JOAN BONFONTE / points

1 2708 brown st.Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 917-723-6259

I HAVE A MAJOR COMPLAINT, I HAVE BEEN A LONG STANDING MEMBER OF AMERICAN EXPRESS. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I USED MY POINTS TO TRAVEL. I BOOKED A TRIP ID#[protected] ON JUNE 30TH, JFK TO PALM BEACH ROUND TRIP, 5 NIGHTS AT THE RITZ CARLTON AND AVIS CAR RENTAL. THE TOTAL WAS $2, 034.54, MY POINTS WERE DEDUCTED $683.19, MY BALANCE WAS $1, 351.00. I MADE THE RESERVATIONS. THE HOTEL DID NOT INCLUDE BREAKFAST AND IT WAS A DELUX ACCOMANDATION. MY SISTER WANTED TO JOIN ME ON THIS TRIP AND SHE CALLED JET BLUE, RITZ CARLTON ON THE SAME DAY, TUES. JUNE 30TH. I ALSO CONFIRMED, THE RITZ CARLTON HAD AN UPGRADED ROOM, AMERICAN BREAKFAST, STAY 3 NIGHTS AND THEY GAVE YOU 2 NIGHTS, (5 NIGHTS TOTAL) FOR $269.00 PER NIGHT FOR 3 NIGHTS PLUS $50 TO SPEND AT THE HOTEL. THE TOTAL FOR THE 5 NIGHTS INCLUDING AMERICAN BREAKFAST WAS $807.
JET BLUE WAS $688 TOTAL FOR AIR FOR 2 ADULTS. I HAD UPGRADED MY MY ACCOMENDATIONS TO GET AN UPGRADE AND AMERICAN BREAKFAST, I WAS CHARGED $349.00 EXTRA. MY AMERICAN EXPRESS BILL WAS TOTAL OF $1, 700 PLUS MY POINTS OF $683 AMOUNTING TO $2, 383, SO AM I BEING CHARGED THE DIFFERANCE OF $888 FOR A CAR RENTAL BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT AMOUNTS TO. IF THIS BE THE CASE THAT IM BEING CHARGED MORE FOR USING MY POINTS THAN IF I BOOKED THIS MYSELF, I AM INTENDING TO NOTIFY ALL THE CHANNELS THAT I CAN ON TV (SHAME ON YOU) ETC. AND CANCEL MY AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD. IN MY OPINION, WHAT A SCAM THIS IS.

Comments

Sh
  3rd of Jul, 2009

STOP YELLING

Ahem. First, you didn't calculate any taxes. Second, depending on the type of car you get, it can be expensive for 5 days. Third, I'm sure it costs more to upgrade a room than to book that way in the first place. Finally, maybe you were just able to get a better deal personally than what American Express had at the time. It happens.

It's not a scam and it's not their fault. It just is. Besides, it sounds like you must have some money to be able to afford that vacation so I doubt it's really hurting you that much. I wouldn't notify any channels unless you want to be the one ridiculed. And, if you want to damage your credit, by all means close your account.