Jitterbug / Terrible service!
I purchased a Jitterbug for my elderly parents. I was promised delivery by Dec 22, 2007 and was charged an additional $20 for such; obviously for Christmas. Didn't arrive. That is not the problem though. The selling point on this product is that is "elderly friendly". They promise a "helpful operator" on the other side of the zero key. I called, very friendly like, and spoke with Becky at 8:49PM on Dec 22 at [protected]. Oh My God! Becky is the LAST person I ever want my parents speaking to, crisis or no crisis. Mean Spirited is an understatement. Fortunately I paid with Amex so I will just dispute the charge and refuse it whenever it does arrive. If your parents are like my parents they just won't use it if it is an uncomfortable or demeaning experience; they are already shy to call for help as it is. If you need something you can depend on, it is not Becky at Jitterbug. I'm not sure what we're going to do about getting them a phone they understand and feel comfortable with; I hope there are alternatives. I do know it won't be Jitterbug, even if they gave it to them for free. False security is no security!
PS-FYI-If you try to find a real address for Jitterbug on Google, you will find there is not one. Only a PO Box in Carlsbad, CA with an incorrect zip code. You will find some vague links to GreatCall Inc in Del Mar California, but it doesn't have a real address either.
More Jitterbug Complaints & Reviews
- Jitterbug Phone - Terrible service! 
- Jitterbug - bad service 
- Jitterbug Phone - Rude Customer Service -- Poor Service 
- Jitterbug Phone / GreatCall, Inc. - Predatory Unethical Practices 
- GreatCall, Inc. - Jitterbug - Service 
- Jitterbug - Customer service
- Great Call / Jitterbug - Service Cancellation
- GreatCall - They kept charging me after I canceled my subscription 
- Jitterbug Cell Phone - Jitterbug cell phone 
- GreatCall 5star Urgent Response - VERY Defective DESIGN - Dangerous