JK Harris & Co / Fraud and cheating

1 4975 LaCrosse RoadCharleston, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-826-6417

JK Harris & Co charges way too much to do an OIC. JK harris & Co knows that less than 20% of all OICs are accepted by the IRS. A majority of OIC's are going to be rejected by the IRS. JK Harris and Co would rather see you lose the OIC than see you win. This would be less work that they have to do. This is why JK Harris & Co does not even bother following up on your OIC with the IRS. IF your offer gets rejected, JK Harris will make you wait and will not even counteroffer like they say they do. Best way for JK Harris to get your offer rejected is to not to answer correspondence from the IRS and to avoid you. You can leave messages for your case worker and you will not get an immediate response.

JK Harris offers very little customer service as it should be the case workers calling you and not vice versa. If someone is going to pay generously to do a service, I would calling be that client frequently.

ONce your offer gets rejected by the IRS, jK harris is basically off the hook. THis is the best alternative for JK Harris because they do not have to do any more work on your case. JK harris & Co salespeople do a free analysis to see whether an OIC can work for you. Instead of telling you the truth that an OIC will be rejected based upon your financial information, JK harris & Co will take your money and tell you otherwise.

JK Harris has not turned a down a taxpayer from its services. IF JK harris & Co did an free analysis and determined that the taxpayer would not qualify for an OIC, would a salesperson at JK Harris tell the customer the truth. I say probably not. Its far easier to take $3000 or more from a slam dunk case (OIC) that will be rejected by the IRS. I assume that the salepeople at JK harris are making at least 20-25% commission. Reminds me of the auto salespeople. The goal is to make as much as they can without any regard to helping out a taxpayer.

IF you are poor, elderly, and have way too many bills, the IRS will accept your OIC pennies on the dollar. You do not need to hire jK harris & co to do an OIC for you. Instead, I suggest that you prepare your own OIC and follow up with the IRS. The IRS is very reasonable and will work with you. JK Harris & Co has settled for some of its clients in the past and that was for advertising (testimonial) purposes.

JK harris & Co was recently involved in a class action lawsuit that it lost in July 2007. The defendants were awarded $6.2 million but it will take over 6 years for this amount to be funded by jK Harris & Co. I call this settling its future litigation pennies on the dollar ($.09 on the dollar). The judge based these numbers on the financial of JK Harris & Co. THe judge determined that a bigger amount, paying off 100% to all 55, 000 defendants, would make jK Harris & Co go bankrupt. Having resolve its legal costs $.09 on the dollar was a victory for JK Harris & co.

The real winners at JK harris & Co are Mr Harris, his family and upper management. Over the years, they have given themselves well over 6 figure annual incomes and thus pulled money out of the corporation. Over the years, Mr Harris and his goons have pulled out money out of their fraudulent business so that they can show less assets (cash) on hand to handle a class action lawsuit. I say this was all planned out.

Mr Harris is an accountant and held the title CPA. This class action lawsuit was planned out and over the years JK harris & Co manipulated the numbers to show less assets and more debt. This class action lawsuit benefited jK Harris & co more than it did 50, 000 plus taxpayers involved. Jk Harris will have several years to fully fund $6.2 million. Each taxpayer in this class action lawsuit is only entitled to $69. What a ripoff this class action lawsuit was.

We are better off taking JK Harris to small claims court. Taking JK Harris & CO and its local salesperson to a small claims court is something they do not want you to do. Another thing that we can do, is to protest outside their local nationwide offices (which are one day rentals per week).

I appreciate the feedback from ex-employees and former clients of jK Harris & Co.

Va

Comments

29th of May, 2008

Mehtab,

We were able to identify your account using the information you included in your posts. We have extensively researched your case and feel compelled to provide a response to your complaint, as we are confused as to the source of your discontent. Our records show that your Offer in Compromise was accepted by the IRS in July of 2007. When you paid the amount the IRS settled for, this amount conclusively settled your tax debt and saved you tens of thousands of dollars in tax, interest, and penalties. The acceptance occurred prior to the start of the class action settlement, of which you were a member; i.e. not only was your debt resolved, but you were also eligible to participate in settlement proceeds. We are unclear as to why, nearly a year after your case was satisfactorily concluded, you feel compelled to post complaints on this forum? If you are still in need of assistance, please contact us at clientmessages@jkharris.com. We would like to count you among our satisfied customers, but are unsure why you are unhappy after getting an Offer In Compromise accepted.

Josh Baker
    VP Marketing and Communications, JK Harris and Co.

29th of May, 2008

Sincerely,

Josh Baker
    VP Marketing and Communications
    JK Harris and Company, LLC

12th of Aug, 2008

Obviously Josh ( and from what I can see JK Harris in general ) is trying to revamp their image. I have posted and cross-posted on this company several places. they are a rip-off. 1) Getting a CP-2000 is scary 2) JK Harris seems reasonable or certainly was saturating the market with ads, so I called. 3) I was put in front of a salesman who never mentioned my case would be reviewed, he simply told me, oh, you have X$ in assets, you owe $Y, so that is what you will pay the IRS. And of course pay them their 3K+. They did nothing. They requested documents of me, which after a little research, I discovered were standard when filing YOUR OWN OIC! You can do this yourself. So I became suspicious, worked with the US Taxpayer Advocacy person in California, and the IRS realized they had been in error. I owed less that what JK Harris was charging me. When I asked for a refund, and after 1 year of silence on their part, they promised me 1800.00 back. I have never received the refund or heard from them since.

27th of Sep, 2008

JK Harris is trying to revamp their image. But, I woun't stop them from shafting the next new customer out of 3-5 grand. My story is the same as all the rest. If they were doing their job, 18 states attorney generals would not have filed complaints.

27th of Sep, 2008

Correction- 'it' woun't stop them'

• Fj
      4th of Dec, 2008

I took JK Harris to small claims court, when they offered to refund only pennies on the dollar for doing nothing. I named the company and the local representative, alleging fraud and misrepresentation on the part of both entites and breach of contract. They do not show up in court. . . . so I was able to convince the judge that the fraud was more than employee work and got a judgment against both for everything I had paid and costs. I waited the 30 day appeal period and then called the employee the next day and informed him I was going to levy on his wages. The legal department called me back immediately and after faxing them a copy of the judgment, immediately sent me my money via overnight mail. This is an easy way to get your money back and faster than waiting for the class action suit where you only get a small part of the total.