JK Harris / IRS Tax Scam

1 Galveston Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

After filing taxes with Turbo Tax for years we were hit with an amount we spposedly owed the IRS. After seeing JK Harris commercials on TV we contacted the 800 number and met with a consultant in Houston, TX. We paid over 2K after being assured that it was a 1099 error and they would be able to remove penalties and interest.
We issued a check to JK Harris and still owe the IRS the same amount. They have yet to complete our 2008 income tax ande are being charged penalties/interest for that also.
We were involved in Hurricane Ike, lost 2 vehicles, a whole garage full of tools, motorbikes, sports equipment and much much more.
We were told we had to submit a list of damages which are ongoing with sewage problems, drainage problems, etc. Our home has lost value. I do realize that 2009 is the final year to deduct these losses.
I have called the main office of JK Harris who told me to call our consultant. He has never returned a single call. His name is William Kendrick. I have sent numerous emails to the company with no response whatsoever. WE HAVE PAID FOR OUR 2008 TAXES TO BE DONE and they are not doing this.
My husband and I are both disabled. The hurricane nearly killed us. I was in the ICU for the entire month of December 2008.
DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE BY ANY MEANS!!~THEY WILL ONLY RIP YOU OFF!! OUR INSURANCE ALSO DID NOT PAY NEARLY ENOUGH! TX Wind and Storm, Farmers, Flood Insurance. We no longer are able to pay for it. For all the years we paid them they did not reimburse nearly enough. We are now fixing things a little at a time. BEWARE OF JK HARRIS~BEWARE do not give them any money!!

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      17th of Nov, 2006
    JK Harris - Money waste!

I've seen an add on TV so I called JK Harris office in florida for back taxes. I talked to Darryl Lassare he told me we qualified, we owed $12,000 in back taxes. We gave them $2400 and 14 months later we got, all we can do is set up payments, I was allready doing that. I could of gave that money to the IRS, but no I gave that money to jk Harris that did nothing for me. I do not recommend them to anyone, I told all my friends not to use them. How many other people have they taken advantage of? That don't have that kind of money to waste.

• Bi
      14th of Dec, 2008
    JK Harris - Scam, not doing what is in the contract
    Bill
    Crittenden, Kentucky

I hired JK Harris back on 12-20-06 for a IRS audit of 2 different years. They charged me $2650.00 for their services. In the meantime, The only thing they did was to caused me alot more money owed to the IRS and lot of financial burdens. They filed one amended return and it was denied by the IRS as soon as it hit their desks. They sent my complete financial papers, including SS number, home address, work number, cell number to another client of JK Harris. Luckly for me, this person was honest and called me with this information. In all the time I dealt with JK Harris, I turned them in to the BBB, a total of 6 times, and after I received the information the other person, I fired them. Got the BBB back involved and they(JK Harris) said they would return $1742.00 of my money. Thats keeping almost a $1000.00 for nothing they did. The BBB said they were satisfied even though I was Not. JK Harris sent me a contract of released and I would get my money within 90 to 120 days of the date they received my signed contract. Well now they are saying they have no idea when I will received my money. People if we all stick together and raised enough Hell, we can beat this company. They have stolen, lied, cheated numberous people out of money for nothing. Its hard telling how many people are involved that have not complained against them. Why we can't get a large group of lawyers to fight for us, is beyond me. Then maybe the lawyers are just as crooked as JK Harris.

• Pa
      4th of Feb, 2010

They did nothing for us. We are still waiting on a refund for over a year. They give me the run around every time I speak with them.
    Paid over $13, 000 and received no help!!!

• Cr
      30th of Jul, 2010

Boy did I dodge a bullet!!! When I called these guys up it was a strong arm sale from the very beginning. I guy named Lexington Steel or something gave me the run down. What I owe, how much I make, my assets etc. Next was his question was " Would you like to write a check by phone or use a credit card? That will be $7, 500".
    Under what circumstance would somebody hand over that amount of hard earned money after a 10 minute conversation. Well not me. I kinda laughed, and asked if that is normal protocol. He exclaimed that because they are such a big company and spend a million dollars in advertising every month, I should have a blind faith in them.

Needless to say I did not hand over the money.

About a month later, after networking with a few friends. I was pointed to the website www.settlewiththeirs.info and spoke to a gentlemen named Owen 877-517-0067 . My experience with them has been as smooth as one could expect from a professional company. For starters they offered me a Free Tax Investigation. This only made sense to me because if I don't have a clue what my situation is with the IRS, then how could I expect this company to know what they could do for me and require an upfront exorbitant amount of money to find out where I stand? In the end I saved a lot of time and money

• To
      11th of Oct, 2010
    JK Harris - No work rendered
    JK Harris

I was a client of JK Harris about 5 years ago. At least I thought I was. A years worth of work with them, repeatedly resending the same documents, unanswered phone calls, general unprofessionalism. After all this I was hit with a huge bill to the IRS. We are talking just under 100, 000.

Without getting into it, these last 4 years have not been easy for me and I have not been able to make any payments towards the IRS debt. This year I was finally able to get my finances working in my favor. So I wanted to handle my obligations. After a lot of money was spent with JK Harris and little benefit achieved I thought there was still a glimmer of hope left to reduce at least some Penalties and Fees. I exhausted all resources finding a reputable firm and finally a friends suggestion about FS Legal Centers really caught my attention. (They had helped him). Not only did I feel confident after speaking with the agent but they were willing to do a Tax Investigation before having me commit 100% financially. A lot different from those companies with advertisements on TV.

Here comes the kicker. After I received my Tax Investigation a day later. FS Legal Centers tells me that the IRS had filed a substitute return for me instead of JK Harris actually filing!!! That means that absolutely no work had been completed. I often look back at all those years I had that liablility hanging over my head. The stress nearly ended my marriage. My family was able to stay strong through these years and now finally I do not owe anybody but the bank for my mortgage. All I can say is thank you FS Legal Centers. 714 7949TAX, I do suggest them to anyone. They were always on point!

14th of Dec, 2010
    JK Harris - Tax rip off
    JK Harris

JKHarris took $2, 275.00 of my money, one week later told me they had received my documents and one week later told me they had not received my documents. I asked for my money back and not only wrote by email but sent a cerified return reciept letter. Have not even had my certified return reciept letter responded to. They just kept the money with no response. Total Scammers. I went to a reputable taxman in Scottsdale and had my taxes done in two days. JKHarris merely took my money and smiled.

Cannot believe I fell for this scam.

• Bi
      3rd of Jan, 2011
    JK Harris - Failure to provide service
    Nebraska

My husband paid JK Harris $2000 over the course of a year and a half to help him settle a 35, 000 debt to the IRS. As soon as the last payment was made they dropped him immediately - would not return his phone calls. The only way he found out they dropped him was by calling the IRS!! - they had received a letter that JK Harris was no longer "representing" him - what a joke. $2000 for NOTHING! - could have used that money to pay towards the debt. How can this company still be in business???!! It is a complete rip off!

• Ro
      25th of Jan, 2011
    JK Harris - Tax Relief
    SpringHill
    Florida

I Hired them because of their promise to either rid the tax problem or negotiate a compromise with the IRS, they only took the lien off but they could not help me with my tax problem of 25, 000, the bill was 4, 000 and change that they charge me for nothing i am still paying the IRS so i stop paying the bill because i can not pay 2 bills at a time, so what i owe JK Harris is going towards paying the IRS, and stay away from Ronnie Lynn and Doucht they are also a scam artis now they took me for 2500 hundred and no resolution, you can not win as far as getting honest help with tax problems.

• Pa
      8th of Mar, 2011
    JK Harris - Screwed up
    JK Harris

I trusted jk harris to represent me and after almost two years of me calling my rep, because they would not contact me and did not perform to my

expectation in a professional way.

well after spending 3300 dollars, the irs rejected my offer and compromise and the money i owe the irs will continue to compound daily there response was after i finish paying for a car that is my only way to work i can start paying the irs in 5 years.

jk harris only wants your money, dont trust them make a deal with the irs.

• Ho
      26th of Jun, 2011
    JK Harris - Ripps off hard workinng americans
    JK Harris

Jk harris was hired in april 2008, payments started may 15th, i still recieved a garnishment in dec 2008, i kept calling and they kept transferring me to new case workers, they never called me back.i was ripped off.. i i ended up paying them and still had to pay my taxes plus irs pentalties. the staff is well trained, they ignored my calls and e-mails. dont trust them, your better off trusting the irs!!! sad huh !!! do not sign a reciept and general release either, they wont send your refund!!! still waiting since 2009.

• Ju
      5th of Jul, 2011
    JK Harris - Never filed my back taxes,took 4000.00
    JK Harris

I went to j.k.harris for an offer of compromise with the I.r.s. My atty. seemed very nice and noligeable.After paying 800.00 cash down, I paid almost 4000.00 on my credit card.

I was flbberghasted when several years later the I.r.s.called me and said I never filed those years! They said it was between me and them. Im just payi.ng it off now.they are in litigation, and I want my money back, have all proof...the lawsuit is about too high of fees, however my taxes were never filed.when I tried talking to them, they wouldnt because of class action lawsuit..

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2011

I found a company that can help www.americastaxnetwork.com. They offer up to two hours of consultation for $99.00. The person they put you in touch with is an Enrolled Agent that was a FORMER employee of the IRS. They will talk with you, discuss your case and answer any questions during that time. If you wish they will then pull your masterfile and check your records with the IRS. If they can help they will offer solutions after they review all your info. Since they are Enrolled Agents and not sales people like these other groups they could lose their liscense. Hope this helps..

• Ro
      27th of Sep, 2011
    JK Harris - Robbers In The Worst Way
    South Carolina

JK Harris made promises they could not keep and took my money and worst of all they tried to make like it was my fault. You can't keep taking people money and not do as promised. The IRS levied my account and I had no documentation that it was happening and I paid JK HArris $1350.00 to prevent this. Then paid additional $1000.00 only to have the garnishment papers sent to my job. This has been a total nightmare and if anyone goes sees their commercials change the channel because they did nothing to help me and I am tired of thinking it was my fault since October when I met Jeff Sutton and the promises he made it was the worst decision ever. I had to hire another lawyer to get things done.

• Ea
      10th of Apr, 2012

The same Mr. Kendrick took me for 5500 dollars and was supposed to have his CPA Debra file my tax returns for 3 years and solve my IRS problems. I was recommended to him by a Mr. Craig Conner . Nothing was done to help me. Noone will return my calls.

• Ea
      10th of Apr, 2012

Mr. Kendrick took my money, my refund checks and my tax records and would not return them. Mr. Craig Conner who referred me to Mr. Kendrick said he would help but no results so far. I am out 5500 in upfront payment and many thousand of dollars in refund checks. Apparently the CPA Debra who he was going to have prepare my documents does not exist. The state of Texas showed no CPAs working with Mr. Kendrick.

• Th
      9th of Jun, 2016
    JK Harris - No services for fees paid
    JK Harris & Co LLC

On Oct 31, 2008 my wife and I contracted with JK Harris to file an Offer in Compromise on a 2005 tax debt. The amount charged was $6500 - about $2500 paid so far. We were told that JK Harris would file an Emergency Request for Existing Levy Release. According to the IRS, none was ever filed on my account. My accounts have since been levied for over $4500.

A JK Harris agent was assigned my case on Nov 11, 2008 - one Kelly Amerson. I sent all required documentation to Ms. Amerson in December and never received any response. Ms. Amerson had either been released from employment or quit some time in December. We were never notified and our case was not then reassigned to another agent.
    After receiving a Notice of intent to levy, I contacted JK Harris and was assigned to a new agent - one Sanicqua Robinson-Jackson. She required me to resubmit all of the required documentation which I did over the next two days.
    on 12 Jan 2009 JK Harris sent drafts of IRS forms 2848, 443-A and 656. These were corrected and returned on 13 Jan 2007.
    On or about Feb 10, 2009 the IRS levied my checking account for over $4500. I cannot make rent or bills now and am in danger of eviction. I contacted Ms. Jackson and was told that chances were I wouldn't get that money back. She then sent to me the final copies of forms 443 and 656. These were incorrect and had to be returned to JK Harris.
    I contacted Ms. Robinson-Jackson on Feb 11, 2009 and was advised (told) to not initiate any communications with the IRS for any reason. That if I were personally contacted by IRS, to advise that a power of attorney is filed at IRS and to provide the contact information for JK Harris.
    According to the IRS, no such Power of Attorney has been filed on my account. Further, no correspondence (written or voice) has been made on my behalf by JK Harris.
    On 16 Feb 2009, I sent a written notice to discontinue automatic debits from JK Harris.
    I have also lodged complaints at www.lawcash.com and have contacted the San Francisco law firm Hersh & Hersh, the law firm which handled a 2007 class action suit against JK Harris. I will also lodge complaints with the California Attorney General and the Office of Professional Responsibility.
    It is my opinion that JK Harris is in breach of contract and conducts misleading and fraudulent business practices and that this conduct has directly caused the loss of over $4500 in levies. They have only communicated when I could actually get through to them. They rarely initiated communication. They provide no accounting of forms filed, communications made on our behalf. The IRS has no record of any contact or filed forms on our behalf.
    If a law firm accepts this case, I will seek refund of all fees paid to JK Harris by me; an amount equal to the money lost to IRS levy; associated overdraft and legal fees on levied accounts; and all legal fees associated with a suit against JK Harris.

• Ki
    JK Harris - rip off
    Delaware

My son went to JK Harris about his back taxes and they made him sign an agreement to do the 3 steps at $500 each step well he went thru with all the steps and then said that the gentleman that was helping him was giving out false information and was fired so they weren't able to refund his money or continue to help him. Got no where when tried to talk to someone about this, always got the run a round on it. This company just takes your money and rips people off and it is the people that don't have the money that can't afford to be ripped off cause they are seeking guidance with money owed for taxes. This company should be ashamed of themselves doing this to people but of course they are not ashamed, they just canive money out of people and get away with it. Government won't do anything of course about this!

• Be
      13th of Jul, 2016

I just got through my tax nightmare! I avoided this company by doing research before deciding on someone to represent me. The problem is they take your money before getting a clear picture on your situation with the IRS. Companies like Tax Relief Foundation conduct an investigation first. This is the only honest way to conduct business in this arena. Both you and your representation have realistic expectations. I would recommend them to my parents. That says a lot.

13th of Jul, 2016

Trusted JK Harris and come to find out they are rip offs. Been working with them for 2 years and I want to know where all my paper work went they required to be sent to them. I don't think there is any such things as POA and I tried to call them all day and only one time did they answer and if I wanted them to help more on my case I have to pay more. I have a new case worker every week now. If they think I will pay them more they are full of sh**. I had to call the IRS today and they were really nice and helpful. I should have worked it out with them and sent the money I owe them instead of JK Harris.