Joan Rivers Great Hair Day / Deceptive pricing

My wife ordered three units of GREAT HAIR DAY BOGO and 6 units of HAIR CREAM by using their voice mail. The nine units had a total merchandise cost of $119.91, which is fine. Later that day, she received a confirmation e-mail indicating that she was also being charged $89.88 for shipping, meaning approximately $9.98 per unit. That e-mail clearly states, "You will receive another email at the time your order is shipped." The second e-mail never arrived, but when she called to cancel the order, the customer service rep said the order could not be canceled because it had already shipped. In my opinion, they were being doubly dishonest, first by failing to mention the shipping charges or provide a total cost in their voice mail, and second by saying the order had shipped when it obviously hadn't. My wife has called her credit card company to block payment, and she'll simply return the box unopened if it arrives.

Comments

• Dc
      29th of Oct, 2011

I ordered Joan Rivers Great Hair Day, Buy One Get One. The rep. who took to call went on to offer other products. I went for it. When I got the email stating the cost, products were approx. $38. while S&H was in the high $50. I called and canceled. I then placed an order for just the one BOGO. The rep. placed the order. i stated, to be sure it was going to cost $19.99 plus $7.99 S&H for the BOGO. It was agreed and the order was placed. I received an envelope with just one Great Hair Day. When I called to check, the rep. said that I never placed the order for a BOGO. I feel this company and it's workers are very deceptive. I am extremely disappointed and i will never order any Joan River's products again. Thank you.