Joan Johnson / Scam involving placing ads on your car.

United States, Phiiladelphia
18371 Hwy. 21 South
Phone: 6016566100
My grandson signed up for an offer to have decals placed on his car for the purpose of advertising. (I can't believe he fell for it.) They sent him a check drawn of Owensboro Riverport Authority in the amoung of $1950.00. He took it to the bank and ask if it was a good check. They said it was and cashed it for him as he was a customer of their bank. Per the peoples instructions, he was to meet with an "expert" who would place the decals on his car. My grandson was to then give the "expert" all of the money except $500.00 which was to be his monthly payment for displaying their ad. For some reason, the people never contacted him and of course, he spent the entire $1950.00. As you already know, the check came back a week later, "Closed Account". My husband and I paid the bank of the check which we could ill afford to do. I contacted the Owensboro Riverboat Authority and learned someone had duplicated checks on an account they closed 3 years prior.
I have all the email messages from the people and I have contacted them expressing that I was interested in their offer because I needed extra money. I received the same initial reply my grandson did. At this point, they are awaiting my name, address, and other info. Then, they will let me know what to do next. I believe they can be caught as they are active on the computer at this moment. I may never get my money back but I know there have been at least 50 other calls to Owensboro from people who fell into the same trap. Can you help me? I have copies of all the emails and I can forward them to you.
Jun 22, 2015