing exciting and competent. I only ordered resume writing service but been charge for 6-month plan and paid $300 more. Received only two times of re-writing and nothing else.

• Tw
      25th of Jan, 2012
    JobFox.com - JobFox is a Scam
    JobFox.com
    jobfox.com

A friend referred me to jobfox.com. it is a scam. after you submit your resume, they send you an email every day stating that your resume is incomplete and for $399 they will critique it for you. that's the lowest price - it goes up to almost $800. it is impossible to unsubscribe from getting these email. also, the jobs they list are the same jobs posted on indeed.com and other websites.in addition, most of the jobs that I see on jobfox have a link on the side stating that educational training needed for the position, and this is where they push online colleges - whether you already have the education or not.in addition, jobfox sells your information to other companies, so you will receive anywhere from 10-15 emails a day to get insurance, buy a car, go back to school, and any other subject you can name. when you click on "unsubscribe" you are redirected to the advertisement's application page. I have a dedicated job search email address and was not receiving any junk mail until I signed up for this darn jobfox. take my advice and don't become a victim of this scam site. your inbox will thank you!

• Ca
      16th of Feb, 2012
    JobFox.com - scam
    jobfox.com

This company tricks job seekers by posting jobs, they find online. you may think you are applying for the job but they have no connection what-so-ever with the employers.
    They want your resume and information so they can sell you a resume service. this is deceiving if they are a resume company they should advertise as such, not trick job seekers into thinking they are applying for a job! after that all you will get is daily spam peddling their services!
    They should be ashamed of themselves! this is fraud!
    I will be contacting the attorney general and the bbb.
    Do not be tricked in to this!