JK Harris & Company / Customer service is terrible!

My case specialist has discontinued returning my phone calls about the progression of my case. Even after all services have been paid in full! Better business bureau has 134 complaints over 3 years, of which only 79 have been resolved completely, as of june 15, 2006! Most issues are in regards to contract disputes and customer service issues.

I would not recommend anyone to use the services of this company based on my own personal experience of poor service!

I personally hope one of the news programs does a segment about these issues, so that Perhaps if these issues see the "light of day," the issues can be corrected.

Company details:

4995 Lacross Road Suite 1800
Charleston, Sc 29406

Su

Comments

15th of Dec, 2006
    JK Harris & Company - Takes your money and then does nothing

After Paying well over 1,500 to a J.K. Harris Rep in Ontario Calif in 2005 in seeking their help to resolve Student Loan and un-resolved Consumer charge off debts. The J.K. Harris was of no help what soever...I even had to order and pay for my own credit reports...In February 2006 I phoned my so
    called rep for a progress report who immediately transfered me to another Department and then hung up. I then wrote a letter to the company to find out what they had accomplished for my $1.500 their reply was the following.

* Initial processing * preparation of power of attny. * review & analysis.

In july of 2006 I wrote a demand letter for the refund of my 1.500. They soon agreed to re fund $600.00 within 60 days.. But again I met with more deception and false promises... As of now Dec '06 they won't pick up the phone when I call and I am still waiting for my refund... If there is any one else out there that has been duped & deceived and by this un-scrupulous Company Which uses Mega TV commercials to Praise its performances. Takes your money and then does nothing...

• Na
      19th of Dec, 2006

JK Harris&Company
    4995 Lacross road suite 1800
    N.Charleston SC 29406

On March 9. 2006, I retain JK Harris&Company to prepare and submit my 2000 through 2005 New York Federal and State Taxes. I paid them $ 3,000 (dollars) on March 9, 2006 at their Brooklyn office, located at 111 Livingston street, Brooklyn NY. I made several calls to their office, to find out why I I haven't been contact in regards to my taxes ,but to no avail,In fact no response was ever made until recently and that was due to several Attorney who contact their office on my behalf, this was in late August.
    On August 24, 2006 JK Harris&Company mailed out 2002 through 2005 NY Federal and State taxes, which I received on August 28, 2006 with a attach letter for me to return within 15 days or I'll br charges additional fee, now that’s alot of balls, then on September 12, 2006 I received 2000 through 2001 with the same attach letter telling me to return with 15 days or I'll be charge additional fees, to make a long story short, through my attorney I inform them to stop all work on my taxes, and refund me my full $3,000 plus fees & charges for making me late for 2005 tax year,up to now October 26, 2006, I have yet to here from JK Harris & Company, and they still got my $ 3,000.00 and refuse to return it to me.

• Ke
      9th of Feb, 2008

jkharris took over $3000. dollars from us and did nothing. Just gave me the run around they kept telling us to wait not to worry in the mean time told me to do nothing so irs took all are money from savings and checking jkharris is a joke.

• Va
      29th of Apr, 2008
    JK Harris & Company - Ripped off by JK Harris
    www.jkharris.com

We paid JK Harris $950 to be an intermediary for the IRS for us. It was a math error on a return and the rep promised to get a payment plan of $50 a month for us. They took the money, did not call the IRS, told me to do it myself and still have our money after sending them a certified letter and e-mails to return our money.

It has been 8 months and after contacting the Attorney General, BBB, Federal, etc., they still have not returned our money. Many consumer complaint websites have reported the same slimy tactics.

• Cl
      22nd of May, 2008

do what i did file a complaint through squeakywheel.com, how the bbb, attorney general office is letting this go on.and every time its view it shows up on attorney general general office, letting them the people is tired of this, they need to do something, if you need any information on how to do this contact me angelmurphy1@gmail.com elra j murphy

• Va
      30th of Jun, 2008
    JK Harris & Company - Scam artists
    www.jkharris.com

JK Harris will steal your money and make great sounding promises. They are really good about returning calls while they are luring you in, but fail to be so professional after they have your deposit because they've moved on to their next victims. Never trust a company with such ghetto stationery. I speak from experience - I was in my early 20s. All of the paperwork you need to file with the IRS can be done on your own if you would just take the time, plus, the IRS offers services and payment plans. Do not let JK Harris scare you into signing a contract.