Joaquin Olvera <jaoquinolverasignyahoo.com>Beware - scam!

1 Review updated:

Hello, Please pardon my approach without a prior consent I am contacting you in view of the fact we will be of Great assistance to each other, like developing a cordial business Relationship. I am Mr. Joaquin Olvera From San Francisco of United States of America . The Auditor General of one of the Prime banks here USA. During the course of our auditing, I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 1997 and since 2006 nobody has operated on this account again, after going Through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing. The owner of this account is Mr. Robert Peter Wright of California USA, an Industrialist and a stock broker. He died in August 2005, when he was involved in Hurricane Katrina and no other person knows about this account or anything concerning it. The account has no other beneficiary and my investigation confirmed that Mr. Robert Peter Wright until his death was the Managing Director/ CEO ROT FINANCIAL STOCK LTD of USA . And all his family members were victims of Hurricane Katrina. We will start the first transfer with fifty six million [$50, 000.000]. Upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining amount into your account. The amount involved is (USD 132 M) One hundred and thirty two million United States Dollars only. First of all, I want to transfer $50, 000.000 [Fifty Million United States Dollar] from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest. The snag is that I don't know any foreigner. I am only contacting you because this money cannot be approved to a local person here. It can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international account or foreign a/c because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr. Robert Peter Wright is also a foreigner. However, we will sign a binding agreement that you will not betray me in this deal as soon as the money enters into your account. I am revealing this to you with believes in God that you will never let me down in this business or betray me as soon as this money goes into your account. Send also your private telephone and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit. I need your full co-operation to make this work fine because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account. This I will give to you upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and willing to meet up with the instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this transaction. I need your strong assurance that you will never let me down. With my influence the bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately we receive this money leaving no trace to any place and to ensure our safety. I will apply for annual leave to get my ticket immediately I hear from you that you are ready to act and receive this fund in your account. I will use my position and influence to obtain all legal approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance from the relevant ministries and foreign exchange departments. At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 40% of the total amount, 50% will be for me, while 10% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring. I look forward to your earliest reply. Best Regards, Mr. Joaquin Olvera.

Comments

• He
      Oct 24, 2008

Ohmigosh, I must get at least 50 of these a week - thank goodness they mostly go to my spam file right away. I love how these guys claim to be intelligent, business type people and yet their use of the English language (grammatical errors) is deplorable. I've had phishing letters claiming to be from the FBI, PayPal, Ebay, PepsiCo and several major banks in the US and the UK. Just today I got a call from some pakistani guy named Desmond charles (yeah, right!) who wanted to offer me a reduced interest rate on my credit card. He asked me how much I owed on my card (NEVER TELL ANYONE THAT AS THIS IS ONE OF THE SECURITY QUESTIONS THAT AMEX USED TO ASK ME WHEN I CALLED THEM - THAT INFO PLUS YOUR NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH IS ENOUGH FOR A HACKER OR SCAMMER TO GET YOUR CREDIT INFO FROM A BUREAU AND THEN JUST WATCH OUT!) If you want a reduced rate on your card - go to a competing bank and ask them for their competitive rate, but please don't do anything over the phone. Hope this helps some of you before its too late.